My Aerox 155 is suddenly going off while riding. i have to start again,what could be reason

36 minutes ago, New Guy said:

changed engine oil,

Did you change the oil before or after it started "going off"  if the engine was starved of oil then it could have damaged the valves and piston/rings  leading to engine cut outs (seizures) after the engine gets a bit warm  low power and continued loss of engine oil leading to more damage and eventual complete failure   top end overhaul costs around 3000 baht ++++  depending...

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Issanman said:

Clogged fuel filter?

Ah yes ... simple, easy & inexpensive things ... first.

If not that .. off to the Yamaha dealer.  Though I hate working on anything, so dealer would be my first stop

• Agree 1

Before the oil change and after the oil change it has happened.  Once it starts running nothing happens. This happens sometimes only. 

Thank all of you for the help.

Nothing to do with oil that's just the lubricant if it starts engine is fine no mechanical damage. sounds like your accidentally hitting the idle switch. if you brake to a halt the bike will stall.

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

if it starts engine is fine no mechanical damage.

Not true,  I've had the run out of /low oil problem with my stepdaughters scooter   she would complain that it's "sticky" or "lethargic"  I took it for a quick spin and it seemed fine to me  but it was because the engine was cold  when the engine got up to temperature the problems start  eventually it would not start at all because the piston was totally scored  no compression.

top end rebuild x 2  because she didn't monitor the oil level after the first rebuild..yes the mechanic doing rebuilds not so diligent...anyway a brand new Honda Wave solved the problem 😋

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

sounds like your accidentally hitting the idle switch.

Yes highly possible or some electrical fault  causing the idle cut out to cut in... don't know if applicable to this bike but there could also be a cut out switch on the side stand.

2 hours ago, watchcat said:

I think this type of bike inhales gasohol, not oil.

Every engine that inhales gasahol (internal combustion) also requires oil if it wants to live a long life.

• Confused 1

For example, I will start the bike and pull the accelerator.  After 2 to 3 minutes of travel, the bike will slowly stop. Once I started the bike sometimes it accelerated too fast to meet the previous speed and sometimes these issues did not happen.  These happen sometimes only.  MY aero 155 has a "start and stop switch", which I always keep on start but no indication is showing on display. 

3 minutes ago, New Guy said:

After 2 to 3 minutes of travel, the bike will slowly stop. Once I started the bike sometimes it accelerated too fast to meet the previous speed and sometimes these issues did not happen.  These happen sometimes only

Impossible to diagnose from that   please take your scooter to the nearest Yamaha dealer/service centre and ask them to fix it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, New Guy said:

For example, I will start the bike and pull the accelerator.  After 2 to 3 minutes of travel, the bike will slowly stop. Once I started the bike sometimes it accelerated too fast to meet the previous speed and sometimes these issues did not happen.  These happen sometimes only.  MY aero 155 has a "start and stop switch", which I always keep on start but no indication is showing on display. 

If it happens whilst at speed it won't be the idle start stop switch. If it happens when you stop then it might be

Had a similar problem with a Honda Moove, riding along then it died, when it stopped it would start again, then repeat further down the road. It was the throttle position sensor, so replaced it and everything was good, until it happened again. This time it was the idle stop switch, just switched it on/off a few times and it's good again. Now I switch it on and off a few times every day and no problems so far. You need to take it to Yamaha or a competent mechanic with a computer code scanner.

Posted (edited)

The main seals on both sides of the Aerox engine are known for deteriorating and leaking into the cases. 
On the right side is the stator, mine got gummed up with oil and dirt and started randomly switching off while riding 

2500 at the shop and a new stair was swapped in.  I issue since 

IMG_2714.jpeg

IMG_2713.jpeg

IMG_2712.jpeg

IMG_2717.jpeg

IMG_2715.jpeg

IMG_2718.jpeg

IMG_2721.jpeg

Edited by MadMuhammad
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

clarification more info

Say when riding?  You going down road all of a sudden engine cuts out if that happen then what you do?

No indication you cant start up again?  If it doesnt should be a quick diagnose from shop.

Does the engine cut off at a stop?

My bag should have read more, dont sound like Idle, I looked at the 155, like the big tires but always had Honda based on your problem I'll stick with Honda. Had a Click.  12 years now my PCX, 125 plus KM, no major problems.

Edited by thailand49

engine cuts off but when i restart it works again. At the shop everything was fine. The technician at Yhamma dealer that i went to check didn't do anything at all, i told them about the problem and they told me to change the seal. There was no using of a computer or software run to check anything. Within 2 minutes they figured out the problem. They said my aerox 2109 model has an older version of seal with short length of wire but the one they are replacing has a long wire and it is the new version. They even said all the bike that are out now has a new version and mine is an older version. 

so i was a bit skeptical about it and asked another workshop, some said it was a wiring problem, and others said throttle switch problem. so, I'll go to another Yhamma dealer.

Though the OPs problem was apparently  solved, I'll post this anyway.  A rental was cutting out and stalling randomly.  Turned out the kickstand kill switch that turns the bike off when the stand is extended was defective and road bumps would actuate it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dddave said:

Though the OPs problem was apparently  solved, I'll post this anyway.  A rental was cutting out and stalling randomly.  Turned out the kickstand kill switch that turns the bike off when the stand is extended was defective and road bumps would actuate it.

That could definitely be a tricky one to figure out.