Thai girlfriend working in a bar

On 6/21/2024 at 6:37 AM, jjstephen said:

I met my Thai fiancé on a dating site around 19 months ago. We started chatting all day every day and things got pretty serious. We are now engaged and will get married after we meet in person for the first time, I am planning to visit Bangkok in November and tie the knot.

My fiancé is a nurse and works at a major hospital in Bangkok (which I will not name for obvious reasons). Around 6 months into our relationship she started working part time at a bar in Pattaya.

On the weekends she will go down to Pattaya to work in the bar and then return back to the hospital on Monday morning. She is doing this, working 7 days a week, to help pay off her student loans.

As I have never visited Thailand before, I started to read about Thai culture online to prepare myself. I found many posts online (for example this) which say that bar girls are 'working' and not really relationship material. But I feel like my fiancé is different as even one of the senior doctors at her hospital is involved in running the bar that she works at.

I confronted my fiancé and she assured me that she only earns money from tips and drinks in the bar. Two weeks ago a Canadian guy asked to take her out of the bar. She refused him and said that she felt scared and embarrassed by it.

Basically my question is this: Is it true that all bar girls are 'working' and going to customer's hotel rooms (even women that work there part time)? Or is she is really telling the truth here and should be trusted? Is the information posted online true or is it false? She has never asked me for money before but she did say that in November I will need to pay the hospital for her to have time off work as she already used her annual leave when her brother was sick.

I am also looking for advice about where to stay in Pattaya? Where is a reasonably priced hotel and what is the best place on the island to stay?

Thanks in advance.

She’s Freelancing to make ends meet , most nurses I met don’t have time off work 12 hour days 6 days a week , I was in hospital 21 days they were all single , I think she is scamming  you of she not a nurse maybe an aide or maid in hospital 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Irish star said:

She’s Freelancing to make ends meet , most nurses I met don’t have time off work 12 hour days 6 days a week , I was in hospital 21 days they were all single , I think she is scamming  you of she not a nurse maybe an aide or maid in hospital 

Nonsense! Plenty of nurses are working part time in Walking Street.

image.jpeg.667e9d7f26469b7681fb4ddd49174fe3.jpeg

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

A number of reported flame and bickering posts and replies, which are just personal insults have been removed.

Please noted, if you are going to use the report button, do not then get involved in the bickering,, and become part of the problem, this just deflects the topic and results in further bickering posts.

• Thanks 2

First of all, 19 months and you never visited her ! Didnt ever go to Thailand.

Fiance, so you want to marry!  OK some people have ideas, but it is up to you.

Your life. 

You come with the Canadian and she refused him, afraid.

She is just doing her work and even told you.

SO looks like, she is serious with you. 

If she is bad, she doesnt tell you.

But if YOU are so serious, then pay off the student loan, so she can relax. 

She is a nurse? Then she works shifts, amazing yours is on a steady weekjob.

1 hour ago, Irish star said:

This has to be a Troll, no one could be that Stupid 

Last week news about the Sweede proves they exists for real 😳 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems that many of the relatively young posters on here haven't read the books published back in the 70's about westerners attempting to "save" girls from the indignity of a life of prostitution.  One of the most  impressive was "Patpong Sisters" written by an American woman who became an intimate friend of a woman who worked in Patpong.  She concluded that you could take a girl out of Patpong but you couldn't take the Patpong out of the girl.  The book makes for interesting reading.  

• Like 1

I went with a real nurse a few times. It was a bit inconvenient due to her weird working hours (at a Pattaya hospital). She was definitely a nurse (I used to work at a hospital myself).

Very lovely lady, maybe 95% of a model.

She was eventually swept up by a rich sponsor.

On 9/6/2024 at 9:59 PM, Lacessit said:

I rate your chances at about 10% she is being truthful.

You really are naive if you expect the other women to tell you she is not doing barfines. The first lesson one learns in Asia is, you get told what the person you are talking to thinks you want to hear.

There are some women in bars who do work for tips and lady drinks only. They would earn anywhere between 50 and 300 baht for about 8 hours of sitting around. Sometimes nothing.

OTOH, they can earn anywhere from 1000 -3000 baht for going with a customer for an hour or two. The temptation of easy money.

I don't rate your chances very highly, but you never know.

Bargirls who are "drinks only" typically have a Farang boyfriend who sits in the bar, nursing one drink during her entire shift.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2024 at 1:17 AM, Danderman123 said:

Bargirls who are "drinks only" typically have a Farang boyfriend who sits in the bar, nursing one drink during her entire shift.

Is that what you do? 

Hey, what happened to your bargirl thread, where you were bragging about how many prostitutes you were paying to have sex, and providing tips on how to cheat them? You should update it.