Mr. President, the border crisis is not on us, it’s on you

Social Media

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Challenge the validity of the OHS chart and I promise to do " a bit more research".

Or better, just stop babbling.

Yes you should stop your babbling bs and I did challenge it and you. Google will be your best friend now cos you and I have nothing more to discuss.good bye

• Like 1

GOP ran on border issues in 2020 and lost the election. Will aroused their anti-immigration MAGA base but history shows that it has never help them electorally. It will turn off independent voters, suburban women, Latinos and younger multicultural voters. 

Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller have been driving this strategy since 2016. It has long lose its edge in general election. Biden has defended the border issues well and he had the bipartisan immigration bill to silence and counter Trump. Focusing on the border will again caused Trump the election.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sherwood said:

Trump supporters don't lie, they are just as mad as he is. 

FFS

I don't think they all believe what they claim. A part of them is dumb enough. ex. those who send Trump money, buy NFTs, parade with MAGA caps,etc.. Knowing that 46% of Republicans used to believe the pizzagate conspiracy theory, I guess they represent at least 50% of Republicans.

Others are like GOP politicians.They perfectly know that Trump is lying, but they don't care as long as they feel it can be politically effective.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

Off topic deflection posts, troll posts and the replies have been removed.  Please remember this topic is about:

Mr. President, the border crisis is not on us, it’s on you

Posts commenting on moderation have been removed:

13. You will not publicly comment on moderation in an open forum. You will not comment on actions taken by individual moderators or on specific or general policies and issues. You will not post a negative emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. You may send a private message to a moderator to discuss individual actions or you can email support (at) aseannow.com to discuss moderation policy and account suspensions. Aggression or abuse against moderators is not tolerated and any such action will be sanctioned. There is no excuse for abuse.

Edited by metisdead

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

You mean mad at Congressional Republicans who refuse to do anything about the election. 

I think things in USA are a lot like everywhere, nobody really gives a flying .... because we can't do much anyway.

The general public has no say and no power to change the direction of the world. We are all just part of the global factory.

Never mind. A.I will save us all. 55

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Dolf said:

Biden a disaster for border control. Girl gets murdered by illegal then Biden gets her name wrong.

Is it any wonder Trump is winning the polls?

I believe the Republican response to tragic and unnecessary killings is ‘thoughts and prayer’ followed by blocking any legislation aimed at reducing the root cause.

Which is exactly what Republicans are doing at the border, refusing to back Bi-partisan legislation because the fat guy doesn’t like it.

So give up with camping on the deaths of innocent, you’re full of it.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I believe the Republican response to tragic and unnecessary killings is ‘thoughts and prayer’ followed by blocking any legislation aimed at reducing the route cause.

Deflection

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, sherwood said:

I think things in USA are a lot like everywhere, nobody really gives a flying .... because we can't do much anyway.

The general public has no say and no power to change the direction of the world. We are all just part of the global factory.

Never mind. A.I will save us all. 55

My personal experience is that your statement does not correspond to reality. Worse, it reinforces inaction.

This election, a large number of people will work like dogs to consign Trump to the trash heap of history.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

My personal experience is that your statement does not correspond to reality. Worse, it reinforces inaction.

This election, a large number of people will work like dogs to consign Trump to the trash heap of history.

Certainly large numbers of women will play a part.

And I don’t think Liz’ Cheney is quite yet done with Trump.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Well I do hope you are right.

I just call it as I see it.

Cheers 

Republicans doing what they do best....😆

Katie Britt used decades-old example of rapes in Mexico as Republican attack on Biden border policy

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republican-senator-used-decades-old-223010728.html

The victim has previously spoken publicly about the abuse happening in her home country of Mexico from 2004 to 2008 — not in the United States during the Biden administration. Yet, Britt used the account to chastise Biden's action on the border.

“We wouldn’t be OK with this happening in a third-world country. This is the United States of America, and it’s past time we start acting like it," Britt said in the Thursday night speech televised from her home in Alabama. “President Biden’s border crisis is a disgrace." 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Roo Island said:

There is never a clean bill. This one had lots of pork for the politicians to crow about back home.

That's correct... if joe and the democrapts really wanted to do something they could lead the way and make history by submitting a clean bill... it was the republicans who finally took a stance and said NO to the pork bellied bill joe and his cabal wanted so badly.

9 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

That's correct... if joe and the democrapts really wanted to do something they could lead the way and make history by submitting a clean bill... it was the republicans who finally took a stance and said NO to the pork bellied bill joe and his cabal wanted so badly.

