Thai man kills girlfriend in jealousy and refusal to convert to Islam

webfact

people shouldn't be surprised. Their holy book instructs them to do all manner of violent things and filthy disgusting things also. One only has to read the Qur'an and associated Hadiths to know this. The term religion of peace is a ruse.

8 minutes ago, teelac5 said:

One only has to read the Qur'an and associated Hadiths to know this. The term religion of peace is a ruse.

IF Islam truly were a religion of peace, it would not be necessary to remind everyone with such frequency. 

That said, I have many muslim colleagues and friends, and when I hear of some of the atrocities committed in the name of Islam I comment that 'your book does not teach you this, this is not Islam' and they agree....   the Qur'an is open to interpretation and that gives fuel to the violent fundamentalists seeking to rule their Caliphate. 

IMO - history has proven that no religion is one of peace, war and violence has surrounded religion since the beginnings of faith based belief systems... Or is it simply that mankind is violent and religion proves justification for those more easily brainwashed. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I don't want to sound intolerant nor bigoted, but why on earth would anyone want to convert to Islam? It appears to me like the most joyless faith on the planet. No singing, no dancing, no sex, no fun, no games, just prayer five times a day, hundreds of rules and prohibitions and a lot of crazy extremists dictating how you should live your life. 

You make it sound like Islam is a religion to suit masochists.  Could that explain why it also seems to attract sadists?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, wealthychef said:

And likely mental illness.  

All religion is mental illness.

If a person hears voices or talks with someone who isn't there, and that 'other' is not an Officially Accepted Deity, the person is given therapy or drugs to combat the mental illness.

OTOH, if a person hears voices or has conversation with someone who isn't there, but the 'other' is one of the Officially Accepted Deities, then that person is pious and spiritual.

Edited by Walker88
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am sure that it would not happen, but, if it did and an angel messenger of the heavens did return to earth, I wonder what and who he would side with plus who would be removed. Allowing men of the world to believe they have the right to decide what is right and what is wrong, must be the biggest mistake ever, perhaps he /she has washed his hands of the whole sorrowful affair. The world will one day wipe itself of mankind if they continue to play the religion card and allow men to continue to tell others what to do. Religion in all its forms has done no country or group any good. 

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Muslims settles feuds with blood for blood and honour killings, Muslim warriors have been knows to be cruel and mean and most blood thirsty of all armies in history, so maybe Islam is a religion of peace but not those who practice Islam...

Thailand has not always a peaceful country, but is nowadays.

This isn't about islam it's about a deranged man who couldn't accept rejection and murdered the woman who rejected him. He then took the cowards way it and committed suicide. The purported reason for his behaviour is irrelevant ot her men do exactly the same.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, proton said:

No, in this case it's Islam and it's intolerant, oppressive, women hating, gay hating and unbeliever hating book. It needs no interpretation, in fact that is not allowed as it's seen as word perfect and the direct word of God. In the killers mind he was just being a good muslim.

Or an orthodox Jew, or a fundamentalist Christian.

• Agree 1