A New Beginning in Thailand

A well-written OP, even if it may be complete BS.

Rule 1 - Leave 70% of your assets in your home country.

Rule 2 - Never put more money into Thailand than you can afford to lose.

Apart from that, enjoy.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Conan The Barbarian said:

Sitting alone in my quiet flat in Manchester, the silence is only broken by the ticking clock on the wall. At 53, life had taken an unexpected turn. My wife of thirty years left me for another man, leaving me heartbroken and lost. The divorce was quick, and suddenly I found myself drowning in loneliness, trying to navigate a world that felt alien.

Is that how you talk in Manchester? No wonder your wife left you, you and your ticking clock... :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Conan The Barbarian said:

Sadly you have no guts to say out loud about yourself

It doesn't take guts to expose yourself here, it takes stupidity!

13 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

It's used a lot in the UK...

Some convicts made it back? It is true that many British tourists seem to have a heavy colonial heritage, especially those in Pattaya.

• Confused 1

Same thing happened to me except I met my future wife on Thai Love Links website. Thank God I hit the jackpot, and it has been smooth sailing ever since 2010. For me the key was having a very discerning eye and looking for inconsistencies in her tales and behavior. If she is a flake, it will show up sooner rather than later if you have a keen eye. Don't be naive, and be on the lookout for the red flags. If they start to pile up, then run for the hills as fast as you can before she steals your heart and your money. I would say that the odds are not in your favor that you will find a good one on the first go around.

• Haha 1

My advice ... give yourself more time for the psychological changes taking place. After regaining some semblance of a core balance for who you are, visit Thailand again for a month or so ... in different locales and at an arm's length from "Apple". You will learn one of the appeals for Thai life is there are many "Apples". Take your time above all and do get a balance with your sustainable financial balance ... never, never loose control of your financial wellbeing. Anticipating retirement, I visited Thailand 4 times at a month each visit. Explored different potential cities ... and the "Apples".  Retired in Chiang Mai 2011. After 8 months settled in with a Thai GF which lasted 4 years (her family responsibilities took precedence). My Thai Wife and I have been together since 2017, marrying in 2021 ... Oh, Thai smile that lights up a room, traditionally raised to take care of her man, 26 years younger ... Yes, you can be much happier here ... but if you do not take the time needed, you can be much unhappier in a different culture, different language, distant from familiar home country surroundings ... good luck in your journey.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Conan The Barbarian said:

The vibrant scenes of markets, beaches, and bustling cities sparked something in me.

Was that spark located midship?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Conan The Barbarian said:

Sitting alone in my quiet flat in Manchester, the silence is only broken by the ticking clock on the wall. At 53, life had taken an unexpected turn. My wife of thirty years left me for another man, leaving me heartbroken and lost. The divorce was quick, and suddenly I found myself drowning in loneliness, trying to navigate a world that felt alien.

One restless evening, flipping through channels, a documentary about Thailand caught my eye. The vibrant scenes of markets, beaches, and bustling cities sparked something in me. On a whim, I booked a ticket. Thailand seemed like a place for a fresh start, a chance to find myself again.

Touching down in Bangkok, the warm, humid air enveloped me like a promise of change. The city's energy awakened something dormant within.

A week into my trip, I met Apple. She worked at a beachside bar in Phuket—radiant, with a smile that lit up the room. Apple was in her mid-thirties, stunningly beautiful, and unexpectedly caring. In her company, I felt valued and alive in ways I hadn't in years.

We explored nearby islands, shared meals under starlit skies, and had conversations that spanned our different lives. Apple's warmth and affection revitalized me, yet doubts lingered. Was I being naive, chasing a fleeting connection with someone much younger? Was this just a way to escape my pain, or could it be the start of something real?

Reflecting on my journey, I turn to you for advice. How did you embrace change after unexpected upheaval? Your insights and experiences would mean a lot as I navigate this unfamiliar, yet promising, chapter in life.

It just need a screenwriter to turn it to a Netflix movie🤔

Chat GPT Story deserves a Chat GPT reply

"Well, sounds like you've gone from 'Tick-tock' to 'Thai adventure!' Who knew a ticking clock in Manchester would lead to island-hopping with Apple in Thailand? Life really does have a knack for surprising us!"

19 hours ago, Conan The Barbarian said:

The vibrant scenes of markets, beaches, and bustling cities sparked something in me.

