5 years license renewal - Failed Peripheral Vision Color Test

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is it ???...   Why don't we have these tests in Europe where road safety is considered paramount ?

I'm not saying they are good tests, we know the reaction test and depth perception test are absolute rubbish, but Thais consider it important, thai logic

29 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You should tell him the colour of your car...      because the colour of the vehicle in your periphery is of the utmost importance, right ??...    This is why we have these colour vision tests to obtain our driving license in the wes, erm... right ?????   :whistling:  

You will be fine unless you drive a red, yellow, or green car.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

You will be fine unless you drive a red, yellow, or green car.

Indeed... I find it incredibly important to spot the red and yellow cars in my periphery... the green car's I'm really not bothered about !!! 

I also find it incredibly important that when I'm sat at traffic lights but only looking sideways that I see the traffic lights changing..   :whistling:

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Load of add's in the FB groups they will do the test for you no need to come to the test center, 100% legal so they say, 

I found one,

Obtaining your drivers license is 100% legal. You don't have to come to the exam by yourself in transport. We are taking the exam for you

- Motorcycle 2000 baht.

- Автомобиль 3000 бат

- Тор. 2. 4500 бат

- Тор. 3. 5500 бат

- Thor. 4. 6500 baht>< You do not have to take the test yourself in transport, we do the test for you. If you are interested in getting your driving license

100% legal 😂. But cheap. Thai friend paid THB 10k for car driver's license in Banglamung two years ago.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Load of add's in the FB groups they will do the test for you no need to come to the test center, 100% legal so they say, 

I found one,

Obtaining your drivers license is 100% legal. You don't have to come to the exam by yourself in transport. We are taking the exam for you

- Motorcycle 2000 baht.

- Автомобиль 3000 бат

- Тор. 2. 4500 бат

- Тор. 3. 5500 бат

- Thor. 4. 6500 baht>< You do not have to take the test yourself in transport, we do the test for you. If you are interested in getting your driving license

Is this for real?

Edited by unblocktheplanet

2 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Is this for real?

I dont know but the add's are all over FB everyday. and they are posting photo's of guys holding a license both farang and Thai's

13 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I dont know but the add's are all over FB everyday. and they are posting photo's of guys holding a license both farang and Thai's

I've seen posts on forums saying that they are SCAMS !!!

• Confused 1

On 6/20/2024 at 1:35 PM, stubuzz said:

I Couldn't differentiate the colours on the peripheral test. The lady seemed happy to tell me I had failed and to come back tomorrow. Wearing glasses makes the test more difficult, so I will try to push the chair back a bit before I try again.

Most drivers in Thailand have trouble with differentiating between red and green.

Good luck on the next try and come through with flying colours.

16 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I've seen posts on forums saying that they are SCAMS !!!

I always believed that too, until I saw a guy I know holding his license, I haven't seen him to ask him, 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/7/2024 at 5:04 PM, richard_smith237 said:

You should tell him the colour of your car...      because the colour of the vehicle in your periphery is of the utmost importance, right ??...    This is why we have these colour vision tests to obtain our driving license in the wes, erm... right ?????   :whistling:  

No but traffic lights and warning lights are.

5 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

No but traffic lights and warning lights are.

Please tell me which 'traffic lights and colour dependent warning lights' only exist in your periphery vision ???

Also please tell me, if this is such an important test, why don't they carry out such tests in any of the countries in the EU ?  (countries where the driving standards are considered far higher and the road safety records far better).

Just some updated (??) information from the Chatuchak Transportation Department:

I had my appointment for 5 years driving license renewal last week and was also very much concerned about this test as I struggled with it in the past.

While being in the queue in the "examination room" I noticed that they have now some written english instructions on all the testing stations and I was already glad when I saw that they apparently only wanted to test the Green and Red colors when doing the peripheral vision test which would have been ok with me as I struggled to differentiate between Green and Yellow in the past. 

However, to my great surprise and might I say relief, the actual test only involved to tell the examiner on which side the (light white/gray) light was turned on!! This is of course is much easier and actually maybe also makes a little bit of sense to test to see if somebody can see anything in their peripheral vision.

Done for nearly 6 years now again with all this BS....;-) 

• Like 1