7-Eleven in Thailand Reports Record Income of 399 Billion Baht in 2023

webfact

The 711 stores here are amazing how they work so darn well....the staff are great and know everything. 

Japan has been mentioned as having better stores....and they are good....200ml of beautiful Japanese whiskey always available! 

• Thumbs Up 2

I've been surprised this last year or so to find the local 7-eleven selling certain beers cheaper than any other shop in Pattaya, including Makro. I've no idea how they do that as you're supposed to pay a premium for the convenience of buying stuff locally, but I'm quite happy to just go 200 yards down the road rather than all the way to Makro or Friendship.

• Like 1

They certainly are an asset of convenience and priced to attract the customers. Quite the contrary in Australia. I don’t suppose the franchisees see a whole lot of this. 399 billion baht is a lot of money in anyone’s language. 

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

If the average bill is 83 baht, there must be a great many whose bill is less than that!  What do people buy for less than 83 baht & was the journey really necessary?

Obviously the "journey" was necessary otherwise it wouldn't have been undertaken but what "journey" does it take to get to a 7-11?

I'd guess that the average person could, very comfortably, stroll down to a 7-11 without breaking a sweat, never mind "making a journey" of it.

1.5-2 million franchise per store, supply all the goods , no choice of another supplier, no choice of selling price

owner pays franchise, rent of store, electricity, employees salary and social benefits, insurance, ...

how much is left for the owner ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, john donson said:

1.5-2 million franchise per store, supply all the goods , no choice of another supplier, no choice of selling price

owner pays franchise, rent of store, electricity, employees salary and social benefits, insurance, ...

how much is left for the owner ?

Obviously, more than enough, otherwise there be no demand for franchises!

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I wish 7-11 here had more fast food like in America, like hotdogs, nachos, pizza and donuts. yeah it's junk food but it's still nice to get every so often and while on the road.

Eh? 7-Elevens are full of that kind of junk! Hotdogs, pizza slices, burgers, all sorts of ready meals, some do donuts and even fresh croissants.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

The ubiquitous 7-11's in Thailand are great but the 7-11's in Japan are way better.....

They are better in Japan, but I don't think the Thai ones are far behind - they keep adding more fresh food and more range all the time. You can even buy ribeye steaks (199 baht) - I bought one once for the novelty and it wasn't bad, but I do prefer to pay more for better quality steaks.

7-Elevens in the rest of SE Asia are dreadful: Vietnam, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia are dirty, tiny, and have nothing of interest. The Thai ones are clean, well run, bright, well stocked., and have excellent service.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikebell said:

If the average bill is 83 baht, there must be a great many whose bill is less than that!  What do people buy for less than 83 baht & was the journey really necessary?

M15 10b. 

My local 7/11 had the monopoly in our village for so long and the most expensive one I have ever come across their beer is 5b more, their cigs are 6b more, now Mini C has opened next door, I hardly ever use the 7/11, and now I hear a Lotus is going to open. 

• Like 1

I'm happy to be a major supporter of the local franchises, when O&A (out & about).  PTT Parks being the best shopping malls in TH :cheesy:

Especially handy when we're way off the beaten track, and have to hit the last one to stock up, before going any further.  Thankfully they're almost everywhere, and usually a vendor or 3 nearby.

1 hour ago, mberbae said:

What will those profits be AFTER PTT has replaced ALL of the 7/11's with their

own Jiffy Stores.

Say what .... say it ain't so.  Jiffy better up their game, as not much of a fan.   The new Bangchaks are much larger than before, and hopefully be some good competition for PTT.

That might explain the differences in Lay's over the last year.

Originally 50 gm packet for 20 baht

then 42 gm for 20 baht

then 42 gm for 22 baht

now 48 gm for 20 baht

Must have realised a 16% reduction in volume plus a 10% price increase was making too much profit.

• Like 1