Who will win Euro 2024?

Seppius

On 7/6/2024 at 1:04 AM, still kicking said:

The first known ball game which also involved kicking took place In China in the 3rd and 2nd century BC under the name cuju. Cuju was played with a round ball (stitched leather with fur or feathers inside) on an area of a square. A modified form of this game later spread to Japan and was by the name of kemari practiced under ceremonial forms.

There are loads of ball games that involve kicking but have nothing to do with football.

On 6/15/2024 at 10:37 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

Anybody apart from England as we will never hear the end of iI, they still talk about 1966 if it was yesterday.

That’s mostly the media, but it would be the same if any team anywhere had won one world cup, heaven forbid the sweaties… they’d tell you about it every single day!

Yes bit naff the inventors not winning big for so long but tournament football is notoriously difficult to go all the way. Then again in recent years back to back Euros finals and a WC semi ain’t bad.

They’ve got this far by idling against mostly sides that park the bus, Slovenia etc, quite hard to break down and find space. The Dutch first half was more like England, playing an attacking side. Expect similar with Spain who England beat 2-1 in World Cup, mostly same squad. Anybody’s game. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

The Three Lions are Bound for Berlin 

Ive just watched the highlights and that second goal was started by Mainoo his pass forward, well done lad, 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

😴😴😴
Yes gawd forbid some English having the audacity to talk about their achievements. Esp not the English, anyone but England right. We’re not even allowed to wave our own flag or mention much of history even among other English folk for fear of upsetting some fragile soul. 🙄

Not talking about their achievements, they are saying how Southgate has tuned it arond

• Like 1

Southgate found a way to break up the smooth clockwork Swiss team, he will need to pull a rabbit to do the same against Spain

Come on England!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

On 7/10/2024 at 6:37 AM, Expat68 said:

To win seven matches in a row (90 minutes) in competitive matches is quite a feat, just saying 

All the noise before the game last night about the ref being convicted match fixer, I thought he did a good job

If England did manage to win the final, it would make it an even better accomplishment

1 hour ago, rankric said:

All down to the midfield in the final. Hatchet Rodri and maybe the trophy comes home

Mainoo was man of the match in the FA Cup Final against Rodri. Spain have been the standout team in the Euros and obviously favourites. Spain 8 wins on the bounce, that run WILL come to an end. Just saying 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, champers said:

You're a pretty clued-up guy.

Spain eight wins on the bounce in 90 minutes. That run WILL come to an end and I have a feeling it will be Sunday. Probably draw, England to win it in either extra time or penalties

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 1:51 AM, twizzian said:

It’s embarrassing to say that the inventors of football haven’t won a trophy for nearly sixty years. Sadly I don’t have high hopes for England this time

Well that could all change 🙂

• Like 1

Well as we are all aware it's

Spain  v England final Sunday 14th

After all the hype from the English Media  I hope England Live up to expectations and win 🏆 

Or there are going to be a lot of disappointed people including myself 💰 

• Like 1

I am not a big gambler, but I've put a few quid on England this time after their excellent performance against the Netherlands

• Like 1