Opinion: The Case Against Israel Rests on Lies

Social Media

3 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I said no because I'm sick of you quote junkies, you can quite easily find the information yourself.  I discuss politics quite a lot and with a variety of people I am fully aware of what the British public think.

But as you insist, and there are many:

https://yougov.co.uk/politics/articles/48675-british-attitudes-to-the-israel-gaza-conflict-february-2024-update

But your link states that most people do not think a peace deal is possible, which most of us are saying. Hamas won't stop their carnage, they hate Israelis too much.🥴

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Wobblybob said:

But your link states that most people do not think a peace deal is possible, which most of us are saying. Hamas won't stop their carnage, they hate Israelis too much.🥴

So what - most people want a ceasefire - that's what I said.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

"Israelis overwhelmingly are confident in the justice of the Gaza war..." Well, I'm not; at least, I'm not confident in the justice of how it's being conducted, and that's what's important to me.

It's obvious that you have integrity, unlike some I can think of. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

By those disgusting creatures I guess you mean all the women and children who were killed?

If a Palestinian militant shot your son for throwing stones would you want revenge?

Last year, 2022, was the deadliest year for Palestinian children in the West Bank in 15 years, and 2023 is on track to meet or exceed 2022 levels. Israeli forces had killed at least 34 Palestinian children in the West Bank as of August 22. Human Rights Watch investigated four fatal shootings of Palestinian children by Israeli forces between November 2022 and March 2023.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/08/28/west-bank-spike-israeli-killings-palestinian-children

So sad. Yet there are trolls here saying Oct 7 event started the war. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MangoKorat said:

So what - most people want a ceasefire - that's what I said.

What's to point of a ceasefire if Hamas makes more attacks which it already has promised to do? Why do you think the US veto's the latest resolution? Do you know anyone that says peace can happen while Hamas remains as gov in Gaza?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Do you have a link?

They refused the last one look it up, you really want a link? They have promised to repeat Oct 7th again and again, you want a link to that to?

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Oh well then, I apologise - its fine to kill thousands of people instead of allowing them to evacuate.

Its also fine to deny them medical aid, food and water?

Is it fine for Israel to refuse permission for a dying 6 year old girl, who could have been saved, to leave the country with doctors visiting from abroad?

I think you will find that a great many of Israel's actions will be regarded as war crimes when this is over, just as those of Hamas will. 

Israel did ask the civilians to leave the war zone , Israel gave them a safe passage and instructions on how to leave and Hamas stopped them from leaving .

Israel isn't obliged to give the Palestinians anything , Israel doesn't have to give Palestinians any aid at all .

Why wasn't the girl transferred into Egypt ? They are Palestinians allie and Israel is their enemy .

Israel has just been investigated for war crimes by the ICJ and no charges were upheld against Israel  .

Hamas HAVE and are currently committing war crimes , no need to even considered whether that have or not 

Edited by Nick Carter icp
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You are doing it again. Giving my answer before I get the chance to read it.

You don't need me at all.

Simply post what YOU think I will say without me reading it.

I am busy and I will get around to ANN when I am ready.

IIRC you describe yourself as reclining in a seat of perpetual indulgence, which is somewhat at odds with your statement you are busy.

Let me know when you are ready to cease deflecting.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Where is your proof that Israel has given any safe passage?

Under International Law, I think you will find that Israel is obliged to provide civillains with basic sustenance and medical facilities and that not doing so is a law crime.

You will find that it isn't a war crime , Countries are not obliged to help the other side in a war .

Stopping civilians receiving aid from third parties is a war crime , but not supplying them yourself isn't  war crime 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/14/2024 at 5:39 AM, Social Media said:

Opinion Source

Following above link it reveals:

By Isaac Herzog
Mr. Herzog is president of Israel.

Nobody expects from the president of Israel a balanced or truthful article.

It's propaganda for Israel. Not more, not less. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Under International Law, I think you will find that Israel is obliged to provide civillains with basic sustenance and medical facilities and that not doing so is a law crime.

Your real feelings are clear now - I doubt that a dying 6 year old girl thinks about who is or is not her enemy.

Just about all your claims in support of Israel's actions in Gaza conflict with the testimony of many non Palestinian and non Muslim doctors and other aid workers that have been in Gaza recently.

The ICJ does not investigate war crimes, that is done by the ICC and their investigations into the actions of both sides are far from complete.

Prior to any of this the people of Israel were subjected to rocket attacks, bus and disco bombings commited by Palestinians opposed to Israel's occupation, the blockade, the theft of land and their general treatment at the hands of the Israeli's.  The current situation will end at some point so tell me, how many recruits will Hamas have gained out of what's been going on?  How many kids, who's entire families have been wiped out when Israel bomb entire apartment blocks to hit just one occupied by a Hamas suspect, will become the 'terrorists' of the future?

