Do you believe that Israel will use nuclear weapons to "defend itself" in the Middle East?

connda

Do you believe that Israel will use nuclear weapons to "defend itself" in the Middle East?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even if BiBi decides to nuke Iran he won't be able to launch it - I mean send a bomber to Iranian airspace would be "mission impossible". Cruise missiles? Also questionable. 

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

No. They don't have a death wish.

The future: An enduring impasse or more of the same, but different.

The mid-east conflict won't impact "the entire world and humanity".

I will remain in Thailand until the same private and personal reasons that I hold now cause me to leave.

An escalation of mid east conflict directly involving  Iran would greatly impact on the entire world economically. Humanitarian  not so much because the major players don't care  already.

Suez traffic would probably cease because the Straits of Hormuz as a bottle neck would be death trap for trade vessels.

Even current risk aversion is having an impact. Oil trade?

Nuclear armaments are suicidal retaliatory weapons at best and worst.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe they will use them.

Or maybe any other power with nuclear weapons will use their weapons.

That's the whole idea. Don't let the others think you will never use those weapons.

The Americans did and saved a lot of lives!

But the Israel /Iran is not the same and nuclear action will simply just kill a lot more people.

So  many years of wars and escalation as a race we have literally learned nothing.

If there is a guiding force of any kind it would be tempted to nuke the lot of us!

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Thailand said:

The Americans did and saved a lot of lives!

But the Israel /Iran is not the same and nuclear action will simply just kill a lot more people.

So  many years of wars and escalation as a race we have literally learned nothing.

If there is a guiding force of any kind it would be tempted to nuke the lot of us!

One big problem is that people who make such decision may not act rationally.

I saw recently below interview. It is scary how a nuclear war could happen, maybe by accident.

2 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Even if BiBi decides to nuke Iran he won't be able to launch it - I mean send a bomber to Iranian airspace would be "mission impossible". Cruise missiles? Also questionable. 

Fyi - Israel has subs that are nuclear capable.  🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

No, it would be better if they stopped their vile, theocracy-driven hatred of their neighbours. It would be better if they treated their own people with honesty and civility. The Persians are cultured and civilised, with a proud history that's being eroded and erased by the madness of their mullahs in their clamor to wrest the title of the protector of Islam from their Saudi neighbours.

But you did not answer my post.

If Israel is allowed to attack other countries consulates, then it must equally be OK for other countries to attack, murder people and destroy Israeli consulates and embassies and murder the people in them.

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

If Israel is allowed to attack other countries consulates, then it must equally be OK for other countries to attack, murder people and destroy Israeli consulates and embassies and murder the people in them.

They did not attack an Embassy or a Consulate, that is you spreading disinformation, they attacked a target next to the Embassy which liquidated 5 terrorists which in most peoples books would be a result. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, connda said:

It is widely accepted that Israel has nuclear weapons and the delivery systems to send them to their targets.  According to The Center For Arms Control and Non-Proliferation, "Israel is widely believed to possess 90 plutonium-based nuclear warheads and to have produced enough plutonium for 100-200 weapons."

Given the current Geo-political state of affairs in the Middle East, the bombing of the Iranian consulate in Damacus, Syria, and Iran's military response to the bombing, and Israel's signal that it plans to attack Iran in retaliation - do you believe that Israel will use its nuclear stockpiles to "defend" themselves against their Arab neighbors?

Please include your rationale to support your position and your vote. 
As well, if Israel does use nuclear weapons on non-nuclear Arab countries in the region, what do you believe will be the outcome and the future for the Middle East as well as the entire world and humanity - and - how will it affect your decision to remain in Thailand?

For me it's more likely that Iran will throw a nuclear bomb onto Israel. 

Maybe in the future.🙏

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

As already stated it was a military installation that was hit with Hezbollah leaders probably planning their next move of their proxy war in Gaza. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

For me it's more likely that Iran will throw a nuclear bomb onto Israel. 

Maybe in the future

It would certainly have to be in the future.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I hate wars of all mind.

The problem is others want to be in others lands eg Northern Ireland, China Myanmar etc 

Why not find a solution by other means ,eg mediation, therapy , NLP ?

Sit down together and talk this out with proper psychologistsvand counsellors !!!

As far as Earth's history is concerned we haven't long come out of cave dwelling where aggression was needed to survive. Maybe in a another 100.000 years we will not be so aggressive

CAN ISRAEL SURVIVE?

The seminal question is, does Israel think its survival is threatened? From time to time, the US has claimed it would never launch a nuclear first strike, but Israel has never made that promise.

By contrast, the US has proven itself capable of losing many wars and still survive, but Israel feels that if it loses just once, the Arabs will exterminate every Israeli, down to the last man, woman and child.

That promise was the promise the leaders of the Arab league made in 1948, promising to match the great massacres of the Mongolian hoards--except they lost. Three times.

Until the Hamas attack, Israel had the confidence it could keep the Breserkers at bay. Now, surrounded by terrorist enemies who are funded and weaponize by Iran, Israel's existence is threatened.

