Judge orders Trump and companies to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

Social Media

8 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Putin is of course going to say that. He needs Trump to win badly so his buddies in the MAGA cult retain control of the House and can always go on vacation instead of having to defend not giving weapons to Ukraine. Trump's biggest US public perception liability is his attachment to Putin. That alone is likely to cost him the election. The statement was a ply by Putin to attempt to transfer some his own stench to Biden and distance himself from Trump. If the Republicans lose control of the house then he really needs Trump to veto any allocation of money for Ukraine. Putin is as cunning as an outhouse rat.

But back on topic. I had not read anything on here about how Trump can't raise the money from any NY registered banks. That would be all the major banks inj the world including Deutsche Bank. He needs to get the money from either a Russian oligarch or MBS in exchange for Mar a Lago as collateral since he doesn't have a mortgage on it  Mar a Lago is valued by Trump at 4 times the most expensive private residence in the USA.

Doesn't Mar a Lago have a condition that it cannot be used as a private residence, but must function as a club. Admittedly a condition which Trump flouts openly!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here's the law that got Trump. As it has for others in the past.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/16/nyregion/trump-fraud-trial-ny-law.html

Still, her ability to extract further punishments based on those other violations is also a product of 63(12), which grants the attorney general the right to pursue those who engage in “repeated fraudulent or illegal acts.”  In other fraud cases, authorities must persuade a judge or jury that someone was in fact defrauded.

But 63(12) required Ms. James only to show that conduct was deceptive or created “an atmosphere conducive to fraud.” Past cases suggest that the word “fraud” itself is effectively a synonym for dishonest conduct, the attorney general argued in her lawsuit.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

My only argument to this is the few 45 sycophants who are still in my circle of friends (only to keep piece in my immediate family!) are not stupid. They are successful in their lives' endeavors, successful in business and real estate, and ABSOLUTE BIGOTS! The things they say I cannot post anywhere on a social media platform. When I visit the states and am required to make appearances at their homes, I make the trips as short and as infrequent as possible. They ALWAYS have Faux Noise playing in the background. Sad.

Yes, I get that at the very least, a major character flaw is required to be a trumper. There is one poster here, who shall go nameless, who referred to Blacks as "chocolates" in a post about a friend of E Jean Carroll.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

she is by far the best researched and authoritative source on mainstream media.

Laughable !

Edited by stats
off topic diversion comment removed
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

If you are intending to conduct a discussion on Trumps financial travails, let alone how he intends to conduct affairs if he is re-elected, it is probably a good idea to read and listen to Maddow. Whilst you may choose to disagree with her conclusions, and yes you may not agree with her personal political views, she is by far the best researched and authoritative source on mainstream media. You certainly will need to be able to counter the ideas her written and broadcast work throws up.

hahahahaahhaahhah, thats is hilarious.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Trump’s finances hit by New York fraud case ruling: ‘I can imagine the Saudis lending him $300 million’
BYBERNARD CONDON AND THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
February 17, 2024 at 11:12 PM GMT+7

The impact on funding for future businesses could be crushing, though. Without access to banks, he may be forced to use cash to finance new ventures, something that real estate moguls are loath to do and that won’t be easy given his cash payments.

Still, only banks appear banned in the ruling, leaving Trump free to borrow from fast-growing alternative financiers, the private equity and hedge funds that make up the so-called shadow banking world.

“I could imagine a load of private equity funds with very little prospects sitting on a bunch of dry powder saying, ’Hey, we’ll lend you $300 million,’” Columbia law school professor Eric Talley said, adding, “I can imagine the Saudis lending him $300 million.”

https://fortune.com/2024/02/17/trump-finances-new-york-fraud-case-ruling/

Oh I don’t know I suspect Mr Putin would be happy to spot him the funds trump is by far and away his (Putin’s) best performing asset 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Tug said:

Oh I don’t know I suspect Mr Putin would be happy to spot him the funds trump is by far and away his (Putin’s) best performing asset 

Whatever might be Putin's great wealth, he doesn't have the liquidity of MBS and the Saudis who could just write a $300 million check, no questions asked.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1