Trump, awaiting ruling, says presidents must have 'complete and total' immunity

stats

It is called the Unitary executive theory .

Bill Barr (DT's AG) was ok with this coming to pass, but he seemed to get cold feet on it in the face of the 1/6 insurrection. 

There were hints that Dick Cheney made some moves on it when he was VP.  Not much made it into the media at the time: I wonder why :whistling:  (you might recall Dick making an f-bomb retort to a senator who dared to comment on it).  IMO if not for W's pedigree and his family's US gov't connections he would have managed to get Bush Jr out of his way, one way or another.

When Obama got elected there would be an occasional remark that it was to VP Biden's credit that he did not act upon the "new powers" of the VP brought in during his predecessor's time.  I don't expect to hear details about this my lifetime, it probably won't come out until his children have passed on.

• Haha 2

It is a little strange his minions haven't jumped in on this topic.

I still can't stand either most likely nominee for 2024. I just dislike the Dem a little bit less. Damned tired of having to hold my nose when voting in presidential elections.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

Biden is still in office so cannot be jailed.

Do you understand what this thread is about? According to Trump, Biden as President can't be jailed for anything he does in office even after he leaves office. Unless he's impeached by the House and convicted by the Senate on whatever charges are preferred against him. Only then can he be prosecuted and only for criminal acts corresponding to those charges. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I was hoping to hear from one of Trump's cult followers.  It would be impressive if one of them could defend Trump's "absolute immunity" claim without sounding like a total ignoramus. 

The problem is it kind of guts their dismissal of the characterization of Trump as a wannabe dictator.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I was hoping to hear from one of Trump's cult followers.  It would be impressive if one of them could defend Trump's "absolute immunity" claim without sounding like a total ignoramus. 

Not me, I would not defend any thing Trump has done except question the 2020 election count. Just as I questioned the 2000 election that was taken from Gore. I would very very much prefer DeSantis - (1) Who like Trump I assume is going  to take action on this disaster/invasion at the border. If necessary declare the national emergency it is and order the Army Corps of Engineers to build a  WAll from the Pacific to the Gulf.And I assume would start mass roundups of all the overstayers and those who entered illegally. (2) Send the military into these liberal SAPS run cities to restore law and order.  (search for mass looting in the US.) (3) Stop sending Billions down this Ukraine rat hole. For infrastructure in the USA.  DeSantis/Trump are the only two inclined to do the above. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1