Historically, Israel felt that its existnce was threatened just once before, during the Yom Kipper War launched by Egypt. It is alleged that at one point in that war, Israel prepared its nuclear weapons for use.

Today, the stealthy F-35 has a bomb bay big enough to hold a nuclear weapon and still remain stealthy. Most experts think that only a nuclear weapon is powerful enough to destroy the deeply buried Iranian nuclear facility.

But once the nuclear genie is out of the bottle, it is hard to make it go back in. And how much more can the world demonize Israel if it drops more than one nuke?The world wonders. The big question is, do the Mullahs also wonder.

16 minutes ago, Bluhorizons said:

CAN ISRAEL SURVIVE?

The seminal question is, does Israel think its survival is threatened? From time to time, the US has claimed it would never launch a nuclear first strike, but Israel has never made that promise.

By contrast, the US has proven itself capable of losing many wars and still survive, but Israel feels that if it loses just once, the Arabs will exterminate every Israeli, down to the last man, woman and child.

That promise was the promise the leaders of the Arab league made in 1948, promising to match the great massacres of the Mongolian hoards--except they lost. Three times.

Until the Hamas attack, Israel had the confidence it could keep the Breserkers at bay. Now, surrounded by terrorist enemies who are funded and weaponize by Iran, Israel's existence is threatened.

Historically, Israel felt that its existnce was threatened just once before, during the Yom Kipper War launched by Egypt. It is alleged that at one point in that war, Israel prepared its nuclear weapons for use.

Today, the stealthy F-35 has a bomb bay big enough to hold a nuclear weapon and still remain stealthy. Most experts think that only a nuclear weapon is powerful enough to destroy the deeply buried Iranian nuclear facility.

But once the nuclear genie is out of the bottle, it is hard to make it go back in. And how much more can the world demonize Israel if it drops more than one nuke?The world wonders. The big question is, do the Mullahs also wonder.

Is Israels existence sustainable in the middle east? 

Thats the question, and when the west finely (if/when) will be occupied on several fronts, what then? Thats the question! 

13 minutes ago, Bluhorizons said:

CAN ISRAEL SURVIVE?

I don't buy your story.

From the

beginning Israel was built on stolen land.

And instead of finding an arrangement with their neighbours, (inside and outside) Israel was going to grab more land.

They are not Westerners but belong to Middle East. They should understand it. 

It's a fatal mistake to support that artificial state with more and more weapons and accept to grow as nuclear power.

There is no reason for me to assist Israel in any way, even Blinken and Kushner (and Trump) and others will favour that. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

I don't buy your story.

From the

beginning Israel was built on stolen land.

And instead of finding an arrangement with their neighbours, (inside and outside) Israel was going to grab more land.

They are not Westerners but belong to Middle East. They should understand it. 

It's a fatal mistake to support that artificial state with more and more weapons and accept to grow as nuclear power.

There is no reason for me to assist Israel in any way, even Blinken and Kushner (and Trump) and others will favour that. 

For now, Israel is an important strategic location for all of the allies. If we give up Ukraine and Israel, it is downhill after that

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

For now, Israel is an important strategic location for all of the allies. If we give up Ukraine and Israel, it is downhill after that

I can understand your fear.

But...how can you be sure it's going downhill?

Under pressure Israel will have to agree to a solution, not by eradication of Muslims. Maybe 2 state or even 1 state solution?

And Ukraine? In my opinion a corrupt lost state. It will be a bit smaller soon. But survive by consent of Russia. Russia is EU's neighbour and it's not wise not to talk to Putin.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

I can understand your fear.

But...how can you be sure it's going downhill?

Under pressure Israel will have to agree to a solution, not by eradication of Muslims. Maybe 2 state or even 1 state solution?

And Ukraine? In my opinion a corrupt lost state. It will be a bit smaller soon. But survive by consent of Russia. Russia is EU's neighbour and it's not wise not to talk to Putin.

First of all, Putin is not a madman, but cynical strategic, and thats more than we can say about Usa and the internal conflicts ruining Us power, and make a joke about themselves continuing with two dysfunctional president candidates. 

Ukraine, will most likely loose land, and after maybe regret they did not follow Russia instead, or not to early to say what obligations and dept Ukraine will be in after the war. 

Never think once all the support for Ukraine come without obligations and dept on op of human losses and lost infrastructure. Israel have nukes, and thats their lifestring as long they do not use it, but for how long? Surrounded with temporary friends and enemies. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I hate wars of all mind.

The problem is others want to be in others lands eg Northern Ireland, China Myanmar etc 

Why not find a solution by other means ,eg mediation, therapy , NLP ?

Sit down together and talk this out with proper psychologistsvand counsellors !!!

Northern Ireland? - read your history books, bro. History has shown that most colonialist/conquering nations have left a trail of destruction, behind them,, due to political ignorance or, just plain ego. African countries, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh to name but few examples,are prime examples of  conquering nations dividing up lands that left them disfunctional.

