Foreign Man Throws Glass At A Thai Woman In A Dog Cafe

webfact

8 hours ago, bbko said:

The perpetrator, a 60-year-old British citizen, confessed that he actually committed the crime. As for the cause, that was because he took anti-inflammatory drugs. Relieve toothache Make your consciousness not be with your body. Therefore, he lost consciousness and could not remember the events of that day.

So his excuse for rude behavior and assault is because he took some anti-inflammatory med??

Hey this means that @stoner  @bobsmith and others can just say that they were stoned and missed it LOL

Bottom line people seem to think that before they take action using their hands maybe they should use their feet.

29 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

The facts are she was stroking a dog, when this loser throw a glass.

You seem to be victim shaming, was he a friend of yours? Or maybe!! 

No I am not shaming him.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its for those people who like dogs but live lifestyles that aren't conducive to dog ownership, or live in small apartments and the owners aren't selfish enough to also squeeze a dog in there, but they like dogs, so get to play with some at a dog-cafe. 

They have 'cat-cafe's to etc (the idea originates from Japan where there are lots of pet cafe's).

These are also cleaner animals (had all the jabs and delouced etc) - so they are also good for kids to play with.

Why a grumpy old man would be a dog cafe is somewhat beyond me. 

Thank you, Richard.  I understand the concept now.  As this is Thailand where Thais see nothing wrong with serving/cooking food under the supervision of a couple of house dogs, I myself would not be as confident of the animals' hygiene as you seem.  Many street dogs have Thai owners who do all the right thing regarding Vet care but see nothing wrong with kicking their pets onto the streets to mix with un-jabbed hordes.

• Confused 1

There's an outside food place I know, it's one of those places where you can go and pet the 🐀, lovely little fellows, can even hand feed them as well.🙂

4 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Thank you, Richard.  I understand the concept now.  As this is Thailand where Thais see nothing wrong with serving/cooking food under the supervision of a couple of house dogs, I myself would not be as confident of the animals' hygiene as you seem.  Many street dogs have Thai owners who do all the right thing regarding Vet care but see nothing wrong with kicking their pets onto the streets to mix with un-jabbed hordes.

I wont go to these places, not to eat anyway....     But my Wife has taken my son to a couple of different 'petting cafes' when he was younger.  Not for the food, but to play for a set period of time to play with the cats, dogs... in one case I think it was a wombat....  

Some of these are 'petting cafes' where the animals are already there and the customers come to play with the animals. 

Others may just be 'dog friendly cafes' where its open knowledge that customers can take their dogs there. 

I wonder if this story involves the latter... and the 'Foreign man' went to the cafe with no idea that it was a cafe which welcomes pets and then became irritated and acted as he did.

That point is somewhat moot anyway - throwing a glass at anyone for any reason is unacceptable behavior. 

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Throwing a glass at someone is both a civil and criminal offense. Potential jail time almost a certainty, and she could have gotten more out of him if she had gone to court. Between potential civil and criminal penalties, including having your visa revoked and hiring an attorney, the guy got off practically scot free having to pay only 18K.  

Great so why are people still talking. Geezer lost his temper and she was cheap enough to ask for only 18k compensation. Everyone goes home happy. Saves her to go to court dressed like that.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

So when would it be suitable, if it had hit her in the face, if he had smashed her over the head, if he thrown more than 1 glass.

None of that happened. He apologised to her and that should have been the end of it. Doesn't mean the guy wasn't a short-tempered idiot who'd had too much to drink, but to get the police involved? Did it really need escalating? I have my opinion and you have yours, if that's okay with you. But you have conjured up all kinds of things that didn't happen. A split second mistake for which he apologised.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

None of that happened. He apologised to her and that should have been the end of it. Doesn't mean the guy wasn't a short-tempered idiot who'd had too much to drink, but to get the police involved? Did it really need escalating? I have my opinion and you have yours, if that's okay with you. But you have conjured up all kinds of things that didn't happen. A plit second mistake for which he apologised.

