Tolerance & Respect

Posted (edited)

Recently I wrote about how I was swimming in a pool in Pattaya at the Arcadia Beach resort 

Three young children swam  near me , I saw a large Scottish lady approach me and basically told me to go Into another pool.on the other side ,I apologised and left 

In fact she was telling all makes even in the banana chairs nearby and I doubt anyone had a problem with it 

Now please let me get into this 

I have worked for a Government department now for 30 years

Next week as part of our yearly training I'm due to go for the Cultural respect diversity tolerance training course 

This is where we must learn to give people of the Muslim faith tolerance where they must be given breaks to pray 

Even gay people colleugiwho passionately kiss 💋,I observed this in the workplace last Monday night where I saw 2 male nurses passionately kiss each other and people commented it was "beautiful" 

I am observing a lot of workers from the arabic Pakistani background who some may not have the tolerance to accept their cultural differences,for eg a worker  from Pakistan who is a cleaner likes to shout out to people in his way "Move brother ,move out my way "!!!

I immediately smile and think it's beautiful 

Another couple of indian background cleaners in my workplace  constantly have the earpiece phone to their ear talking away to whoever in India and we must tolerate that and smile because this is indian culture nowadays to have a earpiece 

Please attend these workshops if you can to learn respect 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

The tolerance Respect cultural diversity workshop which goes for 8 hours in the day teaches us workers to see things as ... beautiful ,men kissing ,lesbian etc 

Thailand/Pattaya has all of the above..no need to sit for 8 hrs of boredom

• Haha 2

Im sitting outside up front on a ferry along one of the sides, and one guy climb up front of me and two families with young kids,  and light a joint, Im smiling, the families smiling and we all appreciate the destinct smell of a fat one! 

after all we respect people choice to do whatever they want, and he is just another tourist who doesnt know better, and this is Thailand the land of smiles

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Recently I wrote about how I was swimming in a pool in Pattaya at the Arcadia Beach resort 

Three young children swam  near me , I saw a large Scottish lady approach me and basically told me to go Into another pool.on the other side ,I apologised and left 

In fact she was telling all makes even in the banana chairs nearby and I doubt anyone had a problem with it 

Can you eleborate this one? Not sure I get the point here

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

the banana chairs nearby 

I googled, I came up with nothing.

If you don't want to work with dark skinned people, learn to type or sell something. Floor-mopping? We arrre the world.........

I was just staying in two BKK hotels that were 90% non-white. They were chill, but nothing is more inedible than a cheap Indian breakfast buffet. Stick to the omelette station. Avoid the brown sludge with potato's floating in it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Im sitting outside up front on a ferry along one of the sides, and one guy climb up front of me and two families with young kids,  and light a joint, Im smiling, the families smiling and we all appreciate the destinct smell of a fat one! 

How often does this happen to you? It seems like it happens to you a lot. 

Are you only ferry-traveling right before full moon parties and only to Koh Phagnan?

Edited by Prubangboy
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

How often does this happen to you? It seems like it happens to you a lot. 

Are you only ferry-traveling right before full moon parties and only to Koh Phagnan?

My post should be seen as a post in the threads nature 😉

Edited by Hummin

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

Respect comes from upbringing, my parents brought me up in the correct way

And yet you say that but don't hold doors open for people 

Look I'm going to admit I don't bother holding doors open I just let it bang as I walk through regardless if anyone is behind me.

Another thing I quickly learnt in Asia is to run to the line if there is a line up because other people will !

These are all survival modes I learnt.

Be selfish in Asia,only way to survive 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Look I'm going to admit I don't bother holding doors open I just let it bang as I walk through regardless if anyone is behind me.

Another thing I quickly learnt in Asia is to run to the line if there is a line up because other people will !

True genius. You're definitely over qualified for your mop job. Can't understand why you don't make lots of friends in Asia though. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I hold doors open for people, I would never let a door slam back into anyone's face (man or lady) Some years ago I got a mouthful for holding a door open for a lady

14 hours ago, ChumpChange said:

You mean something schizophrenic like you always do 3salung?

It's Friday, you must be due for another name change, Gamma! 🙄

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 2baht said:

It's Friday, you must be due for another name change, Gamma! 🙄

You rather I call you 3salung or mrs. bob smith? Or maybe just 2bit? So many great options. The world is your oyster, right bob?

Edited by ChumpChange

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

You rather I call you 3salung or mrs. bob smith? Or maybe just 2Bit? So many great options. 

Oh, you know me so well! 358!

Edited by 2baht
  • Confused 1

Just now, ChumpChange said:

You need more sleep bob. You did too much heavy drinking last night in Soi Tranny. 

What a tosser, I've never been a drinker, Gamma!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

If there a logical explanation to why you are so boring 2bit?

7.4/20.4   to   364/621....tell me about it Gamma!