Opinion: The Case Against Israel Rests on Lies

Social Media

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

By that, I mean the Israeli people are starting to protest against the Netanyahu government.

If your figure of 500,000 protesters is correct that's about 5% of the total population of Israel (including Arabs) turning out for a protest. Perhaps it might be time for Natanyahu to do the honorable thing and call an election?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

You should read up on who started this conflict 100 years ago.... Zionists and the British are to blame.

I am not interested in what happened 100 years ago, look what happened via Germany and Japan 80 years ago, is it relevant now, of course it's not.......🙄................:coffee1:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Okay, how about this one? There are many online to choose from... 
Israeli police clash with captives families in anti-Netanyahu protests | Al Mayadeen English

This was about the majority of Palestinians supporting the atrocities of the Hamas Oct 7th attack and then starting to protest against Hamas after they see the realities of the destruction and all you've got to come back with is some of the hostage families protesting against Netanyahu. 

Israelis overwhelmingly are confident in the justice of the Gaza war, even as world sentiment sours

https://apnews.com/article/israel-gaza-hamas-palestinians-war-mood-0cebcbcf0550ee08c0d757334f69851d

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

This was about the majority of Palestinians supporting the atrocities of the Hamas Oct 7th attack, and all you've got to come back with is some of the hostage families protesting against Netanyahu. 

Israelis overwhelmingly are confident in the justice of the Gaza war, even as world sentiment sours

https://apnews.com/article/israel-gaza-hamas-palestinians-war-mood-0cebcbcf0550ee08c0d757334f69851d

"Israelis overwhelmingly are confident in the justice of the Gaza war..." Well, I'm not; at least, I'm not confident in the justice of how it's being conducted, and that's what's important to me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

If your figure of 500,000 protesters is correct that's about 5% of the total population of Israel (including Arabs) turning out for a protest. Perhaps it might be time for Natanyahu to do the honorable thing and call an election?

The only figure I could see on the internet was a few thousand, infact much less than last year, so it maybe safe to say that the figure of 500,000 may have been grossly exaggerated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

"Israelis overwhelmingly are confident in the justice of the Gaza war..." Well, I'm not; at least, I'm not confident in the justice of how it's being conducted, and that's what's important to me.

Who cares about you? This is not about you or me.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Who cares about you? This is not about you or me.

I care about me and what I think. I also care about what you and others think and post on this and other Forums. I don't always agree with what you post (and for you, that's almost always), but I do care about it. I learn a lot from these posts. Some posts inform me, and some just disappoint me. 

• Love It 2

33 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I was not quoting you, I was asking you a question. Which you presumably don't want to answer.

You are doing it again. Giving my answer before I get the chance to read it.

You don't need me at all.

Simply post what YOU think I will say without me reading it.

I am busy and I will get around to ANN when I am ready.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

I care about me and what I think. I also care about what you and others think and post on this and other Forums. I don't always agree with what you post (and for you, that's almost always), but I do care about it. I learn a lot from these posts. Some posts inform me, and some just disappoint me. 

More deflection

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Okay, how about this one? There are many online to choose from... 
Israeli police clash with captives families in anti-Netanyahu protests | Al Mayadeen English

This is a report from Al-Jazeera from a few days ago about the protests in Israel .

The Israeli Left wing have always opposed Netanyahu and have always protested against his Government and there were protestors there  waving Israeli flags and calling for the hostages to be returned .

For some reason Al-Jazeera  wrote "Gaza genocide" as a caption to the video , some unintelligent people might then think that the protests were about the Gaza war

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MangoKorat said:

And you don't think that killing 30,000 people, many of them women and children is terrorism?  You don't think telling them to move to Khan Younis then bombing it is terrorism?  Now they say they are going to attack Raffa - god knows what will happen there.

And also, its not the UK, its the UK government - a government which by the way, knows the vast majority of its people want a full ceasefire and an end to the killing in Gaza.

Would probably be the same with the opposition government, unless Corbyn was at the helm..........😋

7 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Some posts inform me, and some just disappoint me. 

Most posts on AN disappoint me.  However, just as I'm about to do now, you need to switch off and realise that this forum, like many others, consists of a lot of people who have very strange views. Views that you will, thankfully find, that are out of kilter with the views of people you speak to in real life.

Online is the only place where they (think) they are listened to.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Would probably be the same with the opposition government, unless Corbyn was at the helm..........😋

How very true.  God knows which way to vote in the forthcoming election - I probably won't.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

And you don't think that killing 30,000 people, many of them women and children is terrorism?  You don't think telling them to move to Khan Younis then bombing it is terrorism?  Now they say they are going to attack Raffa - god knows what will happen there.

And also, its not the UK, its the UK government - a government which by the way, knows the vast majority of its people want a full ceasefire and an end to the killing in Gaza.

You have a link to "most people want a full ceasefire"?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MangoKorat said:

It isn't terrorism no, unfortunately civilians  do get killed in war, that happens in all wars .

Oct 7 th was terrorism, the attack on Gaza is seeking those responsible for the terrorism .

British people can want anything they want  , but would the British Government act in accordance to what the Israeli public think ?

If many Israelis held the opinion that the Falklands are Argentina , would the UK Government hand over the Island ?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Wobblybob said:

Thought not, most people are sick of these hate marches that are allowed every week than a war at the other side of the world.

I said no because I'm sick of you quote junkies, you can quite easily find the information yourself.  I discuss politics quite a lot and with a variety of people I am fully aware of what the British public think.

But as you insist, and there are many:

https://yougov.co.uk/politics/articles/48675-british-attitudes-to-the-israel-gaza-conflict-february-2024-update

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/24/2024 at 2:51 PM, mikebike said:

Their LEADERS expected exactly what they got. An overreaction from Israel causing tons of media exposure, recruiting, and fundraising opportunities.

Civilians on both sides are fodder.

Yeah, rinse n repeat.  Up to them.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Thought not, most people are sick of these hate marches that are allowed every week than a war at the other side of the world.

Have a link for that?

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

You have a link to "most people are sick of these hate marches that are allowed every week than a war at the other side of the world."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Most posts on AN disappoint me.  However, just as I'm about to do now, you need to switch off and realise that this forum, like many others, consists of a lot of people who have very strange views. Views that you will, thankfully find, that are out of kilter with the views of people you speak to in real life.

Online is the only place where they (think) they are listened to.

Everybody wants a ceasefire, the only people who do not are Hamas. They refused the last ceasefire deal for hostage/poisoner exchange and the world is now waiting for them to say yes to the latest.

Do you really expect a full ceasefire with Hamas still holding hostages. Never going to happen and against what all international bodies say about the hostage release including ICJ and the Security Council