Capital’s governor wants to reduce smoke emitted from grilled pork stalls

webfact

Not a crazy idea.   My buddy started and owns the purpleair.org particulate monitors.  He gifted me one of the first 50 models.  Now Wowldwise and a few in Thailand.  They use Wi-Fi to send in data every so many minutes. One day he called me and asked me what was going on? My monitor had spiked to over 300ppm.  I had started a fire in my  fire pit sone 35' away from the monitor.  The smoke never blew that direction but it taught me how bad open fire smoke is for pm 2.5s.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Indicative of a tiny brain, totally devoid of creativity and the ability to come up with real, effective solutions. Since he has little control of the real culprits (big agra), he must feel the need to do something. But this? Really? Looks like they elected the wrong guy for the job. 

5 hours ago, roger101 said:

This reminds me of that highly educated politician who a few years ago said Korean barbeques caused the air pollution in Chaing Mai.

One wonders how such plainly dim witted people get to be in such positions of authority. But I have to think to the UK and the example some of our MPs make...... 

I'm always impressed by some of the fancy fans and ducting some cart vendors rig up.  I doubt  they are just after poek rather than all grilled meats.  Im a fan of cooking over real wood and charcoal over gas or pellets but it does produce more pollution than you realize.   You see how many bags those charcoal vendors deliver every day all around BKK

NYC has restrictions on BBQ smoke houses and restaurant exhaust.   

Yes they should do smog tests on buses and trucks.  Yes they should stop crop burning.   Everyone thinks the smoke they produce goes somewhere else. 

You do see what this elitist are doing right?

Demonize the little people and ignore those injecting millions of metric tons of CO2 into the atmosphere via private jets.

My proposal?  All government officials must fly economy class.  Ban private airplanes completely.  Don't look at the primary CO2 pollutors.  Focus on Somchai the Moo-chin seller.  Little people Bad.  They'll kill us all

• Like 1