Red Bull Heiress Sues for Defamation Over Son’s Hit-and-Run Scandal

webfact

Posted (edited)

My guess is the statute of limitations must be about up.

How long has she had to jump on a soapbox about this?

Edited by wombat

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Thanks to your son and all of the liars involved in the case, your family's reputation is 'down the pan'.

Is that why we see their products sold worldwide,and sponsorship's of everything?

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Yet in Thailand the flexibility of laws enables retaliatory compensation for damages arising from proven allegations.

Doubtless you have an example of retaliatory compensation being awarded for damages arising from proven allegations?

• Confused 4

53 minutes ago, connda said:

Anyway - the kid's probably just going to mark-time until the statutes of limitations run out an then come back to Thailand and laugh in the public's faces. 

"...until the statutes of limitations run out..."

There's only one charge, so there's only one statute of limitations to expire.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, 1happykamper said:

People who are not guilty do not take a plane out of Thailand and never return. 

Ridiculous lawsuit and disrespectful to all Thai people et al to think he is not guilty 

Chalerm has not done that, the suit is about him being defamed, nothing to do with his son's actions in leaving the country. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

If the presenter cant back up what he has said with actual evidence then absolutely he should be held accountable and taken to court. That would be the case in any country. 

Well said.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, connda said:
2 hours ago, jonclark said:

Interpols Red list (allegedly)

The kid is not on the Interpol Red List.  I've looked.  You won't find him.  That's just PR fluff.

Gawd.  Most of Interpol's tens of thousands of notices are not accessible to the public, that's why you can't see it unless you're an Interpol member police force!

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I would sue too. If Boss had been an Isarn farmer, it would have been 50,000 baht fine, definitely no jail, but as he is rich, drove a nice car, he has been hounded for years. 

The family has given millions of baht to the victims family. 

How many millions ! 300 mil ? Please enlighten us !

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...until the statutes of limitations run out..."

Only one charge remaining - the statute of limitations on the other charges has already been allowed to run its course.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

The father should be saying where the kid is hiding I mean how many people run over cop and kill him then get in private chat fly to Singapore then send a letter to the court saying he’s too sick to come bizarre world TIT

What good would revealing where Vorayuth is, do for Thai authorities?

"...how many people run over cop and kill him then get in private chat fly to Singapore then send a letter to the court saying he’s too sick to come".

That is not how it happened.  The police agreed to a number of postponements with his lawyer, one of which was due to illness, the rest for business reasons.  He left Thailand before an arrest warrant was issued.  He did not "send a letter to the court", at that time the court was not involved. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChicagoExpat said:

I'm commenting on Lou's proclivity to come into a thread and respond to 10 people in a row, often in unnecessarily insulting terms.

There must be some kind of restriction on when members can enter a thread and the number of comments that can be responded to, then?  Which rule is that, I'd like you to point it out to me. 

None of my posts contain insults, nor are they written in "insulting terms"; if you think there are, please quote them, specifically.  Have you reported those "insulting posts" to have them removed, if not why not?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

They should all be charged will aiding and abetting a criminal evade capture and charges for murder.  If they can prove they did not help and assist him, and have not helped and assisted him over the years, then and only then find them innocent and let them go.

They do not have to prove anything, those making the accusations are the ones who have to present proof. 

"...and abetting a criminal evade capture and charges for murder".

He is not yet a criminal, he has not even appeared in court yet and no one was "murdered".

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Geir Rasch said:

What honour? This family has no honour! They do what they can to keep a murderer outside of jail. There is no honour in that!

Who is "the murderer" in that family?  You cannot be referring to someone who has not even been charged with murder, never mind convicted, surely?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, khunjeff said:
50 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

.until the statutes of limitations run out..."

Only one charge remaining - the statute of limitations on the other charges has already been allowed to run its course.

"Only one charge remaining..." 

Exactly what I said, there's only one charge.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Red Bull Heiress Sues for Defamation Over Son’s Hit-and-Run Scandal 

Pretty stupid to let this happen .

Tell him to go to hell and bring his son  Back to justice in Thailand. 

Defamation , my @ss

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

laws made by the lazy, corrupt monopolies where even an honest review or a comment can get you fined and in jail for defamation, where even the truth cannot be used as defense...

that and laws with 15 years jail for the one that cannot be mentioned 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1