Bus back to Pattaya

georgegeorgia

7 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

The bus is leaving from Ekkamai ?😳

Read what Benz wrote its clearly written. Or google it. 🤪

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

In a previous thread you ask why people take the bus to Bangkok instead of a taxi.

Now you ask about the bus to Pattaya.

What drugs are you on?

Bus (coach) to Pattaya goes from Ekkamai down south on Sukhumvit road (BTS Ekkamai).

There's also one from the northern bus terminal at Mohr Chit, or at least used to be pre-COVID

• Like 1

The old  ekkamai change scam. Perfect. ”Sorry”.

Do a few dozen times per day money spinner.

Years ago was this bus not targeted for passport checks and roadside piss tests or have the Thonglor thugs been tamed?  They were  pulling farangs out of taxis too

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Where do I get the bus back to Pattaya 

I thought you'd be riding your 3 wheeled EV you spoke about buying recently. 

This one is still for sale, if you are interested, let me know, I'll talk with the salvage yard and get them to hold it for you. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Years ago was this bus not targeted for passport checks and roadside piss tests or have the Thonglor thugs been tamed?  They were  pulling farangs out of taxis too

Once when we arrived back in Bangkok and walked out of the bus, the police stopped a friend. They found a little bag with some powder in his bag and made a big issue out of it. My friend knew it wasn't anything illegal, just a bag where he had (legal) tablets which he took regularly.

It took maybe 10min and lots of talking before they let him go, without charge.

In future trips he always left the bus early to avoid such trouble.

That was years ago.

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

From Ekamai ... 131 baht ... that's cheap enough :coffee1:

Just don't forget your hoodie or scarf.
When I used it, there was no way to avoid the arctic streams.

Almost got sick from.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Once when we arrived back in Bangkok and walked out of the bus, the police stopped a friend. They found a little bag with some powder in his bag and made a big issue out of it. My friend knew it wasn't anything illegal, just a bag where he had (legal) tablets which he took regularly.

It took maybe 10min and lots of talking before they let him go, without charge.

In future trips he always left the bus early to avoid such trouble.

That was years ago.

I hate the idea of racial targeting and don’t want anyone wrongfully accused.

But cisgender males to accustomed to white privilege, which they deny exists, can be an idea that gets challenged whilst overseas. 

The Texan  who once complained about being refused  a taxi ride in Tokyo got a good laugh from a Bahamian-American on the crew. Good experience for ol’ Bubba I’d reckon. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Good grief, that was more than twenty years ago. I don't even remember what year it was. Was it after they caught the truck full of fertilizer with the dead body rotting in it, or after the threat to bomb the American embassy. Lasted for about two weeks, IIRC.

On 5/10/2024 at 3:32 AM, stoner said:

someone got laid in pattaya. 

Good gracious! You're not implying the presence of ladies of easy virtue in the cultural centre of the Eastern Seaboard are you? 😲

I'm shocked and stunned!

• Confused 1

On 5/10/2024 at 6:31 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

And count your change when you buy your ticket(s).

Ok, this happened years ago, but years ago it happened regularly. Maybe this is still happening.

When I bought tickets at the counter in Ekkamai, I paid maybe with a 500B note. Let's just say as an example that my change should have been 250B.

It happened more than once that they gave me maybe 150B change only. And only when I pointed that out then they added the rest of the change, maybe a hundred baht note. And every time it was like: We had this note on the table, sure we would have given it to you.

But in reality, if you don't pay attention, there is a good chance that they don't give you the correct change.

Because they’re used to first timers taking the bus and not used to the baht.  Tourists usually get scammed the first few days of their stay.,

( yes, I know you’re an expat !) 

2 hours ago, geisha said:

Because they’re used to first timers taking the bus and not used to the baht.  Tourists usually get scammed the first few days of their stay.,

( yes, I know you’re an expat !) 

They did this to me when I lived at least since 10 years in Thailand, and likely I spoke with the ticket counter person in Thai.

I am sure with (new) tourists it's worse.