Physical Altercation Between Guards and Customers on Soi 6 in Pattaya Goes Viral

webfact

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

If he survives he'll have a huge bill to pay

Hopefully the security guard has a huge bill to pay instead...or even better the guards employer has to pay as they have more baht

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Furioso said:

Moral of the story: you must behave yourself in a foreign country.. too many foreigners, tourists and expats disrespecting Thailand and the Thai people!

To get respect you have to earn respect. 

I don't see much to respect about Thai men from that video. 

Fair play to the lassies though, they were trying to intervene because they know those guys are animals. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Hiring trained Thai personnel would be enough. These guys obviously have no formal training in handling such situations.

Trained Thai personnel costs money. My friend has night club security who are off duty policemen. You can tell by their crew cut and police boots. Soi 6 clubs are mainly small establishments who pooled together their resources to contract common pool security much like Korean karaoke clubs hiring common pool freelancers …

2 hours ago, BritScot said:

Open your ears and eyes. I suppose the old couple and their son a few years ago who got a severe gang kickdown ending in hospital and very serious injuries was a figment of the imagination.  Wake up for god sake or does it make you feel safe victim blaming? This could very easily happen to you so better lock your door and hide under your bed....

If I remember the same incident with the couple and their son, I think I remember they started the problem.

But obviously that was one of those videos which starts with the Thai guys punching and not the minute or two before that. There is a lot of creative editing going on.

No, it couldn't easily happen to me. I pay my bills, I make sure the girls get their drinks and tips, and at least some of the owners, managers and guards know me. No problem. 

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

I was at a Pattaya bar and as place was full waitress asked if ok for two guys to join my table, no problem I said. When I ordered a beer they then proceeded to get theirs and tell waitress put on my bill. I should have been checking but had no clue someone would brazenly do that. 

Once I noticed I had different beers on my bill waitress pointed at the 2 guys and told me they said ok to put on my bill. When I asked the guys why they just shrugged their shoulders and said why not.

So yes, they may not have even known the 3rd guy who didn't pay his bill 

I had the same happen to me in Phuket once with two Finns. Must be 20 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

Trained Thai personnel costs money. My friend has night club security who are off duty policemen. You can tell by their crew cut and police boots. Soi 6 clubs are mainly small establishments who pooled together their resources to contract common pool security much like Korean karaoke clubs hiring common pool freelancers …

Yep… but that would still be the right way to tackle the issue IMO… even if it means less establishments get to open.

2 hours ago, patman30 said:

when i had a go-go bar
we had security that was provided by the police we were paying
one of those security punched one of our own girls in the face when she declined to give him some money (she could not work for a week)
i fired all 3 of them that night (as the other 2 just stood there and watched and done nothing)
and then had 2 of them come next night threatening to cut my throat.

Thanks for the reply.

I should have written that I am not aware of any farang being attacked by the guards for no reason.

I try not to get involved in what Thai people do with each other. They have some "rules" which I just don't understand.

I.e. a long time ago the sister of my gf borrowed money from someone in a bar. And then the sister didn't go back to that bar. My gf was approached to pay what the sister should have paid. And my gf settled the bill. Was that fair? I don't think so. But I gave up finding logic in Thai behavior.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, patman30 said:

not saying this is what happened
but from experience i can tell you
it is very common for expats and tourists to quickly make new "friends" here while out n about,
move on to the next bar together as a group
then the new friend suddenly disappears after running up a bill
had this happen a few times, even with expats when in groups

Pick your friends carefully and pick your drinking buddies even more carefully.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks for the reply.

I should have written that I am not aware of any farang being attacked by the guards for no reason.

I try not to get involved in what Thai people do with each other. They have some "rules" which I just don't understand.

I.e. a long time ago the sister of my gf borrowed money from someone in a bar. And then the sister didn't go back to that bar. My gf was approached to pay what the sister should have paid. And my gf settled the bill. Was that fair? I don't think so. But I gave up finding logic in Thai behavior.

This is Thai community responsibility mentality … the headman responsible for families under his domain, the parents responsible for his children , the siblings responsible for those wayward ones. Not alien to other Asian social structure.. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Just wondering why the UK Sun can report guy is in a coma fighting for life in ICU but Pattaya news has no knowledge of foreigners health? 

Speaking today, Sergeant Major Arthon from Pattaya City police station said the three security guards have been warned about their conduct but have not been arrested or charged.

He said: "The tourist in the video who was attacked has not filed a police report, so we cannot assign an investigating officer.

"There's no case open until they complain. We've had a look around but can't find them.

"Yes, we're still checking CCTV to see what happened to them.

"There are rumours that he is in intensive care but we haven't heard anything from hospitals."

typical TIT head in sand charade!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, roo860 said:

Three security guards who assaulted two foreign visitors admitted that their actions were excessive, raised their hands performing the “Wai” gesture, and apologized to Thai society for their actions.... 

20240527_110503.jpg

What is this BS.... Shouldn't they apologize to the foreigners they beat up? 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, roo860 said:

Three security guards who assaulted two foreign visitors admitted that their actions were excessive, raised their hands performing the “Wai” gesture, and apologized to Thai society for their actions.... 

20240527_110503.jpg

Three otherwise useless monkeys.

The fat useless clown that did the running kick to the head needs naming and shaming.

Put his address out there so he can appreciate the error of his ways.

7 hours ago, LennyW said:

Why does everyone keep using the terms, "Security guards" "Bouncers", they are neither, they are just hired thugs with zero training on how to be bouncers, just pack rats!

Well and then please answer why the hell you're going ......to the rats 😳

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Bvor said:

Speaking today, Sergeant Major Arthon from Pattaya City police station said the three security guards have been warned about their conduct but have not been arrested or charged.

He said: "The tourist in the video who was attacked has not filed a police report, so we cannot assign an investigating officer.

"There's no case open until they complain. We've had a look around but can't find them.

"Yes, we're still checking CCTV to see what happened to them.

"There are rumours that he is in intensive care but we haven't heard anything from hospitals."

typical TIT head in sand charade!

This would have been the news yesterday for todays edition of the Sun, the Thai police said differently here today.

• Like 1