Are these the BEST Burgers available in Bangkok ?

CharlieH

burger-1.webp

Who doesn’t love a big and juicy burger? There’s nothing like a warm fluffy bun loaded with smoked meat, crunchy lettuce, melting cheese, and a slathering sauce! Whether you’re into the classic beef burger, ooey-gooey cheeseburger, or you’re all about the splurge-worthy works of art with decadent toppings, Bangkok has its share of drool-inducing burgers that’ll melt in your mouth and have you craving for more. . And below, we’ve compiled the best burger places in Bangkok.

25 Degrees Burger Bar

burger-2.jpeg

Opening hours: Daily, 24 hours
Address: Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, 188 Si Lom, Khwaeng Suriya Wong, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
Click here to Google Maps

Craving for some burgers at midnight? Well, the award winning 25 Degrees Burger Bar is the best place to go since it’s open 24 hours! Offering a sophisticated twist on the traditional American burger bar concept, 25 Degrees Burger Bar is named after the exact temperature difference between a raw and well-done hamburger. They serve gourmet burgers with a long list of fancy-sounding cheeses, toppings, and condiments. You’ll want to come here with a serious appetite since the burgers here are no small feat. The buns come absolutely loaded with fresh toppings, including thick patties that can be easily shared with friends.

The most classic option is the Number One, which consists of caramelised onion, prelibato gorgonzola bacon, crescenza, arugula, and thousand islands. For something with Italian influence, try the Number Two, which comes with roasted tomato, burrata, crispy prosciutto, and pesto. The vegan and vegetarians don’t need to miss out on the beefy bandwagon, thanks to the Beyond Burger. This vegan-friendly burger consists of beyond meat, vegan cheese, a black vegan bun, and a wealth of other ingredients that’ll have you licking your lips. And be sure to wash everything down with their super-creamy shakes as well – you’ll leaf the place with your tummy full and your tastebuds happy!

Daniel Thaiger

burger-3.jpeg

Opening hours: Daily, 10:00 – 22:30
Address: Sukhumvit 21, 419, 1 Soi Phetchaburi 47, Bang Kapi, Huai Khwang, Bangkok 10320

Daniel Thaiger has always been a favourite in the capital, and it’s not hard to see why. This iconic food truck, without a doubt, serves the best burger in Bangkok. Not only did this burger joint start the food truck boom in Bangkok, but it was also one of the first to offer the so-called gourmet burger. At first, Daniel Thaiger rolled through the city with a limited menu. Every burger relies on top-quality ingredients, and you can really taste the attention to detail in each bite.

For a true classic, try the original Steve Burger. This legendary burger consists of a delicious beef patty, a handful of crispy bacon, cheese, and brioche. Their signature Thaiger is also a must-try, with its perfectly-seasoned chargrilled beef patty, lettuce, tomato, grilled onion, unmelted cheddar, and a Conkey’s brioche bun. For those who want something spicy, The Cowboy is the perfect option since it has jalapeño peppers on it. You are free to choose between wagyu beef, pork, or lamb to satisfy your cravings. If you want to try something a little different, the Salmon will change your mind about fish burgers. In between the chopped salmon and yoghurt sauce are feta cheese and crispy lettuce giving extra flavour to each bite.

MadCow Burger by Toni Santos Asok

burger-4.webp

Opening hours: Wednesday – Monday, 11:30 – 21:00
Address: 39 1 Sukhumvit Road, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Whether you like your burger layered in bacon, slathered in spicy sauce, or smothered in cheese, MadCow Burger should be your ultimate destination. No matter what your preferred ensemble of goodness lie between those buns, rest assured, MadCow Burger will satiate your cravings.

The patty here is made from a blend of premium ingredients, which you can order to be cooked to your preference. Medium or rare, MadCow Burger truly knows how to do things right. Highly recommended is the classic MadCow burger with the addition of unforgettable, house-made hash browns on the side. Don’t leave without trying their onion rings as well – you won’t be disappointed.

