Engaging with Russians during wartime in Thailand?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

They would off him if he started a forced draft in Moscow?

Possibly.

Getting there would be a big sign of failure of the plan.

Russian political culture murders weakness and failure.

Edited by Jingthing

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Possibly.

Getting there would be a big sign of failure of the plan.

Russian political culture murders weakness and failure.

So you think there has been no big signs of failure so far?

2 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

We all saw what they can do to protesters.

spray binary neuro-something over their underwear?

drop polonium into their tea?

or something even more sinister?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

So you think there has been no big signs of failure so far?

Yes there have!

But it has mostly hurt Russians that the Moscow elites don't care about.

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

He obviously does. 

Many people do.

Sides are being hardened. 

I agree. More division than ever before. America has not been a paragon of virtue with its leadership position. But, they have accomplished alot of good around the world. What has China done for the world, that did not have a loan attached to it? And Russia? One can only imagine the absolute hellhole the earth would be, with either of the two despots, Putin or Xi, leading the world. 

Edited by spidermike007

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

I agree. More division than ever before. America has not been a paragon of virtue with its leadership position. But, they have accomplished alot of good around the world. What has China done for the world, that did not have a loan attached to it? And Russia? One can only imagine the absolute hellhole the earth would be, with either of the two despots, Putin or Xi, leading the world. 

Thanks @spidermike007, been wanting to say the same for some time. However much people knock the US, and of course it's knockability right now is in the ascendant, over my lifetime of 74 years, it's been an ally, and a source of huge pleasure. But like with any friend, you have to take the rough with the smooth. But I ask the Putinistas, what has Russia come up with in that time? 40 years of post war cold war. No artistic achievement, films, music, literature, the fine arts, very little of anything of cultural interest, doped up sports people, rubbish cars. Made in Russia? Not a brand name I'm familiar with. But oil and gas? Yeah, that's it's good fortune, is all.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JoseThailand said:

You think if Putin starts a draft in Moscow, that will affect the elites?

Putin made a deal with the people.

Stay out of politics and I will provide stability.

The mobilization widely hitting Moscow would put pressure on Russian elites to make a big change away from Putin as they would smell total failure.

Right now Putin is trying to shield himself with a big purge of anyone but relatives and extreme loyalists 

He knows he is in trouble.

He is not God. He is headed for downfall 

He's holding out for November hoping Trump wins.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, susanlea said:

China/US/Russia all cancel each other out. I think cancer or getting old is 100 times more of an issue.

China is interesting.

They are not fully in the axis (Iran, Russia, NK) yet. They want nothing to do with being economically isolated from the west and Putin's insane nuclear threats. They have the power to stop Putin, not that they will. 

15 hours ago, bradiston said:

Thanks @spidermike007, been wanting to say the same for some time. However much people knock the US, and of course it's knockability right now is in the ascendant, over my lifetime of 74 years, it's been an ally, and a source of huge pleasure. But like with any friend, you have to take the rough with the smooth. But I ask the Putinistas, what has Russia come up with in that time? 40 years of post war cold war. No artistic achievement, films, music, literature, the fine arts, very little of anything of cultural interest, doped up sports people, rubbish cars. Made in Russia? Not a brand name I'm familiar with. But oil and gas? Yeah, that's it's good fortune, is all.

Very true. They have contributed very little. They take and take and give very little back. And they are major antagonists. Not in a good way, at all. Their leaders are among the most corrupt in the world, and serial killing seems to be a hobby. 

For a nation that used to have very rich culture, their decline has been truly sad. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

do you think all the 'aid' to Ukraine is free? they will owe the US forever now, those 12 trillion in minerals certainly won't be going into the Ukraine coffers !

16 hours ago, bradiston said:

most of the labels on stuff you use and buy daily says 'made in China', don't see many with 'made in the USA'!

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Putin made a deal with the people.

Stay out of politics and I will provide stability.

The mobilization widely hitting Moscow would put pressure on Russian elites to make a big change away from Putin as they would smell total failure.

Right now Putin is trying to shield himself with a big purge of anyone but relatives and extreme loyalists 

He knows he is in trouble.

He is not God. He is headed for downfall 

He's holding out for November hoping Trump wins.

yes, because in all the wars to date, politicians Children and family members have been the first to sign up!!

8 hours ago, AlexRich said:

In case anyone thought that Jeffrey Sachs was an honest and objective commentator. The Hill did a fact check on him.

For anyone who hasn't fallen for Kremlin mouthpieces in the West, of which there are many. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/international/4727046-from-economist-to-kremlin-mouthpiece-the-troubling-transformation-of-jeffrey-sachs/

yes, written by a totally neutral party!!

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 09.43.20.png

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

China is interesting.

They are not fully in the axis (Iran, Russia, NK) yet. They want nothing to do with being economically isolated from the west and Putin's insane nuclear threats. They have the power to stop Putin, not that they will. 

you really are stuck in the cold war era aren't you!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, frank83628 said:

yes, because in all the wars to date, politicians Children and family members have been the first to sign up!!

You sound ignorant of the social contract Putin specifically made with the Russian public in exchange for them supporting a dictatorship. He's already broken that contract but it's relative and there is likely a breaking point   Putin is trying to avoid that breaking point. He's obsessed with the memory of the fate of Gaddafi.

Edited by Jingthing

On 6/20/2024 at 6:05 AM, frank83628 said:
On 6/20/2024 at 5:37 AM, charleskerins said:

Putin propagandist

how long did it take you to come up with that?

For me, it was the nonsense in @4MyEgo's third paragraph.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 10:06 AM, Lacessit said:

When people suggest I should have an open mind on some issue, it is usually because theirs need to be closed for repairs.

If NATO is a load of crap, why does everyone want to join it?

You seem to be unfamiliar with Santayana's most frequently-repeated aphorism. Move forward and stop with the BS insults the dead.

Your obviously one of those who cannot move on then.

On 6/21/2024 at 12:05 PM, Jingthing said:

A legitimate military target.

Duh.

So it was legitimate for Ukraine to bomb the bridge which is in Crimea, not Russia.

Do you hear yourself.....LOL

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

So it was legitimate for Ukraine to bomb the bridge which is in Crimea, not Russia.

Do you hear yourself.....LOL

Crimea is illegally occupied by Russia.

The bridge built by Putin links to actual Russia and has been regularly used to supply Putin's genocidal war efforts.

Happily that bridge will be completely taken out soon.

It's a very major military goal of the Ukrainian defenders.

Do you hear yourself?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/07/17/crimea-bridge-kerch-ukraine-russia/

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Crimea is illegally occupied by Russia.

The bridge built by Putin links to actual Russia and has been regularly used to supply Putin's genocidal war efforts.

Happily that bridge will be completely taken out soon.

It's a very major military goal of the Ukrainian defenders.

Do you hear yourself?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/07/17/crimea-bridge-kerch-ukraine-russia/

the had a referendum, the majority voted to join Russia.

• Haha 1