Trump found guilty of 34 counts of falsifying business records

webfact

6 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I think that the turnout will be much larger than 2020 as Democracy is on the ballot. 

The hysteria is strong in this one.

According to Statista, it doesn't even make the top 10. Inflation, health care, immigration, jobs are the top 4.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1362236/most-important-voter-issues-us/

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I think that the turnout will be much larger than 2020 as Democracy is on the ballot. 

It was in 2020. Trump gained 10 million more votes than in 2016.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

This was the prosecutor opening statement. Somehow different from your version.

This was a planned, coordinated, long-running conspiracy to influence the 2016 election — to help Donald Trump get elected through illegal expenditures to silence people who had something bad to say about his behavior, using doctored corporate records and bank forms to conceal those payments along the way,” prosecutor Matthew Colangelo said. “It was election fraud, pure and simple.”

He said both.

“This was a highly unusual deal even for tabloid journalism,” Colangelo said. "It was election fraud, plain and simple. We’ll never know — and it doesn't matter — whether this conspiracy was the difference maker in a close election.”

https://www.courthousenews.com/prosecutors-chide-trumps-criminal-conspiracy-in-opening-statements-of-nyc-criminal-trial/

Edited by jerrymahoney

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Simplistic ... but we all / intelligent people, know what is really at stake.

Here's a hint;

... Snowden

... Manning

... Assange

... JFK

... RFK

... now Trump

... so many more before them

Don't dare go against or expose the system of control, or pay dearly

Goodness. You really subscribe to the fringe conspiracies.

Snowden is always good for a laugh. As soon as he loses his propaganda value to putin, he'll be given the Edward Lee Howard treatment, which is an at-home tumble down the stairs resulting in his death.

I always laugh at people who think the NSA cares they exist or keeps watch on them. The same people willingly give their life's details away on social media, or algorithms are run on their shopping and credit card use to create a picture of them for advertisers. SOme people actually drive Chnese-made cars, totally oblivious to the fact every conversation they have inside their car is recorded and forwarded to the MSS via the manufacturer. It is aimed at domestic dissidents so the CCP can monitor its own people, but it also exists in every Chinese vehicle shipped anywhere in thre world.

But the NSA !!!!! Blah Blah Blah.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The chances of Trump being incarcerated even without becoming POTUS is IMO infinitesimal. The Secret Service will see to that, IMO.

Your opinion has no basis in fact. The SS has one job: to offer protection to their charge wherever he is. They have zero control over where law enforcement might send him. They have zero authority to dictate where he can or cannot go.

Should Judge Merchan sentence the convicted felon to prison, room would be made for SS agents to live in the same facility, though unlike the criminal, the agents would be free to come and go.

• Agree 2

I suppose paying off a prostitute to silence her was a book keeping Error. Mind you at least he didn't drive into a River like 1 of your other Presidents did and drown his Mia Noy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

I suppose paying off a prostitute to silence her was a book keeping Error. Mind you at least he didn't drive into a River like 1 of your other Presidents did and drown his Mia Noy.

No, this was a conspiracy to cover up election fraud. Try to keep up, OK?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The jury was vetted, selected and agreed upon by the Defense and Prosecutor attorneys showed impartiality in their verdict. Trump is still under gag order and if his crazy supporters attack any of the jurors and if that can be linked to Trump’s verbal or posting threats, he will be in a heap of real legal perils. 

Trump will be unable to resist taking revenge. From the Judge down, prosecutors, jurors, witnesses, probably even the sketch artist, (well some of his sketches weren't very flattering) they're all marked.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Was that not the ex-POTUS's brother?

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Somehow different from your version.

No -- only one Prosecution opening statement. And just as I said:

Even the Prosecution's opening statement said that they make no claim as to whether the Daniels dustup would have materially affected the 2016 election results.

3 minutes ago, newnative said:

Yaa!  Hope the judge runs the 34 convictions consecutively.  Trump is the new orange.  Lock him up.   Worst president in history and now a convicted felon.   Do Republicans really want this as their candidate?

Republicans - or at least the MAGA crowd - would nominate Beelzebub himself. Maybe they already have with Trump.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, newnative said:

Yaa!  Hope the judge runs the 34 convictions consecutively.  Trump is the new orange.  Lock him up.   Worst president in history and now a convicted felon.   Do Republicans really want this as their candidate?

That is one of the ironies of this election. Both parties seem stuck with candidates that they didn't really want.

4 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I do not agree.  Biden IMO has achieved many accomplishments. True, his age has him facing strong concerns.

The bottom line is he alone can beat Trump. I put my pants on one leg at a time.

No. A moldy ham sandwich could beat the convicted felon in 2024. Biden has done some wonderful things, but he ran on being a one-term president. His hubris overtook his previous promise.

I'm still not worried. After this conviction, 45 is toast, regardless of who runs against him.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Trump will be unable to resist taking revenge. From the Judge down, prosecutors, jurors, witnesses, probably even the sketch artist, (well some of his sketches weren't very flattering) they're all marked.

I detect sarcasm. Anyway even his most fanatic supporters are not totally invested in him as much as some of you may think. Reality that they may suffered the same fate as Henry Enrique 22 years in prison will wake up their senses.