Paper Butter and the Burger

Burger-5.webp

Opening hours: Monday – Saturday, 11:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 22:00
Address: The Yard Hostel Bangkok, 51 Phahon Yothin 5, Samsen Nai, Phaya Thai, Bangkok 10400

Paper Butter and the Burger might be small, but they serve big business when it comes to a serious feed. They offer burgers with influences that range from Chiang Mai to Hawaii, so you’ll be sure to get a one-of-a-kind experience. Be sure to try their signature menu, the Chiang Mai Spicy Burger. It comes with either pork or Australian beef patty seasoned with Chiang Mai herbs, which creates a flavour similar to northern Thai’s larb kua. Completed with cheddar cheese, onion rings, and spicy mayo sauce, this burger surely packs a punch.

Looking for something to satisfy your burger craving but don’t want to derail your diet plan? Try the Naked Burger. It consists of patties, cheese, and bacon, all wrapped up in lettuce. For those who want to try pineapples in their burgers, the Aloha Hawaiian can be a unique burger to enjoy. Everything in Paper Butter and the Burger is of the finest quality, from the presentation to the flavour to the service. Exactly the kind of restaurant you wish could be found in every corner of the world.

Artisan Craft Burgers

burger-6.jpeg

Opening hours: Tuesday – Sunday, 11:00 – 02:00
Address: Artisan Burger Co., Ltd. / Eleven Bangkok 26/1, A Bldg, Soi Sukhumvit 11 Khwaeng Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110

Almost no other place in Bangkok makes their burgers as mind-blowingly well as Artisan Craft Burger. What makes them stand out is the fresh, high-quality ingredients and the level of detail in which each burger is prepared. For instance, they make sure every burger has the exact core temperature, so the taste will always be consistent. And with a Michelin star chef trained the team to craft the burgers, you’re guaranteed to get the best of the best.

Their signature Artisan Burger is an all-time favourite for a reason. With a blend of Charolais and Limousin beef, the patty is grilled to perfection and then layered with caramelised red onions, cheddar cheese, homemade pickles, lettuce, tomato, homemade artisan sauce, and a buttered sesame scallion bun. To make it even tastier, pair the Artisan Burger with their russet potato fries and three-sauce combo.

Need more American food in Bangkok? Take a look at our list of the best American restaurants in Bangkok. Or do you want to join the hype and try cannabis-infused food? Check out our article on where to find cannabis-infused food in Thailand.

Advertise On Asean Now
Contact us to discuss advertising and custom solutions.

So, whats your "go to" Burger place ? Please share your experiences with the community, are you a simple BurgerKing person or have you found a hidden gem ?

• Love It 1

Posted (edited)

25 degrees is ok, and would give them 7 out of 10

After thai standard and those burgers I have eaten here, I would give them 9 out of 10

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

How are you supposed to get some of these burgers in your mouth .....

you are going to make a mess ,

regards Worgeordie

That's exactly what I thought.

I am not from one of those burger countries. And some time ago I thought the idea to eat a burger was with one or two hands. How does that work with these huge things?

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

@OneMoreFarang @worgeordie

you either eat with both hands, and make a mess, or you eat with knife and fork!

Thanks

and if you eat with knife and fork, do you eat layer by layer or try to cut it like a cake?

It is somehow strange to me that lots of things are put in those burgers and then you have to somehow separate them to eat them.

They could be served separately to make it easier.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks

and if you eat with knife and fork, do you eat layer by layer or try to cut it like a cake?

It is somehow strange to me that lots of things are put in those burgers and then you have to somehow separate them to eat them.

They could be served separately to make it easier.

you are able to squeese an well made juicy hamburger, but it is a mess as said, and like a cake trying to get every layer on the fork. Some burgers are just stupid made and only big mouth americans can eat

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Hummin said:

25 degrees is ok, and would give them 7 out of 10

After thai standard and those burgers I have eaten here, I would give them 9 out of 10

I thought they were just ok.  It seems they tried too hard on these.  Would have been better just making a more ordinary burger.

17 hours ago, zoltannyc said:

I had MadCow Burger several times, excellent burgers with very nice french fries way better than the ones offered by big chains.

Looking at the photos, I would probably pick MadCow as well. :thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, GanDoonToonPet said:

Was seriously thinking of going to Mad Cow, as it's a short walk from my usual haunt (Scruffy Murphy's) where the food is excellent.

