How do you deal with connotations and assumptions you're a sex tourist?

Mekmong MICK

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

With that come back, you're obviously just troll.  

You travelled to TH to meet young people to have sex with and maybe a relationship.   You ARE a sex tourist.   Sexpat if having  long term visa.

Didn't read all the post (after the above) ... but what is your age ?  Wanting to date minors (18 & 19 yr olds), hope you are not older than 30.   

20 yrs old is considered an adult in TH.   Let that sink in ... :coffee1:

Wow what a meltdown

I'm 21yo, handsome and have owned and sold my own business. I appreciate Thai culture and want a meaningful relationship. 

Good on you for not reading and making assumptions 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

At 21, you're certainly a "tourist", so the chance of stying here long enough to establish a genuine relationship is virtually nil.

If it bothers you so much, just consider yourself as a "tourist who has sex".

I'm after companionship more than anything. Someone I can spend my profits with and enjoy seeing the sights of Thailand like the Mekong, Angkor Wat, Golden Triangle etc.

I've been living in Hua Hin for 2 weeks now so I'm hardly even a tourist any more

• Sad 1

The reason I keep gravitating back to Thailand is my love of ancient architecture. My love of Sukhothai design is lifelong. The older ones with the Khmer influence are especially appealing to me. I have been to Wat Mahathat 30 times. The influence of Singhalese, with the Lotus bud chedi, ( a symbol of purity and Divine birth) and the four images of the Buddha, are profound. I especially like the Wat Chedi Chet Thaeo in Si Satchanalai. I am also deeply drawn to the Hariphunchai architecture found in the Sukhotahi Historical park. I used to travel to Bagan in Burma often. It is not possible now, but the Pahtothamya Temple is one of my favorites, with the 11th century paintings of sea creatures.

This shuts them up quickly. They look at me like I am from another planet. Wow. I had no idea you were so passionate about archaeology.

• Haha 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

The reason I keep gravitating back to Thailand is my love of ancient architecture. My love of Sukhothai design is lifelong. The older ones with the Khmer influence are especially appealing to me. I have been to Wat Mahathat 30 times. The influence of Singhalese, with the Lotus bud chedi, ( a symbol of purity and Divine birth) and the four images of the Buddha, are profound. I especially like the Wat Chedi Chet Thaeo in Si Satchanalai. I am also deeply drawn to the Hariphunchai architecture found in the Sukhotahi Historical park. I used to travel to Bagan in Burma often. It is not possible now, but the Pahtothamya Temple is one of my favorites, with the 11th century paintings of sea creatures.

This shuts them up quickly. They look at me like I am from another planet. Wow. I had no idea you were so passionate about archaeology.

Yes I like all the old ancient boring stuff too and part of the reason I came to Thailand.

Most of the posters in here have hardly left Khao San Rd by the looks of things

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mekmong MICK said:

Three recent examples;

1) I was having a Tiger Beer at a bar when a family of 4 walked in to use the bathroom. I was at a table with 3 beautiful Thai ladies and the mother shook her head

2) I was giving my waitress a tip (she was wearing no top) and the couple who walked in asking for directions immediately left saying "this is why we should have holiday'd in New Zealand "

3) I was walking along the road near the beach bending to get a better view of a Thai lady (may have been a ladyboy upon getting closer) when a Western kid said to his Mum "Mum, I think this man has lost something. He looks like he's trying to find something he dropped". The Mum hurried her kid away and look horrified at me

you have to be Bob's twin brother

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

With that come back, you're obviously just trolling.  

You travelled to TH to meet young people to have sex with and maybe a relationship.   You ARE a sex tourist.   Sexpat if having  long term visa.

Didn't read all the post (after the above) ... but what is your age ?  Wanting to date minors (18 & 19 yr olds), hope you are not older than 30.   

FYA ... 20 yrs old is considered an adult in TH.   Let that sink in ... :coffee1:

I was 27 when I moved here and didn't date 18 year olds, it didn't feel right. Anyone over 30 doing it is sick, anyone over 40 is a pervert, anyone over 50 should be banished from the town, especially here in Hua Hin. It has happened before. 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Mekmong MICK said:

21, do we have a problem?

after reading your later replies it's obviously just another wind up thread, no 21 year old would get strange looks hanging out with 18-20 years old girls.

Some of your other claims...

Being in a bar with a topless lady when someone comes in asking for directions...really a topless bar in Hua Hin?

Owning a 900 dollar suit and owning a Raptor, yep thats the height of success.

