Live stream captures fatal pickup truck accident

2012-63.jpg

A fatal car accident in Thailand was unexpectedly broadcasted live when a pickup driver was livestreaming his journey on April 30. The driver's identity has not yet been disclosed. He lost control of his vehicle when a tire suddenly burst, resulting in his death at the crash site. The man was not wearing a seatbelt at the time.

Footage from the livestream revealed that he was singing and appeared drowsy moments before the accident. His unsuccessful struggle to regain control was caught on camera, displaying the collision with a roadside, his items getting scattered, and the eventual stop of the vehicle at a lamppost.

The authorities were alerted to the crash by a friend who had been watching the live video. Despite this, they couldn't save the driver. The online video was widely shared, with many expressing mourns for him and his family, while others used the incident to emphasize the importance of safety in driving.

Remembering a near-death experience, one user noted they had survived a similar incident due to wearing a seatbelt. Despite a recent law enforcement in Thailand that orders seatbelt use for all vehicle occupants, with a fine of up to 2,000 baht for non-compliance, a lot of locals opt to ignore it.

In September last year, another crash underscored the importance of seatbelts and child car seats. In this case, a truck collided with a sedan, and a nine-month-old baby was ejected out of the car's windshield as there was no child car seat. Fortunately, the baby survived the incident.

Twitter/ @RedSkullxxx / Photo courtesy of The Thaiger

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-02

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Appeared to me that he wasn't paying proper attention to the road, hit something and lost control. RIP.

5 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He lost control of his vehicle when a tire suddenly burst,

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

I was going by the video where it appeared that he hit something in the road. "The tyre suddenly burst" statement is impossible to verify. More likely, the deflated rear tyre was part of the wreck. I've driven about 2 million miles in my driving career. Never had a tyre "suddenly burst". Especially these days with modern tyre construction. When seeing a truck with a burst tyre, they are normally shredded. The tyres on the truck are not shredded. 

Correct 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

looks  like the typical 1  second attention span I notice regularly here. Wonder what pressure the tyres were at? as looks  like an overloaded type delivery pick up  with the stainless  steel accoutrements.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I was going by the video where it appeared that he hit something in the road. "The tyre suddenly burst" statement is impossible to verify. More likely, the deflated rear tyre was part of the wreck. I've driven about 2 million miles in my driving career. Never had a tyre "suddenly burst". Especially these days with modern tyre construction. When seeing a truck with a burst tyre, they are normally shredded. The tyres on the truck are not shredded. 

With 44 degrees heat, truck overloaded, worn out tyre or not properly inflated, anything can happened to a tyre...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I have had a tire burst.  Keep control, slow down and stop.  This guy probably panicked and tried to steer out of it losing control and crashed. 

Yeah Ive had two burst (both fronts, separate occasions) on the 7 motorway, fairly routine to slow down and pull over safely.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I have had a tire burst.  Keep control, slow down and stop. 

Yes, keep number 9 off the brake pedal.

I've seen it a few times, too broke to replace dry rotted, bald, overloaded tires, but not too broke to able to afford the silly truck accoutrements, the "Power bar" bumpers and exhaust delete, that's so much cooler than not having a blowout. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, it is what it is said:

i'm sure the family and friends of the victim are overjoyed at his last moments being broadcast on the internet.

It was his wish, anyone notice all the red speakers in his cab?

Seems he spent all his time singing, looking all over the place except where he was going.

Looking at how many time he rolled he wasn't hanging around either.

15 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Appeared to me that he wasn't paying proper attention to the road, hit something and lost control. RIP.

He wont rest in piece he will be out with his phone videoing

Just now, Almer said:

He wont rest in piece he will be out with his phone videoing

And before somebody tells me to be more respectfull i could have been that roadside that jack the lad drove into.