Unruly British man goes berserk on Bangkok-London flight (video)

webfact

On 2/16/2024 at 12:30 PM, G_Money said:

Another Brit.  Why am I not surprised.

At least he had the sense to leave Thailand after he blew all his money, unlike others.

Won’t see him begging on the sidewalk for awhile.

5th floor?  or higher?

On 2/16/2024 at 4:50 AM, spidermike007 said:

It is likely the Brits do not fool around with idiots like this guy, and will lock him up. Good result.

Correct, its taken very seriosly and will almost certainly result in jail time.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, JimTripper said:

It's a lavatory, not a toilet.

Which language do you speak?  Airlines use the International Language - British English.  How many aircraft have you seen where the signs state 'Lavatory'.  I think you will find they say 'Toilet'.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

I thought you told us you were, if not, sorry about that, but you can still give us Brits your money......:clap2:

Nah, you have to learn how to behave first. Money must earned.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, itsari said:

In the UK lavotory is synonymous with toilet.

Upper class Brits call it the lavatory.  Lower class Brits and Americans call it the toilet.  And if you are old-fashioned and pedantic, it's called the WC (water closet).  Chavs call it the bog.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

Upper class Brits call it the lavatory.  Lower class Brits and Americans call it the toilet.  And if you are old-fashioned and pedantic, it's called the WC (water closet).  Chavs call it the bog.

Some americans still call it the can, and also the john. Most people in the Usa won't call it the toilet, usually restroom or men's room or ladies room, more rarely the washroom.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Some americans still call it the can, and also the john. Most people in the Usa won't call it the toilet, usually restroom or men's room or ladies room, more rarely the washroom.

True.  I forgot you have to ask for the "restroom" when you mean the toilet.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 4:12 AM, John Drake said:

Before being allowed to board any commercial aircraft, all would be passengers should be required to submit a registered IQ identification card. No boarding for anyone with less than a 100 IQ. That will stop just about 95 percent of these type incidents.

So you equate low IQ with propensity towards violence?   By your criteria,  you could be a very violent person?

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2024 at 11:12 AM, John Drake said:

Before being allowed to board any commercial aircraft, all would be passengers should be required to submit a registered IQ identification card. No boarding for anyone with less than a 100 IQ. That will stop just about 95 percent of these type incidents.

Average IQ around the world is 82, would certainly make it easier for seat selection !

18 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

Why was The flight not turned back, and this guy offloaded in Thailand since he did assault a Thai citizen, would’ve been better for Thailand to handle this

As I said earlier...

21 hours ago, NanLaew said:

let me see here... a thai plane headed to britain with a stroppy brit and maybe 170 other passengers who want to go to london and don't want to go back to bangkok

there ya go. sorted

Let the BRITS sort out the BRITS and have maybe 170 OTHER PASSENGERS travel WITHOUT DISRUPTION

Not shouting, just stating the bleeding obvious.

21 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Fully agree. Normally all airlines state that safety is their number one priority, which makes sense. Having this guy in an enclosed space for 11 hours, not knowing what he was going to do next must have made all the cabin crew nervous.

As this was a long haul flight the aircraft would have had a full loads of fuel, which would have needed dumping before returning to Bangkok, which would be very expensive, but they , Thai Airlines, could have given the Brit the bill!

I have a vague recollection of some tale of a guy on a flight losing it and ending up hog tied in a bathroom, another handcuffed to a seat. We had a drunk Vinnie Jones making problems once too. All we can do is have the werewithall to handle such flakes on the flight. Usually male passengers will get up and help subdue someone, As a passenger I am not sure which I would prefer, to land wherever or continue on. Probably the former. 

7 hours ago, IslandLover said:

This is a Thai Airways plane so naturally it's a hong nam.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Which language do you speak?  Airlines use the International Language - British English.  How many aircraft have you seen where the signs state 'Lavatory'.  I think you will find they say 'Toilet'.

I've seen both. Some airlines have a sign saying "lavatory", others "toilet".