Thai Airways’ turbulence at Suvarnabhumi: Transport minister threatens contract termination

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

“Shape up or face premature termination of contracts, particularly Thai Airways, which still has a staggering 12 years left on its tenure.”

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Suriya stressed the imperative for THAI to meet service standards within its contractual timeframe.

12 years to shape up ???

5 hours ago, webfact said:

series of complaints about subpar ground services at Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

Maybe indirectly Thai Airways lost its focus on passenger service with its non-core businesses such as restaurants and catering business. 

• Thai Airways Launches Cabin-Like Cafe Selling Flight Meals - by Khaosod English - September 2, 2020

It's not just Thai airways, it's thai mentality....  I was in a shop yesterday,  I'm looking at items and how much and the wife watching on ...  then she says'   I have to help my husband .. who was unloading and carrying new stock into the shop,

I can't stay and watch you ... so she ushers me out the door.   

I mumbled ' up to you '  as I walked out.   Arrogant all over ....   

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The few times I have flown with them, it has been disappointing. They are now a marginal airline. Baggage retrieval can be very slow. Service can be surly. 

No thanks. Will stick with a real airline, that has pride in what they are doing, like EVA, where I get great service. 

yes ,  I won't fly TG ever again ....  now Singapore or Malaysian,  but Singapore is by far one of the best around.

As for Air Asia ... I'm reluctant to ever jump on their jets following their scrupulous ways trying not to refund following Covid cancellations.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

It's not just Thai airways, it's thai mentality....  I was in a shop yesterday,  I'm looking at items and how much and the wife watching on ...  then she says'   I have to help my husband .. who was unloading and carrying new stock into the shop,

I can't stay and watch you ... so she ushers me out the door.   

I mumbled ' up to you '  as I walked out.   Arrogant all over ....   

Obviously up to no good.  😀

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Did you know:

https://ir.thaiairways.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/20231110-thai-mdna-3q2023-EN.pdf

• THAI recently received the TTG Travel Hall of Fame and Best Inflight Service Awards at the 32nd TTG Travel Awards 2023 Ceremony. The prestigious awards were voted by readers of TTG Travel Trade Publishing’s print and online publications such as TTG Asia, TTG China, TTG India, TTG MICE, TTG associations, TTG-BT MICE China, TTG associations, and TTG Asia Luxury, for THAI’s excellence in travel trade industry. THAI was honored the TTG TravelHall of Fame after winning the Best Southeast Asian Airline Award at the TTG Travel Award for 10 consecutive years.

???

TTG votes for/ gives awards based on who offers their staff the best perks, jollys or freebees ! 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am going against the grain because I fly Thai Air from Bangkok -  Heathrow quite often and I have no complaints . Also their flight from Heathrow to Bangkok gives the choice of arriving early morning at 06 00 am which gives me time for other flight connections from Don Mueang . Thai Air food and drinks are generally good . The disembarking at  Suvarnabhumi is not too far to walk to the immigration as opposed to other airlines where the walk is often 10 - 15 minutes . BTW , I only fly economy . More often than not the Thai Air flights are mostly full of passengers , so they cannot be that bad . Also cheaper than Eva who I use to use and IMO are also a decent  airline . I avoid the luggage carousels because I travel light and can be out of the Suvarnibhumi in 30 minutes after landing ( over 70 immigration booth )

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, superal said:

I am going against the grain because I fly Thai Air from Bangkok -  Heathrow quite often and I have no complaints . Also their flight from Heathrow to Bangkok gives the choice of arriving early morning at 06 00 am which gives me time for other flight connections from Don Mueang . Thai Air food and drinks are generally good . The disembarking at  Suvarnabhumi is not too far to walk to the immigration as opposed to other airlines where the walk is often 10 - 15 minutes . BTW , I only fly economy . More often than not the Thai Air flights are mostly full of passengers , so they cannot be that bad . Also cheaper than Eva who I use to use and IMO are also a decent  airline . I avoid the luggage carousels because I travel light and can be out of the Suvarnibhumi in 30 minutes after landing ( over 70 immigration booth )

I also fly thai but from Zurich flight is OK as is food I'm not too fussy.

I have checked in bag but last twice it took approximately 45 minutes to pass immigration so after 10 minutes walk + 45 bag was waiting. 

In saying that passport control at schipol.zurich or lhr is no better than bkk only locals or fast track make it quicker if you arrive @ a busy time