Woman Sells Home for 1.5 Million Baht to Escape Noisy Neighbours

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy: LINE

A woman in Thailand, overwhelmed by her noisy neighbours, has sold her property for 1.5 million baht, below market value, to regain her peace. The ordeal, shared on a popular Facebook page, sheds light on the lengths she went to escape the disturbances.

The woman's story surfaced on the Facebook page อยากดังเดี๋ยวจัดให้ รีเทิร์น part 6, complete with CCTV footage showing the incessant noise and disruptions. The footage depicted loud singing, chatter, cooking noises, and obstructive parking by the neighbours.

Living in the Mueang Nakhon Ratchasima district, the woman had enjoyed a tranquil existence for only two years of the six she spent paying off her house. Her peaceful living conditions were shattered four years ago when the troublesome neighbours moved in next door.

“I have endured this for years. The noise from children and adults is constant, and they park their cars in front of my house, blocking the entrance,” the woman shared. “They cook noisily when I need to sleep and even sit on the street, staring into my home. They lack respect and privacy, with eight people living in a small townhouse.”

Her attempts to resolve the issues amicably proved futile. After several discussions with the neighbours, temporary improvements were overshadowed by recurring problems, leading to significant stress and a decline in her mental health.

The incident occurred in Talat subdistrict, with the woman, Dusadee, owning two townhouse units, while the neighbours occupied the adjacent one. Over the years, the neighbour’s household grew to eight, escalating the disturbances from children playing, loud conversations, and disruptive cooking at inconvenient times.

The parking situation added to her woes, with neighbours frequently blocking her driveway, complicating her daily routine. Repeated discussions failed to yield lasting solutions, compelling Dusadee to share her frustration online.

The constant stress has not only caused annoyance but also impacted her health. Suffering from a uterine fibroid, Dusadee's condition worsened due to stress, leading to insufficient rest and hormonal imbalances.

Faced with ongoing strife, she contemplated selling her beloved home. Dusadee and her mother discussed the prospect, reluctantly deciding that selling the house for 1.5 million baht—below market price—might be the only way to find peace and start anew elsewhere.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-06-12

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 9
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think for less than 1.5 million she could’ve soundproofed her house made the deal with the neighbors if they were required every week she give them a few hundred bht but it sure of option TIT

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

no sympathy for her whatsoever .....   welcome to the real Thailand lady,   this is a regular daily occurrence in your country that many farang have had to endure year after year while your police do nothing.    suck it up lady .....

• Confused 3
  • Sad 4
  • Love It 1

Seems she passed her problem on to an unlucky buyer. Maybe the new owner will put their foot down, or buy a shotgun.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

I think for less than 1.5 million she could’ve soundproofed her house made the deal with the neighbors if they were required every week she give them a few hundred bht but it sure of option TIT

She sold the house for 1.5 million, not 1.5million less than its value. The article doesn't state how much discount she gave. Maybe only a few thousand baht for all we know.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, loong said:

She sold the house for 1.5 million, not 1.5million less than its value. The article doesn't state how much discount she gave. Maybe only a few thousand baht for all we know.

to be fair its not really clear in the OP.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

has sold her property for 1.5 million baht, below market value, to regain her peace.

this sounds like she took a 1.5 million baht hit

did she sell her property for 1.5mb (actual selling price) which is below market value 

or

did she sell her property for 1.5mb below market value. which could be 6 million. so she then sold for 4.5 hypothetically. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

did she sell her property for 1.5mb (actual selling price) which is below market value 

or

did she sell her property for 1.5mb below market value. which could be 6 million. so she then sold for 4.5 hypothetically. 

She explained (in Thai) to anyone interested in buying the property, that she has a problem with the noisy neighbour, and for that reason she would discount the market price by 1.5 million baht

36 minutes ago, foxboy said:

She explained (in Thai) to anyone interested in buying the property, that she has a problem with the noisy neighbour, and for that reason she would discount the market price by 1.5 million baht

thanks. i didn't watch the video so it was a little confusing. watched now. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, stoner said:

or

Maybe read the article again.

12 hours ago, stoner said:

or

It is not worded very well ....  the way I see it,  she sold it for 1.5mil ,  and it looks to be worth about 1.8-2mil  

so she dropped 300k+ which was below market value to get out.  

Yes, the bad noisy selfish inconsiderate neighbour problem.

The main reason I have not purchased a residential property in Thailand.

If there is a problem, the law broken, the RTP will do nothing.

I have had a few noisy neighbours over the years in Thailand, but thankfully they were in rental properties and moved on.

• Agree 1

you have to sell your house under market value if you actually want someone to buy it
otherwise like many, you will just be stuck trying to sell for years, while newer options become available at similar prices
i sold my house about 3m under what it cost me (buy and renovate), and about 6 million under market value
but i sold it very quick, and in 2021, also sold my condos, some at 50% of market value

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Lots of Expats in the same situation.  Thought they bought the dream noisy neighbors or bars driving them insane, they can't wait to get out.

yes, but many are unwilling to take a loss or sell under market value 

Everywhere I have lived in CNX the quietest part of the day has been 0300 to 0700.  I can understand how she feels.  I have never considered buying a property in LOS.  Renting gives me more options. 

Edited by sqwakvfr