British Tourist Warned Over Criticism of Thailand Online

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

The Tourist Police in Thailand have warned a British tourist identified as Mr. Thomas, against posting videos criticising the country on social media, citing the potential harm to the nation's image and security.

The deputy inspector of Mae Hong Son Tourist Police, Pol. Lt. Col. Suwit Boonyaphen, stated that Mr. Thomas's videos were critical of Thai public and private agencies.

Mr. Thomas was tracked down at his residence in Pai district where police urged him to understand the potential consequences of his actions. He was ordered to delete all his videos hosted on YouTube and other social media platforms and was taken to the police station for recording the incident.

Mr. Thomas was informed that if he continues posting potentially harmful material about Thailand online, he could face prosecution under Thai law.

Nevertheless, a senior officer from the national Tourist Police headquarters stated the existing evidence would be forwarded to the Immigration Police for further action, implying that Mr. Thomas has already violated Thai law.

TOP Picture: Naewna

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-02

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

So at present we don't know what he was posting? 

And also, is there anything to criticise in Thailand or about Thailand?

I got my doubts🤗

11 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

So at present we don't know what he was posting? 

And also, is there anything to criticise in Thailand or about Thailand?

I got my doubts🤗

Absolutely nothing, the umpteen constitutions were just Kaizen.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ironmike said:

This is a joke right??? The other news item on this same page is about how a complete criminal is taking a walk down Bangla road after spending only 4 hours of his 9 year sentence in prison because he was so sick and this guy makes a post at its big news. 

By 4 hours in prison surly you mean 4 hours sitting in an office in a prison.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DjSilver said:

lol, more need too post these honest videos criticizing Thailand, with all the racists, scammers and other <deleted>.

Or maybe they should just leave Thailand, if they don't like it here?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

I just told you the channel name - scroll up a little, he's deleted most of his videos.

Yes, and now he promise to be a good boy and make up for his mistakes in the text related to his new and more positive videos.

So, all good. Another Brit has learned to come to Thailand and respect the country and it´s way of behaving as well as dealing with things. If a person can´t do that, then they have no place in Thailand.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

Did you just damage the nation there?

Careful as you go there......

Having said that, I  know this youtube channel - it's named 'Esoteric Entrepreneur' and the guy is a bit of a nut 🤣

He's started posting videos again, if they boot out this idiot then we had better all get ready to lick boots for the rest of our lives or risk his inevitable fate - I reckon he will almost certainly get kicked out.

Thanks, I just looked it up and he has a very apologetic video on his frontpage.

It seems he realized what he has to do to keep on staying here.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

Tell them to sod off ,, small dicks cant handle criticism

It's the law in Thailand. Live by it or go home.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh my goodness dahlings. What does one expect?  He is so obviously working class, just listen to the poor chap. He doesn't understand how to behave, like wot we does innit?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1