Shamima Begum: East London schoolgirl loses appeal against removal of UK citizenship

Social Media

So a 15-year-old's stupid decision & its on'n on consequences are to be held against her forever?

On that basis there's barely a 20-year-old anywhere in the whole world who deserves to be alive.

• Like 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 5

5 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Did she marry a Dutch terrorist (that's what ISIS is), what's happened to him, did the Netherlands accept him back?

In Syria, held in prison by the Kurds.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Social Media said:

Legal Representation:
- Begum was represented by Samantha Knights KC, who argued that the government had failed to consider its legal duties to a potential victim of trafficking.

Very well, she could have been "a  potential victim of trafficking". Using the same argument, she could have been a potential Terrorist. So much for potentiality and its use to create sympathy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cory1848 said:

While I totally encourage young people to travel off the beaten track, to experiment with different lifestyles, to “feel their oats” (if that’s the right expression), joining a terrorist gang and having their babies is probably stretching it. John Walker Lindh, the “American Taliban,” comes to mind -- I think he spent nearly 20 years in a US jail and was recently released.

That said, I agree with you: I think that the UK should demonstrate why its culture is superior to that of ISIS (or religious extremism of any stripe) by showing mercy to this woman.

I think the expression is "sow their wild oats"?

I'm not so sure producing babies was entirely her choice!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jippytum said:

Good. I hope this killer terrorist rots in the hell hole she chose over the UK. 

I doubt that she has killed any more people than you have, hiding anonymously behind your keyboard.

Granted what she did was the height of stupidity but at 15 with a home background and a future like she would have faced it, may have been just a lark to begin with.

What 15 year old nowadays or even then know what they want yo do for the next 50 or 60 years of their lives.

Having said that I still wouldn't want her back in the UK.

• Agree 2