Why are we suddenly allowed to publicly criticize Jews?

2 minutes ago, Stocky said:

It isn't (or at least shouldn't be) "criticize Jews", the criticism is of the Israeli government and its actions in Gaza.  It's worth remembering that not all Jews are Israelis, neither are all Israelis Jews.

It's important to read comments on them topics, and get a handle on what's actually posted.

Some of this, some of that.

Blanket comments are great, aren't they?

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Not exactly sure what you mean, my response was to the OP's question, not to any of "them topics".

You can apply that to comments wherever, protests, signs and whatnot.

Saying it's just about Israeli government policy, or Israel's actions in Gaza is not accurate.

I took his post as referencing this forum, what with mentioning three active topics.

• Confused 4
  • Agree 1

Most people are not very good. The human race is largely disappointing. Just watch the average human for 48 hours. Ask someone to name 5 wars in the Israel area last 2000 years without google.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Felton Jarvis said:

anti-semitism and race-baiting never seem to go out of style.

Yes. I am reminded of Poland in 1945-46, when there were only a few thousand Jews left where there had been over 3 million before 1939.

So the Poles (under new Communist leadership) held antisemitic riots and pogroms over 2 years, proving that - so to speak - you don't need Jews to be antisemitic.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Not so long ago you were not allowed to criticize them privately and suddenly mass media itself are pushing against them? 

I never noticed because I don't follow the news.

But Noam Chomsky had a book called "Manufacturing Consent". ie the media manipulates people toward certain ends.

So maybe it's a conspiracy.

Or rather, maybe a pro-spiracy, a positive conspiracy.

Maybe the ultimate goal is a settlement that finally puts an end to war in that region for once and for all. 

I am guessing this is the last war ever in that region. 

That's my guess. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

I think that you have highlighted one of the reasons why people dislike Jews. If you can answer your own question you are probably Jewish and you will go on reminding us of the atrocities committed against your people until the end of time. Most of us had family members or friends who suffered during the World wars, but after a period of mourning we move on, but you can't. Of course we don't know the names of the wars in question. we don't want to, isn't it enough to be forever reminded of the holocaust?

Yes people are sick of it but if Israel had they own state without terrorists trying to kill them we could all move on. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, delgarcon said:

Of course we don't know the names of the wars in question. we don't want to, isn't it enough to be forever reminded of the holocaust?

Once again , a poster brings up the subject of the Holocaust and at the same time asks others to stop going on about it . 

It was YOU who, mentioned the Holocaust, no one else did .

(BTW , the Holocaust did nt happen in the Middle East/Israel area, iy happened in Europe)

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Criticizing Jews  ... not allowed.  That must be a location dependent thing.   Don't know where y'all from, but in USA, we have 'Freedom of Expression'.

We get to criticize anyone, everyone, any where, any how.  We want to hang a swastika on our front door, we can.  Want give German salute, and sieg heil, we can do that to.   Deny the holocaust, not a problem.

Won't get arrested, won't get fined, won't go to jail.   I couldn't live in UK, or the EU.  Not that I would do any of those things, but if wanted to or did want to be an A-hole, it would be my right :cheesy:

That goes with any race, sex, religion.  Voltaire and others get credit for this little diddly, but I agree 100% image.png.8ad4b9938fcc0d048edb4db16ac1d05d.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Criticizing Jews  ... not allowed.  That must be a location dependent thing.   Don't know where y'all from, but in USA, we have 'Freedom of Expression'.

We get to criticize anyone, everyone, any where, any how.  We want to hang a swastika on our front door, we can.  Want give German salute, and sieg heil, we can do that to.   Deny the holocaust, not a problem.

Won't get arrested, won't get fined, won't go to jail.   I couldn't live in UK, or the EU.  Not that I would do any of those things, but if wanted to or did want to be an A-hole, it would be my right :cheesy:

That goes with any race, sex, religion.  Voltaire and others get credit for this little diddly, but I agree 100% image.png.8ad4b9938fcc0d048edb4db16ac1d05d.png

Yes, you can give a Nazis salute and shout Heil Hitler and you can put a Swastika on your front door on the USA . 

BUT, on these forums, you need to stay on topic and what you do in the USA doesn't interest many of us 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, you can give a Nazis salute and shout Heil Hitler and you can put a Swastika on your front door on the USA . 

BUT, on these forums, you need to stay on topic and what you do in the USA doesn't interest many of us 

And here I thought the topic was about criticizing Jews now, and people's ability to exercise some freedom of expression, which apparently in some locations, they weren't comfortable doing.

I just continued the discussion, adding the legality of it in some countries.  Expand your mind and the discussion sometimes, and it might explain the lack of criticism in the past.

Maybe one of us should reread the OP and I'm pretty sure it's not me.

Hey, but thanks for your contribution to the discussion, always appreciated :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And here I thought the topic was about criticizing Jews now, and people's ability to exercise some freedom of expression, which apparently in some locations, they weren't comfortable doing.

I just continued the discussion, adding the legality of it in some countries.  Expand your mind and the discussion sometimes, and it might explain the lack of criticism in the past.

Maybe one of us should reread the OP and I'm pretty sure it's not me.

Hey, but thanks for your contribution to the discussion, always appreciated :coffee1:

How is having a Swastika on your front door in the USA connected to criticising Jews ?

Why is it that when Jews are mentioned, the subject often gets turned to the Holocaust ?

Why do Americans' keep going on about the USA all the time ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Criticizing Jews = not ok.

Criticizing the Israeli government and leaders = ok.

Criticizing any organised religion = ok.

Except ...the Greens/Left wing/Antifa  DON'T criticism the Muslim religion !

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2