5 star classified ChatGTP phrase.

19 hours ago, HugoFastor said:

What could possibly go wrong?

IMG_6409.jpeg.4681906f6bfc98ce1b8c546f559953c3.jpeg

Great book - read it years ago and, as the French say  “Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose “ – the more things change, the more they stay the same…

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And just in case you think that maybe you should think again, then read Private Dancer by Stephen Leather. You can buy it in bookshops and even download it for free. It will open your eyes. Enjoy!

61L4oRfHvbL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Are you still in Thailand? I'll be happy to post the above book to you for 300 baht.  It'll save you from purchasing it new and many more Baht in the future.  Just PM me to get the ball rolling. 👍🏽

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Conan The Barbarian said:

A week into my trip, I met Apple. She worked at a beachside bar in Phuket—radiant, with a smile that lit up the room. Apple was in her mid-thirties, stunningly beautiful, and

had 2 dongs..🤣

If this is your first time, chances are you will go through with it and will not listen to advice much.  You’ve met a prostitute, but to you she’s more than that. Go and have fun but in the back of your head plant the seed that it may go pear shaped in the near future and you may have to walk away taking a loss. After a few similar experiences you’ll know better and won’t be needing to seek advice. Good luck mate!

Edited by AustinRacing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Are you still in Thailand? I'll be happy to post the above book to you for 300 baht.  It'll save you from purchasing it new and many more Baht in the future.  Just PM me to get the ball rolling. 👍🏽

I attached the original pdf file from Stephen Leather which he published for free himself.

You can read the copyright information at the end of his book.

By the way, this version contains a couple of parts which were never printed.

Enjoy!

STEPHEN LEATHER WRITES

Private Dancer was one of the first downloadable books as I made it available as a free PDF.

Stephen Leather - Private Dancer

private-dancer.pdf

• Thanks 1

Unrealistic expectations on both sides, cultural differences, lack of common language and interests can lead to frustration and grind down the relationship in the best of circumstances. The worst is dishonesty where she maintains a relationship with a Thai man all along and drains your resources to pay him enough to keep him sweet while he's doing younger Thai chicks with your money. 

Sometimes it works out but be well aware of the pitfalls.  

What is best said is 'be cautious'.  Bar girls, and there are many good ones but others care more about your wallet and generosity than you as a person/love interest.  Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket may be some of the worst places to find the next love of your life.  Most of the men they meet in those places know most foreigners have come there for a 2- or 3- week holiday and they know how to get what they want and need most from the men they meet.  It seems to be a 'get what you can while you can' attitude.  Try some less touristy places such as Ban Chang in Rayong.  Possibly more choices in the Jomtien Beach area although their attitudes may be similar to those in Pattaya.  Don't be concerned about the age difference even with the girls not working in the bars.  Try chatting with the girls working in the 7/11's, TESCO, Big C, banks and even the hospital if you have a need to go there.  That said, I am 84 and the lady I have been with about 2 years is 40 and beautiful.  She has a university degree, previously married to a Norwegian man who travelled internationally for work, she had the opportunity to go with him on many trips to many countries including the USA and the Uk and several others.  She also has good English and we can even discuss the stock market in the USA.  Because of the very different cultures, one thing to look for in a lady is whether the two of you are able to sit down and have an intelligent and interesting conversation about things that interest both of you.  Be careful and good luck!

On 6/20/2024 at 10:04 AM, Conan The Barbarian said:

We explored nearby islands, shared meals under starlit skies, and had conversations that spanned our different lives. Apple's warmth and affection revitalized me, yet doubts lingered. Was I being naive, chasing a fleeting connection with someone much younger? Was this just a way to escape my pain, or could it be the start of something real?

Reflecting on my journey, I turn to you for advice. How did you embrace change after unexpected upheaval? Your insights and experiences would mean a lot as I navigate this unfamiliar, yet promising, chapter in life.

Enjoy it fully – if you are prepared to be a provider and can afford it – I talk from experience...:thumbsup:

On 6/20/2024 at 3:04 PM, Conan The Barbarian said:

Apple was in her mid-thirties, stunningly beautiful, and unexpectedly caring. In her company, I felt valued and alive in ways I hadn't in years.

Sounds like Apple was rode hard and put away wet.

What's in it for Apple to be so agreeable to saddo time wasters?

And:

Can you share the bar name where I can go and look in on Apple?