Rising Rates of HPV-Related Head and Neck Cancers in Men Linked to Oral Sex

On 5/29/2024 at 7:09 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

My girlfriend buys these when I go to work. 

oral-2.thumb.webp.a3b2fd6c5ba020a130b8ad766febee90.webp

Remember to wash cucumbers diligently before consuming them at your girlfriend’s place. 

• Haha 2

On 5/29/2024 at 3:23 PM, MalcolmB said:

My girlfriend Sid thai men don’t like giving oral.

Something about Buddhism and the head being sacred and lowering it to a vagina is wrong.

Butif a girl does it to a man it is ok. 

anyone else heard that?

Not only Thai customs but Chinese too. Not only buddhism . It can be Taoism or other beliefs. Main issue is they believe the female part is unclean due to menses blood passing out thru the birth canal. Women who are on the period cannot enter temples as the shamans can identify those who are. I understand if you are on the period, you do not enter the main hall of the temple. Mainly due to more yin energy than normal. 

4 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Wheres the vaccine beaver addict.

There is supposedly a HPV vaccine.

They where recently trying to give it to all the girls at my granddaughters school, strangely as far as I could ascertain they didn't seem to offer it to the boys,

even though boys can and do carry the virus and pass it onto girls causing cervical cancer  which was the whole reason they stated that the girls get the vaccine..to prevent cervical cancer ???

38 minutes ago, johng said:

They where recently trying to give it to all the girls at my granddaughters school, strangely as far as I could ascertain they didn't seem to offer it to the boys,

even though boys can and do carry the virus and pass it onto girls causing cervical cancer  which was the whole reason they stated that the girls get the vaccine..to prevent cervical cancer ???

back in the UK girls have been getting the vaccine for 40+ years

17 hours ago, johng said:

Thanks isnt this what Michael Dougulas got throat cancer?

If not here, next trip home for my wellness going to ask doctor.

20 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Not taking sides but since it was posted I assume for everyone. Who decide for sure not you, Scuba or I that is I guess the moderator job.🤔

but too many plonkers over zealous with reporting 

On 5/28/2024 at 9:05 PM, scubascuba3 said:

As usual they haven't given enough detail, i.e. men on women or men on men. I'd expect women to have increase cases as well

I had this cancer, it was caused by HPV +16,Dr's told me it was probably something that I did 30 years ago. 

They said it was a very slow development. 

The good news was that it was HPV +16,this particular strain responds very well to treatment, I had radiotherapy and cisplatin treatment and have been free from it 12 years, they say it probably won't come back. 

Treatment is very hard to go through but I did it. 

I got a second opinion from a robotic surgeon who told me not to let them operate, or I would be dead in 2 weeks, tumour was around my corotid artery and he said if they touch that with a bypass I would surely die. I have no signs of it now. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Thanks isnt this what Michael Dougulas got throat cancer?

If not here, next trip home for my wellness going to ask doctor.

Yes michael Douglas had HPV +16,and had radiotherapy and chemo, which is standard treatment in most countries, according to a robotic surgeon who spent many years working in the USA and advised me in new Zealand 

59 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

I had this cancer, it was caused by HPV +16,Dr's told me it was probably something that I did 30 years ago. 

They said it was a very slow development. 

The good news was that it was HPV +16,this particular strain responds very well to treatment, I had radiotherapy and cisplatin treatment and have been free from it 12 years, they say it probably won't come back. 

Treatment is very hard to go through but I did it. 

I got a second opinion from a robotic surgeon who told me not to let them operate, or I would be dead in 2 weeks, tumour was around my corotid artery and he said if they touch that with a bypass I would surely die. I have no signs of it now. 

it was the back of the tongue or throat? how did you spot it?

On 5/29/2024 at 7:23 PM, MalcolmB said:

Something about Buddhism and the head being sacred and lowering it to a vagina is wrong.

anyone else heard that?

IMO that's BS. They quite happily ignore most of the religious dictats that they don't want to obey. Aren't Buddhists not allowed to eat meat?

As for the OP, why is it that everything that is enjoyable is not good for us?

Can't eat red meat, can't go out in the sun without a hat and sunscreen, sugar is evil, etc.

7 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Yes michael Douglas had HPV +16,and had radiotherapy and chemo, which is standard treatment in most countries, according to a robotic surgeon who spent many years working in the USA and advised me in new Zealand 

I assume you meant a surgeon that uses a robot, and not that the surgeon is a talking robot. 🙂

On 5/31/2024 at 10:53 PM, johng said:

Errrr. If all the girls have the vaccine they don't have to vaccinate the boys. It would cost twice as much to vaccinate all the boys as well and they can't get cervical cancer.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/2/2024 at 9:57 AM, scubascuba3 said:

it was the back of the tongue or throat? how did you spot it?

It was the left tonsil and lymph node was enlarged, I was beginning to have pain swallowing, I got a torch and looked down my throat and saw a growth. 

I had a Mra scan next day at Huahin, cost 10000 baht, diagnosis was cancer, I went straight to Nz and they said it was HPV +16 involving tonsil and 5 lymph nodes, lucky not tongue, after 7 weeks of treatment it was gone, however radiotherapy effect goes on for years and you have to take good care of your teeth, but I am okay now. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I assume you meant a surgeon that uses a robot, and not that the surgeon is a talking robot. 🙂

Well you can make it what you want but your comments are not funny, people want to know about this genuinely. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 9:06 AM, SunsetT said:

Might be sensible to get the vaccine.

It only works on younger men, for some reason. The rest of us simply have to take our chances! 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 12:03 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

they don't have to vaccinate the boys.

But what about

"Girls who are boys who like boys to be girls
Who do boys like they're girls, who do girls like they're boys"  ??  😋

Always should be someone you really love..... Oh, oh, oh, oh-oh, oh

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2024 at 8:42 PM, Flummoxed said:

A couple of years ago I has a nasal polyp removed by Electrocauterization. 18 months later another grew on the outside of my nose, but at the same point as the one on the inside. The latter was removed by laser surgery. I don't know what my risk is regarding cancer as a result, but it's certainly something I'm keeping an eye on. I've no idea if this is related to my wayward youth. I'm in my 50s now.

You've got a todger growing on your nose?

On 5/29/2024 at 2:23 PM, MalcolmB said:

anyone else heard that?

Next time with your Thai gal, ask if you can suck her toes.  See how that goes.  I've heard the request gets interesting responses.