Cannabis Shops to Close by April 1, 2025: Thai PM Orders Drug Rescheduling

webfact

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately for the PM, he doesn't control that decision.

@gk10012001 It's readily available here, and don't think a script is needed at shops (guessing), and shops are everywhere.  Also available online, no script necessary.   Where I purchased all mine.   Shops are pricy.

AND ... it's really some good sh!t, as I got more sitting here at the house than I can smoke, since I indulge very infrequently.   Actually gave half my stash to my nephew, knowing I'd never smoke it, within a year or 2 :cheesy:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

if they shut down all the stores overcharging people in tourist areas im all for it

legal or illegal i'll still occasionally buy some if doctor says I need a break from drink

Lyrica gives a better high anyway and is available OTC

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

Can you share any details on your medical card?

What medical conditions do you have? When did you buy it? How much did it cost? How long is it valid? Which government entity issued it?

Which dispensaries require it? Do your online sources accept your medical card?

I know medical cards were a thing briefly back in 2018 but I didn't realize they were still being issued.

Except for those that might be approved as medical dispensaries, right?

Methamphetamine, Crystal Meth, Ketamine, and Tramadol are significant threats to public health. I hope these get the same attention as cannabis when it comes to the "war".

not sure how it will work or if it will but....
https://card.weed.th/en

Back pain,  Insomnia, anxiety ( all things i  had when got my card in California) 

in out in out shake it  all  about..................ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh o the okey cokey......govt,

waiting for the  no tax on incoming money change next!!

• Haha 1

As I pointed out a couple of years ago,  revisions to the weed bill to re-criminalise "recreational" use was and is inevitable, and just a matter of time, despite the fact I enjoyed growing and using for year or so before getting bored with it (again).

I'm not really personally interested one way or the other, but focusing on genuinely medicinal weed (ie below a specific THC threshold) and its derivatives could be a genuine plus for Thai exports, while avoiding some of the disbenefits of legalising recreational use, the main one being IMHO attracting the less desirable end of the tourist and expat trade (again). Buddha knows we've got enough of those already.

Thailand's war on drugs (specifically golden triangle opium) was one of the few successful global WOD initiatives, and legalising recreational weed, given Thailand's history, is a questionable step.

As for those who insinuate they'll continue using when recreational use is re-criminalised, that just shows that dependency issues are real.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am of the opinion that someone should do a study to see how much was invested in cannabis businesses (retail and agricultural) and how much of that was borrowed from banks, relatives, loan sharks etc, and how much will not be paid back. 

Walk around Bangkok or Pattaya and every second shop it seems was selling cannabis, although they seemed to lack customers. What a waste of investment and energy on this "faux' legalisation of cannabis....a cluster***k from start to finish. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, koolbreez said:

The biggest threat, and where all the pressure is coming from to again criminalize recreational use, is from the two major beer monopolies that have seen a significant drop in beer sales since cannabis was legalized. That is the real threat to the industry, and where all the pressure is coming from.

Correct,kb...plus don't forget it was a money earner for the BIB previously.They could easily get on the spot fine revenue...

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Reminds me of a Thai woman. Decide on something then the next minute change your mind. Why because the facts changed? No just because 

Sounds like my Thai wife....yesterday we agreed on something, today she has no recollection.

Either got to give up the beers or reality.🙃🙃

• Haha 1

Interesting proposed date... Think this day has another name.

Sure there is a bill that has been presented to the houses. Even in Thailand the illusion of due process will occur.

Thaivisa has a habit of this type of crap for April Fool's Day. Clickbait crap from a pathetic rag 

• Sad 1