Israel wants an end to this but what they are creating is a situation where literally thousands of 'future terrorists' are being created - rather than an end, the situation is simply being perpetuated.

Even now at the height of the conflict, Israel is planning more new 'settlements' - further antagonising and de-stabilising the entire region.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/israel-west-bank-settlement-homes-palestinian-shooting-attack-smotrich-netanyahu/

All here along with locations, dates and dates for aid convoys, corridors tactical pauses etc etc

https://govextra.gov.il/cogat/humanitarian-efforts/home/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Your real feelings are clear now - I doubt that a dying 6 year old girl thinks about who is or is not her enemy.

Why would Palestinian parents want to send their injured child to the apartheid war criminal baby eating murdering genocide committing hospital bombing Israelis ? 🙂 

Surely that would be the last place that they would want to send their child 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Complete rubbish. After years oif the holocaust, Germans are very contrite and are now among Israel's best friends. Same goes for Japan. The problem occurs when the extreme right wing gain control of a country.

Yitzhak Rabin signed a peace treaty with the Palestinians, how did that work out for him?

You are contradicting yourself. You write about right wing, so there is a left wing, center, left center, right center and so on.

there you go, groups and what they do ? Fight for being the biggest and there for more power and indoctrination.

German friends with Israel? Again a group. Israel's friends group. 

Wouldnt it be nice if the whole middle east would be "friends"? Yha, but will never happen. Humans, groups, fighting.

And if we woudnt have religion in first place, it already would have saved us a lot of problems 

You call it rubbish, I call it a fact.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Why would Palestinian parents want to send their injured child to the apartheid war criminal baby eating murdering genocide committing hospital bombing Israelis ? 🙂 

Surely that would be the last place that they would want to send their child 

The doctors were hoping to take the girl to Saudi Arabia.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

You are contradicting yourself. You write about right wing, so there is a left wing, center, left center, right center and so on.

there you go, groups and what they do ? Fight for being the biggest and there for more power and indoctrination.

German friends with Israel? Again a group. Israel's friends group. 

Wouldnt it be nice if the whole middle east would be "friends"? Yha, but will never happen. Humans, groups, fighting.

And if we woudnt have religion in first place, it already would have saved us a lot of problems 

You call it rubbish, I call it a fact.

I agree with your point about religion and it not happening. I think it's beyond contention that both Hitler and Netanyahu represent the extreme right wing in their respective countries. As did Emperor Hirohito in Japan.

and no, I am not making a comparison between Hitler and Netanyahu beyond that point.

Similar to European nations like Italy and Germany, nationalism and aggressive expansionism began to rise to prominence in Japan after World War I.

• In 1932, a group of right-wing Army and Navy officers succeeded in assassinating the Prime Minister Inukai Tsuyoshi.
  • The plot fell short of staging a complete coup d’état, but it effectively ended rule by political parties in Japan and consolidated the power of the military elite under the dictatorship of Emperor Hirohito.

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/suny-hccc-worldhistory2/chapter/fascism-in-japan/

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You will find that it isn't a war crime , Countries are not obliged to help the other side in a war .

Stopping civilians receiving aid from third parties is a war crime , but not supplying them yourself isn't  war crime 

I don't agree but I've spent far too much time on AN today.  I will try and find the truthful answer later. You might want to check out your answer against the rules for an Occupying Force which Israel is.

However, in the meantime, are you suggesting that Israel has not been stopping aid?

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Thumbs Up 2

The doctors were hoping to take the girl to Saudi Arabia.

Why does it turn to children all the time ?

10 000 Hamas terrorists have been killed and you keep going on about one child . 

The child could have gone from Egypt to Saudi  Arabia  , just a boat across the Red sea

No reason to go into Israel and complicate the issue of going from Israel To Saudi Arabia , where there is no border crossing points 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MangoKorat said:

I don't agree but I've spent far too much time on AN today.  I will try and find the truthful answer later.

However, in the meantime, are you suggesting that Israel has not been stopping aid?

Others have made that claim here. I agree that it is untruthful to say that countries are not required to protect civilians in war including not preventing the flow of water, food and humanitarian assistance to the enemy's civilian population.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I don't agree but I've spent far too much time on AN today.  I will try and find the truthful answer later. You might want to check out your answer against the rules for an Occupying Force which Israel is.

Israel wasn't the occupying force , there were no Israelis in Gaza and Israel can control its own border with Gaza and allow what it wants through .

Gaza has another border with Egypt , so Egypt were also occupying , if Israel was 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The child could have gone from Egypt to Saudi  Arabia 

Israel would not allow her to leave.

You know very well that I am not refering to one child - you are saying that because you are being pushed into a corner that you can't defend.

The story of one child is simply an example - you know that very well.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Haven't you been following this story ?

Israel dropped leaflets on the area , sent civilians text messages and publicly announced the areas that were about to be bombed  , all asking civilians to leave the area 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1