I have enough to help him

40 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

+1.

More importantly is that reading the OP ....there no hint that the overstay chap is asking about getting out of Thailand.

Especially given been on overstay 11 years. 

He rather has milked the OP for what he feels possible.

My favorite saying comes to mind...

"A problem shared is a problem doubled" 

OP, leave the guy alone. 

I think some of these older guys seem to latch onto whomever is available. In many cases out of necessity 🤷🏻‍♂️.

When you offer minimal assistance it feels like you are abandoning them if bigger issue arise if you just drop them. The question is what do you do if there is nobody else around to help out and they are going downhill?

The easy answer is to contact family or send them "home",  but that's not always realistic.

Edited by JimTripper

47 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Probably the best thing to do as Thailand doesn't need any foreigners who are lawbreakers and don't stay here legally. 11 years overstay, geez....

Immigration don't follow their own rules, eg. TM30 reporting, so why should foreigners not follow the example they set?

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

No.

No.

No.

So can you advice best option for chap with expired pp and 11 year overstay to exit Thailand.

Please don't type turn up at airport .. pay 20k and jump onto flight. 

BTW direct flight and the OP did not state pp country of overstay guy.

12 hours ago, impulse said:

The big issue is whether the guy has to travel to his embassy, exposing himself to the risk of getting caught. Plus the expenses involved and trying to find a hotel without travel documents upon check- in.

I'd suggest that he is just as much risk of being caught at home as travelling anywhere. "Concerned citizens" dobbing him in, or a random visit to the "foreigner" in the village, town, condo or moo ban, could happen just as easily. I would be sure to obtain a travel document (new passport) immediately if needed, and then either stay and take the risk of deportation (being sure to have cash funds for fine and flight) or depart immediately (having cash funds for fine and fllght). The only downside at this stage of being caught in country is the trip to the IDC. He just needs the someone to help him out with fine and flight payment/logistics if he gets carted off to the IDC.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Puppa said:

helping him anytime he asked and i can, but after one year (oh help) he is still here

You got to stop helping people who won't help themselves. 

This is why we have so many homeless, beggers etc. We, you and me, it's good people like yourself, myself that keep helping these people. 

We make it too easy for them. 

Why help yourself if you get handouts. 

These go fund me websites encourage this selfish behavior 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Puppa said:

Simple story: guy in Surin with a huge overstay (11 years), helping him anytime he asked and i can, but after one year (oh help) he is still here and, apparently, doing nothing to try (even if is impossible) to sort out his problem or even try to back his country. I wrote here cause the only help he will get from me. from now, will be any possible solution to sort it out, or fly away; he knows about the ban, what he needs to fly out in terms of funds and paperwork? Any possibility he will detained at immigration in Bangkok airport?

He got probably his own plans and doesn't follow yours.

One day for sure he's to leave the country. However, let him enjoy as long it takes.☺️

• Like 1

He obviously is not going to leave, whatever help Anybody gives him. As for traveling without a PP those saying he can depending on the airline, well try contacting any of those airlines and ask them, but you'll be wasting your time, as he won't go anyway. 

21 hours ago, Puppa said:

Simple story: guy in Surin with a huge overstay (11 years), helping him anytime he asked and i can, but after one year (oh help) he is still here and, apparently, doing nothing to try (even if is impossible) to sort out his problem or even try to back his country. I wrote here cause the only help he will get from me. from now, will be any possible solution to sort it out, or fly away; he knows about the ban, what he needs to fly out in terms of funds and paperwork? Any possibility he will detained at immigration in Bangkok airport?

Presumably he has renewed his Passport at least once in that period?

6 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Not the case necessarily about .1) 

Have we established the Nationality of this scrounger?

You certainly cannot fly back to the US on an expired passport any longer. 
There was always an issue of transiting certain countries on expired documents and there are no non-stop flight to the US anyway.

It’s not 1975 anymore where even babies have their own passport even if the guy had money he needs some valid travel document to get on an international flight. 

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article1861?language=en_US#:~:text=Return of U.S.-,Citizens to the United States,apply for a U.S. passport.

Excellent link. Thank you for some factual information.

On 12/26/2023 at 10:45 AM, Puppa said:

He will get stopped by immigration. Certainly detained, it’s 11 years . I hope at least he has a passport or emergency passport. The OP can’t help any more, people getting deported after a few months on overstay are on the news daily. 

45 minutes ago, thaibreaker said:

The last part, that is what the embassy is for. They will assist you in a matter of days, or up to a couple of weeks, to visit you and get you in contact with someone, or even with the immigration's own booker of flights, if you have the funds for that. You'll get that when you are there.

Been there, done that, a long time ago 

Btw, the fine at the IDC court for this guy, will be approximately 6.000 baht, if his passport has expired (3000 if it's not). Plus his ticket back to his home country.

The 20k baht fine is waived for all at IDC.

Followed a similar story in Philippines overstay less than 2 years… the guys health was degrading and fortunately someone helped him with contacting he Embassy to organize him getting back to UK. A temporary passport issued.. flight arranged. He had to agree to the terms which meant at check in at immigration met him artAirport he had surrender his passport and unable to obtain a new passport until all fees paid by UK for flight, immigration fine for overstay etc. are repaid. The arrangement took a couple of months.The guy was very lucky in this case…. 

• Thumbs Up 1