Tried to find their website...they don't have one

Tried their FB page in order to check their burger menu / prices...strangely they only have their pizza menu on there

I'm sure their burgers are great but when are they going to pick up their end of the couch? I can't do all the work 😟

They are on foodpanda, check prices there.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Hummin said:

@OneMoreFarang @worgeordie

you either eat with both hands, and make a mess, or you eat with knife and fork!

I would much rather have the salad and stuff on the side, with just the meat and cheese on the bun. 

IMG_20240520_130206.jpg

Edited by KannikaP

2 hours ago, GanDoonToonPet said:

The future is eating oversized burgers with chopsticks and soup using a fork...it's tradition right? What could go wrong?

Don't forget to order the "soup in a basket" as a starter!  😂

Less flippantly, some burger places serve the burger with a stick like a giant toothpick through the burger, and a sharp knife like a steak knife. 

In that case, I cut the burger in half, put the stick in the half I'm eating, pick it up and eat it.

If not....sod it - just make a mess!

• Like 1

Many years ago, before I moved out here and settled in Pattaya, I loved the char-grilled burgers in Tony Roma's on Sukhumvit. If the meat is good and properly cooked, then you don't need all the salad and bacon and relish, just the taste of the char-grilled beef (done medium rare) was enough. Even better, it was just a stone's throw from Nana Plaza! I gather it moved to Terminal 21 by Asoke, but has now closed down. Is there anywhere else in Bangkok that does a genuine US-style char-grilled half-pound burger?

All look tasty, though most I wouldn't order, as seem to be a challenge to even each.   Aside from probably some silly pricing for the selfie with and impractical burger that won't fit in your mouth.

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Many years ago, before I moved out here and settled in Pattaya, I loved the char-grilled burgers in Tony Roma's on Sukhumvit. If the meat is good and properly cooked, then you don't need all the salad and bacon and relish, just the taste of the char-grilled beef (done medium rare) was enough. Even better, it was just a stone's throw from Nana Plaza! I gather it moved to Terminal 21 by Asoke, but has now closed down. Is there anywhere else in Bangkok that does a genuine US-style char-grilled half-pound burger?

Used to go Tony Roma's for ribs on Sukhumvit back in the mid 90s, best ribs in BKK at that time. I think they closed their locations around 2019 or 2020. Things come and go here, I remember when Crispy Cream was that big thing and later binsoo, now it's Nose? tea and mala what's next, who knows?

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Interesting report (or maybe advertorial?), will give some of those a try.

My research so far gives me these, in my personal preference order:

1. STAX Burger - Asoke

2. Beast & Butter - Thing Lo

3. Easy Burger - OnNut (next to Cheap Charlies and Phrom Phong

4. Smizzle Burger - near K Village

5. Prime Burger - many

6. Rose Lane Burger - Phra Kanong

I have heard many great things about Beef Cheese Bun, a food-stall at Suk Soi 48, but am yet to try

Maybe soi 26? Tel 0971292922

Edited by PMZ
errors
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite always has been The Bacon Cheese Burger at The Bus Stop, Sukhumvit Soi 4. I appreciate the fact that it is a juicy mess, but still fits in my mouth and fits my wallet at ~115 bht.  Those gourmet burgers just don't do it for me. 

Posted (edited)

No review is complete without a general pricing guideline.  

Even the best burger at $20 USD (plus fries plus a drink) is not a good value.

Edit:  I'd add that they're pretty ordinary, but you can doll up a MOS Burger and end up with a great burger at an affordable price.  And find them in malls all over town.  There's something to be said about the mass market model where you get a consistent product at a decent price.  Ray Kroc got that part right, and changed the world.

Edited by impulse

On 5/23/2024 at 4:19 PM, worgeordie said:

How are you supposed to get some of these burgers in your mouth .....

you are going to make a mess ,

regards Worgeordie

Agreed. Best burgers I ever ate were at a steak house near Kasetsart university. Double the width but half the height of any of those shown above, full of relish and cheese. Large portion of fries and a massive salad all for 100 baht. Always packed out with students, 2 to 1 burger.  At the height of its popularity and success the owner sold it. Within a week everything was half sized except the price.  Within a month the place was usually deserted. How to wreck a business in short order.