So you did not answer my questions, was his aim so good he only meant to hit her arm, or was he just lucky it did not hit her in the face. That is called critical thinking.

Yes it did need escalating, what will this idiot do next time? This coward is also lucky someone else in the cafe did not give him the pounding he deserved.

I have seen in the past what you think about your opinions, and when someone questions you, you seem to report..

As I have said already, many here are trying to defend the indefensible, maybe their see own real character in this loser.

Bye and have a good evening.

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

I have seen in the past you think only your opinion matters, and when someone questions you, you run off and report the posts. As I have said already, many here are trying to defend the indefensible, maybe their see own real character in this loser.

I might have done that once or twice in over 14,000 posts. As you are such an astute observer of my posts, and I thank you for your interest, perhaps you can show me where you think such reports, if they exist, were unjustified. And where I've said only my opinion matters.

As I said, you have your opinion and I have mine. If it upsets you that they are not the same as yours I really don't care. You are trying to judge my character without knowing anything about me. I believe in calming a situation in which no serious damage was done, and you would make a huge issue of it, call the police over a minor incident which could see the perpetrator in court with a criminal record. Okay. I disagree.

You do seem to like inflating a situation, first what if this, that and the other happened, which it didn't, and then demanding police action over something the perpetrator apologised for. That might to some suggest you are a troublemaker rather than a peacemaker.

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I might have done that once or twice in over 14,000 posts. As you are such an astute observer of my posts, and I thank you for your interest, perhaps you can show me where you think such reports, if they exist, were unjustified. And where I've said only my opinion matters.

As I said, you have your opinion and I have mine. If it upsets you that they are not the same as yours I really don't care. You are trying to judge my character without knowing anything about me. I believe in calming a situation in which no serious damage was done, and you would make a huge issue of it, call the police over a minor incident which could see the perpetrator in court with a criminal record. Okay. I disagree.

You do seem to like inflating a situation, first what if this, that and the other happened, which it didn't, and then demanding police action over something the perpetrator apologised for. That might to some suggest you are a troublemaker rather than a peacemaker.

To be fair... 

If I were in a restaurant / Cafe and someone threw a glass at me, yes, I call the police and press charges.

What is the alternative, go and kick the living daylights out of the offending party and risk facing charges myself ?... no of course not.

So.. deescalate ? how do we deescalate with someone who has already crossed a line ?...

I'm not sympathetic towards the sort of person who'd throw a glass at someone in any situation, it could be one of us with a member of our family and the glass hits one of our children etc... 

Thus, I'd sooner see anyone who resorts to such behavior removed from society...  

When a line such as this is crossed, a more calculated Machiavellian response is not uncalled for IMO - I certainly wouldn't be in any frame of mind to forgive.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not sympathetic towards the sort of person who'd throw a glass at someone in any situation, it could be one of us with a member of our family and the glass hits one of our children etc... 

But that isn't what happened, is it. That is a whole different level, injuring a child. You are not the first to suggest he should be arrested because of what might have happened, but didn't. What might have happened is entirely irrelevant. He realised his error due to a misunderstanding of whose dog was annoying him, and apologised.

Is he a short-tempered idiot? Of course. Should he have been in a place that welcomes dogs if they annoy him? No. Does a flash of temper mean he should be arrested? Not in my opinion. If he had continued his aggressive behaviour then yes, but he didn't. Storm in a teacup which the victim, and many commenting here, are ready to blow up into a major incident that demands police action, arrest and an appearance in court and possibly a criminal record.

My opinion, and I accept there are those who disagree, is that his apology should have been enough, perhaps together with a financial consideration as that is the custom here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

But that isn't what happened, is it. That is a whole different level, injuring a child. You are not the first to suggest he should be arrested because of what might have happened, but didn't. What might have happened is entirely irrelevant. He realised his error due to a misunderstanding of whose dog was annoying him, and apologised.

What happened is, he got annoyed at dogs barking and threw his glass at the woman. 