I should know better replying to these click bait threads but it's a slow Friday at work.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bangkokhatter said:

after reading your later replies it's obviously just another wind up thread, no 21 year old would get strange looks hanging out with 18-20 years old girls.

Some of your other claims...

Being in a bar with a topless lady when someone comes in asking for directions...really a topless bar in Hua Hin?

Owning a 900 dollar suit and owning a Raptor, yep thats the height of success.

I should know better replying to these click bait threads but it's a slow Friday at work.

Sorry it's slow friend. I hope the thread has provided somewhere to you away from your dullard job

Most posters in here probably have $70 tailored suits; mine is a Hugo Boss. And Raptor's are elite and the best on the market for utilities 

Just now, KhunLA said:

you're 52, overweight, and want to date 18-19-20 yr olds.  

You're a sex tourist.  Come to TH because you can't do that in home country.

21, can bench press 130kg and wealthy enough to live in Hua Hin.

I come to Thailand to become further acquainted with the region and better my understanding of the place 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

[quote]

I own a Ford Raptor

[/quote]

And with that off-the-cuff phrase, I recognise immediately the real purpose of your posts (as a long-time forum lurker of course).

Listen, I have been a forum member for more than 20 years!  I know what's going on.  It's very similar to spam emails that I get about investments.  Almost every email signs off with 'Get back to me'.  It's a standard phrase used by scammers.

So I for one won't be providing you with advice about getting a younger, 'real' girlfriend.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

you're 52, overweight, and want to date 18-19-20 yr olds.  

You're a sex tourist.  Come to TH because you can't do that in home country.

Fit 52yos don't date 20yos back home either. Considered creepy. In Thailand most don't care. If religious people and gay people can have festivals and pride days why can't a fat 52yo be proud? 

• Haha 1

Just now, simon43 said:

[quote]

I own a Ford Raptor

[/quote]

And with that off-the-cuff phrase, I recognise immediately the real purpose of your posts (as a long-time forum lurker of course).

Listen, I have been a forum member for more than 20 years!  I know what's going on.  It's very similar to spam emails that I get about investments.  Almost every email signs off with 'Get back to me'.  It's a standard phrase used by scammers.

So I for one won't be providing you with advice about getting a younger, 'real' girlfriend.

If you have been a forum poster for 20 years you probably need to touch some grass and find a real hobby friend

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

Fit 52yos don't date 20yos back home either. Considered creepy. In Thailand most don't care. If religious people and gay people can have festivals and pride days why can't a fat 52yo be proud? 

He can, as can sex tourist ... but own it :coffee1:

He's just a troll, and won't own that.   Added to that list, as don't need to read his drivel.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, simon43 said:

[quote]

I own a Ford Raptor

[/quote]

Also a shame 20 years a member and you still can't quote properly 

1 minute ago, Mekmong MICK said:

21, can bench press 130kg and wealthy enough to live in Hua Hin.

I come to Thailand to become further acquainted with the region and better my understanding of the place 

Hua Hin is cheap. I paid 450 baht a night with pool and gym. Forget about opinions. Go get what woman/man you want. Life is too short to worry about opinions. Most people are morons so who cares what they think.

1 minute ago, Gecko123 said:

Surprised people think someone in their early 20's would be exempt from the stigma of being a sex-tourist. Last time I was down on Sukumvit I saw plenty of young foreign guys with what looked to me like their bar girl vacation  girlfriends.

This so much.

It proves the prejudice by the majority on here

3 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Surprised people think someone in their early 20's would be exempt from the stigma of being a sex-tourist. Last time I was down on Sukumvit I saw plenty of young foreign guys with what looked to me like their bar girl vacation  girlfriends.

He's not in his early 20's ... 

image.png.e7361199eb351666560ab422616eb0dc.png

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mekmong MICK said:

Hi

Long tan lurker first time poster.

I recently sold up my dent repair business and relocated to Hua Hin. I was hoping to meet a nice Thai girl between 18 - 20 but I find it difficult with all the disapproving stares I get from farang passers-by. How do you deal with the attention from Westerners scolding at you? 

Go to Pattaya/Jomtien where you belong, and where 18-20 year olds are available at a price.

If/when you settle down, then maybe go to Hua Hin and find a nice older woman (ideally without any kids).

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Go to Pattaya/Jomtien where you belong, and where 18-20 year olds are available at a price.

If/when you settle down, then maybe go to Hua Hin and find a nice older woman (ideally without any kids).

Why do I belong there?

I don't want to pay, I'm not one of those farang, although I can easily afford it 

• Sad 1