Explain what was unacceptable about a comprehensive bill that covered, the border, Ukraine and Israel? Oh, that's right, Ukraine. Traitor Trump says so the sheeple follow. Disgusting.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Explain what was unacceptable about a comprehensive bill that covered, the border, Ukraine and Israel? Oh, that's right, Ukraine. Traitor Trump says so the sheeple follow. Disgusting.

It is time to stop with the "pork" bills... If you want to fund the border beyond the $25 BILLION that you are already wasting on an out of control border... then fund that project.

If you want to send military aid to ISRAEL and the UKRAINE then fund those projects as well.

Reuters Graphics

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

It is time to stop with the "pork" bills... If you want to fund the border beyond the $25 BILLION that you are already wasting on an out of control border... then fund that project.

If you want to send military aid to ISRAEL and the UKRAINE then fund those projects as well.

That is not "pork" That is a breakdown of the expenditures. Pork is when there's a domestic beneficiary unrelated to the bill. Bills containing items for multiple purposes are not "pork".

You're just carrying water for the traitors who want Russia to win.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

That is not "pork" That is a breakdown of the expenditures. Pork is when there's a domestic beneficiary unrelated to the bill. Bills containing items for multiple purposes are not "pork".

I see 

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I am talking about the $7= BILLION (that's correct... BILLION) missing from the allocations listed above... that's the pork in this bill.

If you would take the time to investigate before you run your mouth then you would understand more... 

PS... I am all for supporting our allies... just do it individually without the $7 BILLION "pork" bill.

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I see 

I am talking about the $7= BILLION (that's correct... BILLION) missing from the allocations listed above... that's the pork in this bill.

If you would take the time to investigate before you run your mouth then you would understand more... 

PS... I am all for supporting our allies... just do it individually without the $7 BILLION "pork" bill.

Where is the 7 going? Who will be the beneficiary?

Pork is like when you pass a defense bill and require the M1 tank to be built in a certain state to appease a holdout congressman and get his vote. This is not pork.

Edited by ozimoron

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Where is the 7 going? Who will be the beneficiary?

Pork is like when you pass a defense bill and require the M1 tank to be built in a certain state to appease a holdout congressman and get his vote. This is not pork.

Right on... where is the $7BILLION going... no one knows... it's "pork"... that joe and his cabal had hidden in the bill.

You have a very narrow view of what pork is... it is a broad term as defined below.

PORK... Pork barrel politics refers the legislative practice of slipping funding for a project into a broader budget, even when said project may have little or nothing to do with the larger bill.

23 hours ago, ozimoron said:

There is now no difference between the two parties on border control. Both would control the border. Republicans and Trump need their fear and loathing talking point. It's clear that if this issue is resolved soon then the republicans can't scream "what about the border" during the SOTU. You get the picture.

Actually, I think there's also another ulterior motive underlying this. The border controls as proposed by Biden would stem the flow of illegal immigrants needed on farms etc and big money have reacted with alarm. The bill exposes the quiet part.

This election has become a choice of wanting Putin to win or lose. It's not about the border. That's just the shadow play mask.

Perhaps the biden could apologize to the American people for his part in increasing the border crossings. The dems have to acknowledge their mistakes before they can count on the GOP to bail them out.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/01/politics/immigration-remain-in-mexico/index.html

The Biden administration formally ended the Trump-era policy of returning asylum seekers to Mexico until their court dates in the United States, according to a memo issued by Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

Take note it's CNN

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Right on... where is the $7BILLION going... no one knows... it's "pork"... that joe and his cabal had hidden in the bill.

You have a very narrow view of what pork is... it is a broad term as defined below.

PORK... Pork barrel politics refers the legislative practice of slipping funding for a project into a broader budget, even when said project may have little or nothing to do with the larger bill.

It's not pork until you can prove it's pork. The fact is that the 7 billion is going to one of the items on the list. That they ask for more money than the sum of the specific allocations is immaterial and not proof of pork. If there was pork the provision that made it pork would be in the bill. Pork is ALWAYS specified in the bill.

• Sad 1

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

Perhaps the biden could apologize to the American people for his part in increasing the border crossings. The dems have to acknowledge their mistakes before they can count on the GOP to bail them out.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/01/politics/immigration-remain-in-mexico/index.html

The Biden administration formally ended the Trump-era policy of returning asylum seekers to Mexico until their court dates in the United States, according to a memo issued by Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

Damn Biden for having a booming economy with plenty of jobs which attract illegal migrants.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Damn Biden for having a booming economy with plenty of jobs which attract illegal migrants.

I see you're unable to stick to the topic. Typical biden administration apologist deflection reply.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1