• Haha 1

What noone seems to have grasped is that the Arab states are - quietly & carefully - on Israel's side in any stoush with Iran. As we saw a couple of days ago as the Saudis remained silent (and regularly assist US aircraft) and the Jordanians (over 50% Palestinian population) helped shoot down Iranian drones & missiles (at some risk to the Jordanian autocracy). Iranian Shiites are much more dangerous for the Arab Sunnis than anything Israel might do.

And as to the Palestinians (a VERY mixed ethnic group), the Arab states are notorious for NOT welcoming them in to their own states. And even Egypt - similarly ethnically mixed - does not welcome them.

I have myself witnessed what the 'pure' Arabs of the Arabian peninsular think of the Palestinians. I was chairing in the mid-1990s a meeting in Canberra with Arab-state military, and Oz Foreign Affairs (DFAT) had the stupidity to send along a Palestinian Australian as their rep at the meeting. Things were going well until he entered the room and opened his mouth. Immediately the temperature dropped some 10 degrees ...

In sum, the Palestinians have no friends. The only sensible solution is NOT a 2-state one (which everyone keeps yapping on about, ignoring the impossibility of drawing appropriate lines in the sand). The sensible solution - but only possible after 50 or more years of peaceful coexistence - is a one-state solution, with all parties - Palestinian & Jewish - Christian, Muslim, Jewish & secular - treated as equal citizens in a fully-democratic state. Won't happen in my lifetime but.

Edited by mfd101
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

What noone seems to have grasped is that the Arab states are - quietly & carefully - on Israel's side in any stoush with Iran. As we saw a couple of days ago as the Saudis remained silent (and regularly assist US aircraft) and the Jordanians (over 50% Palestinian population) helped shoot down Iranian drones & missiles (at some risk to the Jordanian autocracy). Iranian Shiites are much more dangerous for the Arab Sunnis than anything Israel might do.

And as to the Palestinians (a VERY mixed ethnic group), the Arab states are notorious for NOT welcoming them in to their own states. And even Egypt - similarly ethnically mixed - does not welcome them.

I have myself witnessed what the 'pure' Arabs of the Arabian peninsular think of the Palestinians. I was chairing in the mid-1990s a meeting in Canberra of Arab-state military, and Oz Foreign Affairs (DFAT) had the stupidity to send along a Palestinian Australian as their rep at the meeting. Things were going well until he entered the room and opened his mouth. Immediately the temperature dropped some 10 degrees ...

In sum, the Palestinians have no friends. The only sensible solution is NOT a 2-state one (which everyone keeps yapping on about, ignoring the impossibility of drawing appropriate lines in the sand). The sensible solution - but only possible after 50 or more years of peaceful coexistence - is a one-state solution, with all parties - Palestinian & Jewish - Christian, Muslim, Jewish & secular - treated as equal citizens in a fully-democratic state. Won't happen in my lifetime but.

Saudi handles all internal problems with firm hand which is only possible with a strong dictatorship, so, read on why so many middle east countries was stable and running well for most citizens before the war on terror following the vacum and sponsored arabic spring

A catastrophic chain reaction

20 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Hopefully, they will if necessary. I am "Pro-Jew" and "Pro-Israel" all the way. No good thing has ever come out of Islamic countries, at least not in the past thousand years. Nuke away.  No loss to civilization.

you're Pro Israel and you want them to nuke their neighbors?  Did you take any science classes in school?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Hummin said:

First of all, Putin is not a madman, but cynical strategic, and thats more than we can say about Usa and the internal conflicts ruining Us power, and make a joke about themselves continuing with two dysfunctional president candidates. 

Ukraine, will most likely loose land, and after maybe regret they did not follow Russia instead, or not to early to say what obligations and dept Ukraine will be in after the war. 

Never think once all the support for Ukraine come without obligations and dept on op of human losses and lost infrastructure. Israel have nukes, and thats their lifestring as long they do not use it, but for how long? Surrounded with temporary friends and enemies. 

You are right. US is playing a fatal role in all those conflicts around the world since 1945. 

Who do you think will have to pay for all those weapons delivered to Israel and Ukraine? The taxpayers.

And who will have to pay to rebuild Ukraine? EU taxpayers.

And who will benefit? Russia and China. Because EU is done and US might have a convict as POTUS. 

This is why I can't agree with anybody supporting Israel and Ukraine 

3 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

You are right. US is playing a fatal role in all those conflicts around the world since 1945. 

Who do you think will have to pay for all those weapons delivered to Israel and Ukraine? The taxpayers.

And who will have to pay to rebuild Ukraine? EU taxpayers.

And who will benefit? Russia and China. Because EU is done and US might have a convict as POTUS. 

This is why I can't agree with anybody supporting Israel and Ukraine 

Israel and Ukraine have great resources in different fields. Sontheir dept will be paid, also.with bilateral deals.

Isreal I think is the 3. Greatest weapon exporter before the ladt war without looking it up.

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

So it would be OK if Iran did the same thing, specifically targeting the Israeli government and military leaders?

Wow. Read the context. As an alternative to nuking civilians - yes.