The outcome is irrelevant IMO - the actions of 'throwing a glass at a stranger in a public cafe'  has already crossed a line. 

The apology means nothing - its empty and he only apologised to avoid further trouble. 

Is he a short-tempered idiot? Of course. Should he have been in a place that welcomes dogs if they annoy him? No. Does a flash of temper mean he should be arrested? Not in my opinion.

Yes, 100% he should be arrested, IMO....  That 'flash of temper' is not just a 'flash of temper'.... 

... A flash of temper is something that happens in a our minds, to all of us on a regular basis...  This guy 'acted on his flash of temper'....  

If he had continued his aggressive behaviour then yes, but he didn't. Storm in a teacup which the victim, and many commenting here, are ready to blow up into a major incident that demands police action, arrest and an appearance in court and possibly a criminal record.

Only one reason I'd have the police involved... thats very simple - to make sure our paths do not cross again so that if I am in the same situation again with my family I don't have to worry that the same nutcase is there ready to throw a glass when something annoys him. 

Nope.. get him out of the way - send him home.

I'm not usually of the 'hangem high crowd' - but in this case I don't see any redeeming features of someone so ready to explode over something so innocuous. 

My opinion, and I accept there are those who disagree, is that his apology should have been enough, perhaps together with a financial consideration as that is the custom here.

Props to you are a kinder and more forgiving person than I - I'd have ensured more definitive and exacting response. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Once again you fail to answer my question. Please tell us when it is acceptable to call the police? Where would the glass have to strike someone to be serious.?

This fool lost his temper and throw a glass. He had no concern with what happened or where it struck her,  he wants to cause her damage and injury. 

It was not a minor incident, it was a careless attempt to do someone harm, by a complete moron. 

Do you think he was a practised glass thrower, so there was no real danger to her girl?

My opinion is based on a realistic assessment of the real potential of what happened, on what is acceptable in society, with morals, good behaviour and people who are not triggered by a dog barking in a dog cafe.

I don’t really have to say much more, @richard_smith237 has expressed a response to your opinions, far better than I could.

I don’t need to judge anyone’s character, their words and actions speak for themself.

Edited by Georgealbert

Not falling into repitition, but what is wrong with the "BRITS" lately?

Brit throw a glass at a Thai woman;
British national detained at Phuket airport;
British man arrested for LSD selling;
British compared to Nazi Germany;
Etc..

Is this a fallout of the exit from the EU?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Etc..

And what about the Brit who kicked the Doctor in her back while she stat on the steps of his rented house ????

....  He's not British you say ?...  Oh...  go back far enough and there may be some 'British' ties you can dig your teeth into... 

6 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Nope... nothing to do with that... But a lot of Brits here in Thailand... and then the Media is very 'Brit-centric' simply because of it being in English... so anything about Brits is more readily picked up by the Bots digging through social media and media sites from which a lot of the news is extracted.

So... the above... and the developing reality that a lot of Brit's are clearly d!<k#eads....  and this is becoming more and more difficult to dispute even when some 'Brit-bashers' are so obviously buried in bias !!! 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Etc..

I think something has fallen out of your head, Oh look, it's a bit of brain.😁

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm not condoning his behaviour, but calling the police because someone throws a glass at you is a bit over the top. Was it only because he was a foreigner, I wonder?

showed his arm and said, "You hurt me," but the other person replied simply, "I don't care."

Then the friend who came with this foreigner said: He is a person who doesn't like dogs

Meanwhile, employees in the store have already reported the matter to the police.

https://www.khaosod.co.th/around-thailand/news_8121766

Its quiet normal for a shop owner to call the police when a crime has been committed on their premises

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

But some eary climate is developing. Take the global picture: visa, tax, and all these little Farang incidents being blown out of proportion in the median, must be orchestrated somehow...

I think you may be onto something 

• Confused 3

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Also possible, or simply hung over from prior indulgences.

Yapping dogs can be very irritating ... should be banned!

The simple answer is don't go into a café that allows dogs.

Common sense 101 and not rocket science.

• Agree 2