British Tourist Injured in Gang Attack on Bangla Road, Patong

webfact

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Karlik Pu said:

Are you talking about puti-Russians maybe?

English not your strong point young fella, not suprising given your up bringing tho!  I posted Brit, not Russian, maybe its geography thats confused you, neverstress, primary school will soon be over! 

Edited by Olmate
  • Confused 4

What’s he doing out at that time most people are in bed fast asleep one thing I’ve learned having lived here for many years is never argue with Thais they hate to lose face and sticking a knife in someone’s body is not an issue especially when they’ve been sipping the cheap thai whiskey all day 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

Several year ago I contemplated moving from Thailand to Colombia. I had visited Colombia several times 

and found much to like. I decided to remain in Thailand in part, because I thought Thailand was much safer. 

As of late, I am  not sure that Thailand is safer. One more small item for my RFL File ( Reason For Leaving).

Bye Tom

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, spermwhale said:

Living in Thailand for 17 years and having crossed paths while drunk with local guys, I NEVER had a problem. I've always been friendly to Thais and smile and when walking  by guys sitting and drinking whisky and one of them calls out at me "YOU YOU." I always smile a and say "Sawasdee kraap" next thing you know they invite me for a drink 

A hi, a friendly smile, singing Statesboro Blues as you walk by, a wave, a sabai dee as you walk by, just exude happiness and you will be tossing down shots with them. 

Just keep repeating Jai Dee to yourself and act like it. Thais and Cambodians like happy foreigners, especially the folks that dont get to interact with foriegners alot. 

If you are here to escape the <deleted> climate of your country and are in a tropical paradise, why are you ever even going to think of getting into a pissing match with anyone?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

So it looks like they attacked a foreign couple then went over the other side of the road and stabbed the other dude, did he know the couple and there was more to this before, or literally just a bystander. Whatever you say the flying knee started physical aspect and that was a Thai man.

Also look at the little Thai throw the sneaky punch on the dude in the alley and get swatted off like a fly

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Another advertisement for travel insurance.  Because I doubt that the culprits will be funding the guy's hospital bill.

Edited by impulse
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Spock said:

Exactly my thoughts and most of the posts have avoided any blame of Thais. When I lived there 6 months in 1996, the Thai workers in the bars loved the opportunity to crack a bottle over the head of some foreigner playing up. Seems like in this instance its a gang setting on one person, so you'd think posters would be a bit more circumspect than simply blaming the Brit. It's not really a nice area of Thailand. Tourists do stuff that gets them hated and eyes light up when a chance for revenge is presented. 

I don’t think it’s an issue of blame. Clearly stabbing someone isn’t a blameless act even if provoked. It’s a question of common sense.

Thailand in the early hours of the morning can be a lawless and dangerous place. There are locals who have no sense of restraint or civilized behavior. Getting into arguments with them can and often does lead to a farang bleeding on the floor. So stopping arguing with locals is good advice.

i’m not blaming Thais specifically by the way, most large cities have areas where such stuff happens. Patong is hardly a big city, but farang arguing with locals at early morning hours is asking for trouble.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ryandb said:

So it looks like they attacked a foreign couple then went over the other side of the road and stabbed the other dude, did he know the couple and there was more to this before, or literally just a bystander. Whatever you say the flying knee started physical aspect and that was a Thai man.

Also look at the little Thai throw the sneaky punch on the dude in the alley and get swatted off like a fly

Thais are so tough when it 8 against 1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

Wow, the very first comment, and you blame the victim... wow... jai dam

Nevertheless, in the real world, it's good advice. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

...I don't need to show them anything.

The bulge in my pants says it all!

bob.

What do you do when you have to launder your socks? Or the zucchini turns soft?

This whole thing could develop into the funniest ever. Bob, if you were a Cowboy, your name would be Needle Dick. When you see Thai guys relaxing in front of your fav bar/restaurant (7-11), do you unzip, pull out your pants pockets and scream "Chang is here".?

You should ask the mods if you can share a pic your god given gift with us all.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

So here we have a person being stabbed and AN members bitch fighting amongst themselves over nationalities and perceptions thereof. 

Somethings on these forums never change and it's the usual members bickering. 

I doubt the victim cares one iota about your opinions.  He didn't deserve a stabbing. 

Its devolved now into Bobs schlong. No one cares about the victim, Bobs endowment is now viral.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, sungod said:

Whats it with all these ridiculous posts about arguing with Thai men, would you argue with a group of men from any nationality on your own? 

I wonder how some of you lot mange to leave your houses in the morning without your wives holding your hands......

Maybe you just moved here, or are unaware about the culture... Thai men are a unique breed. Their thin skin, propensity for emotional outburst, exasperated by a constant need to always save face... Argue with most anyone else (non-Thai), and it turns into nothing physical, or at worse a 1:1 battle, argue with a Thai and all of a sudden you get jumped, joined by a group (armed with knives). Try paying attention to current events and newscast in this country. It might save you some pain and suffering. Idiot foreigner argues with a Thai and gets stabbed... News at 11. Rinse and repeat.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sumongkhwai said:

Nothing ever good happens at 4:00 am. I'm sure the Brit was pissed and then got into it with a local or two. One thing I learned long before my wife taught me is that when you fight a Thai you are fighting 9 not just one. Keep your head down, ignore the comments and keep moving. I can swear rightly in Thai but, my wife has always told never to do so and I respect her advice (aside from the fact I'm getting to old to scrap with people a third of my age although I could probably take them but with knives and guns and what not, just stay quiet, plus we're pretty much done with the past 12:00 am bar scene, nothing but trouble- mostly for me!)

4 am you should be in bed with a nice thai lady

not roaming around on the streets

there is no fair fight with Thai man anywhere

or they carry knives or fight in packs

some time ago i got attacked with a machete but hey i am a very fast runner

my dad told me when i was young 

better a live coward than a dead hero

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Have you?

Yes, I posted the video yesterday, and started a topic, recorded the report from early morning Ch34 news.

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

just because he was out late enjoying himself means he has the right to be stabbed?

give your head a wobble!

Why, is he an Indian ?........:giggle:

• Haha 2