Physical Altercation Between Guards and Customers on Soi 6 in Pattaya Goes Viral

webfact

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

If I had to guess, they probably all got chatting in the bar and then one guy leaves without paying and the bargirl didn't want to get stung for the upaid bill so tried to pin it on the other two.

Curious that we haven't heard anything about the condition of the 2 guys that were beaten. Maybe the authorities are staying quiet for as long as possible and hoping they recover so this doesn't become another "murder in Thailand" story. 

manslaughter, not murder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

manslaughter, not murder.

I highy doubt the tabloids would use "manslaughter in Thailand" as the headline. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

Let's all hope it's neither and guard is charged with attempted murder instead...

If the lad don't die it would be Grievous bodily harm.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Curious that we haven't heard anything about the condition of the 2 guys that were beaten. Maybe the authorities are staying quiet for as long as possible and hoping they recover so this doesn't become another "murder in Thailand" story. 

Yes, very unsettling. It's not good to make assumptions, but if the guy who got kicked in the head isn't dead or in a coma wouldn't they be very keen to wave the green flag and inform everyone he's alright in order to deescalate all the viral blowback already blowing up in the media? 

And then the other guy not wanting to press any charges when he was beaten up and did nothing wrong. Why wouldn't he press charges? And where is the justice for him?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

According to the cashier, they were all together as a group of 3. Mates presumably. 

The thing about scummy farang not paying the bills is the waitresses often have to pick up the bill, how can they afford that?

Bills should be checked after every drink, if someone doesn't do that they're a fool

• Agree 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Manslaughter is when you accidently kill someone .

That kick in the head wasn't accidental 

Where did I saw the kick was accidental ?

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

Lies...I go there everyday....it is very safe.  Just pay your bin and do not get drunk and act like you are back in your sh&&&&e country.

Ya.. I stayed nearby hotel and passed the street frequently when there. Never seen anything menacing going on. Just punters and girls doing their thing. Nothing menacing in the air. 

12 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Could be informing the next of kin before making a public announcement ?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Not manslaughter when the kick to the head was pre-meditated and deliberate. 

Intent to cause harm or intent to kill ?

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Could be informing the next of kin before making a public announcement ?

I guess that's possible, but having seen previous cases where the grizzly details and even pictures of the dead bodies have been released I'd say their motives are more likely to be protecting their image. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The thing about scummy farang not paying the bills is the waitresses often have to pick up the bill, how can they afford that?

Bills should be checked after every drink, if someone doesn't do that they're a fool

The same in every doggy nightclubs all over the world. Management trying to glean more from punters and it is on the punter’s initiative to be alert to bill padding. In my youth, I went to a nightclub with a dance floor. I told the bar tender to keep the tab open( meaning put my charges onto my tab). End of the night, even though i was sober, I detected some drinks ordered by someone else but put onto my tab. Lesson learned. 

3 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

If I was in the bar business I would require all new customers to settle their bill after every 3-4 rounds. That would minimize losses. But then again, many bars pad bills and take advantage too. It's all dodgy business at both ends. 

At Bamboo in Pattaya, that place that old relics meet old relics, you pay the bin after every order

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Welcome to the Family friendly jewel in the crown Pattaya.... it's an utter toilet... 

The name of the bar in pink in the photo sums up the place

Don't go.

....but don't preach either.

5 hours ago, Accidental Tourist said:

This so called "Guards" are criminals. Incidents like this are know since the 70's and will be continued until the Police waking up and going against the bar owners...but brown envelopes will solve the matter 

what police?  oh those guys!

6 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Intent to cause harm or intent to kill ?

If you hit someone in a manner which could result in a death , then its deliberate .

Kicking someone when they are down like that , then the kicker would have known that the guy could die , so murder it is

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If you hit someone in a manner which could result in a death , then its deliberate .

Kicking someone when they are down like that , then the kicker would have known that the guy could die , so murder it is

Yeah, nah.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, FruitPudding said:
5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Khaosod reporting that the bar attempted to make the farang in the white pay another person's bill after he had paid his own. When they tried he refused, became annoyed and verbally abusive. Security arrived and then started fighting and assaulting the punters. 

I knew it would be something like this. 

SARCASM ALERT: Ah, all a misunderstanding then. The bar tried to charge the wrong customer.

Posted (edited)

When you are visiting red light or nightclubbing areas in any country , it is always prudent to be respectful and not having an ‘in your face’ attitude disrespecting the locals regardless how slight you felt. You never knew if they are empowered by the local mafia or police. The end result may not be what you had in mind for a dream holiday . Spending your holiday lying in the hospital bed is a no brainer. Why escalate any confrontation to end up hurt or worse comatose. It is not for your well being. 
what the tourists did that night confronting the nightclub staff they did is just escalating instead of de escalating the situation. You cannot expect the lowly paid enforcers to be professional . This is Thailand ! And what happens to the other guy ( I read only the white shirted and grey shirted guys paid their share) who skipped paying his share ? Casual acquaintance at the club or buddy. ? Shame on him for leaving his buddies taking the piss. All that for a mere tb2800 bill at that. 

Remember Thailand security is not first world security working on de escalation. They are actually enforcers making sure you do not skip your bill regardless padded or not. 

Edited by Ctkong
Add more info
  • Agree 1