British man quits England for Thailand’s tropical tranquility

16 hours ago, JackGats said:

"Bought a one-way ticket to Thailand"?

What other parts in this story are bogus?

Yeah flying to Thailand on a one way ticket is is a thing and I have done it many times.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The blokes a dick always slagging of the Uk in his videos, he will want to live here by bumming around maybe try teaching ( could teach Thai kids to say innit and bro) he will soon become another E beggar setting up patreon on his videos so you can donate to help him sustain his bum life in Thailand 

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Before departing for Thailand, Riyan worked 30 hours a week as a receptionist at Powerleague, earning £11 per hour (500 baht).

OMG, how many times have I seen these dreamers come out here, never going home (Murphys Law, how is that Irish guy going, did he go home?).

He'll be back in the UK in a few years OR in the BKK Hilton. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Am 99% certain he will require a ticket of some sorts (plane/train/boat/camel) to arrive in Thailand.

To arrive in Thailand? My guess is you are 99% wrong! 

19 hours ago, impulse said:

I wish the guy well, but I think he's in for a rude awakening when he has to extend his stay beyond the 2 months he's already experienced.  And another when he figures out that working in Thailand legally requires a little more than hanging a shingle and counting the till.   At his age, I'm not sure there's an option other than employment (WP) or Elite.   And I suspect it'll get even harder to fly under the radar once the Revenue Department starts tracking incoming money for tax purposes in 2024.

On a related topic, did any of the "shared space" businesses ever gel where they "hire" foreigners who make their money online, keeping them legal with a WP, remitting the required taxes, etc?  They seemed to be a thing before Covid, but I lost track of the trend when I was a Covid refugee and quit paying attention.

Nothing new about about the Revenue Department tracking incoming money. However, Riyan Ruparilia will need to find a good job here in order to survive. Not easy. I hope he's well qualified.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thonburi-tales said:

Thats a Brit?

Sounds like UK didnt want him not the other way round.

Failed in England try Thailand instead.

Imagine the situation if all those immigrants start leaving London and come to Thailand on British passports. Millions of "Londoners" have British passport but I seriously doubt Thailand wants THOSE Brits to come on 30 day visas. Is it just me or are Thai's  pretty racist against Arabs? I think so.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, proton said:

Which Irish guy

Pattaya, Murphys Law bar, was in LK Metro then he moved the bar to Khao Noi. 

Years ago he was on the radio etc, saying..... 'never going home'. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1