Presidential debate is over, have your opinions changed ? What was your take ?

CharlieH

14 hours ago, stoner said:

to me this is exactly why this election means nothing really. 2028 is where it's at. 

1. in 2028 once the election is over and a new administration comes in the whole fascist right wing bla bla bla will finally be over. those who have been and continue to spew that narrative will have to account. 

2. (god i sound like biden - point 2 - let me be clear - oh the irony joey) the possible table of candidates running in 2028 makes the current egomaniacs look like fluffy teddy bears.

marc cuban

jamie diamon

can you smell what the rock is cooking. 

and AOC

The names you've mentioned are a silver stripe on the, already postponed (2028) horizon of the "transformer" sect.
I wouldn't underestimate a 4 years term!! It's a lot of time to dig and clean up.
Trump was very relaxed and self-controlled in this farce of a debate. No wonder.
With a cognitive wreck as an opponent.
Trump is a very "emotional" person. I don't think he'd forget what they did to him. Justifiable, or not.
He wouldn't make the same tactical and administrative "mistakes" as in his first term. Maybe others instead.
Some retaliation is programmed.
I doubt that's good for "democracy", as the weaponization of institutions,
and the abuse of the term by the Democrats either.

The pendulum would move in the opposite direction, maybe even more far.
To use the new magic word "fascism", from left-wing fascism to right-wing fascism.
A fact to me is, that this administration (whoever is pulling the strings of the two front puppets), as the "leader" of the Western world, has to go.
It can't get worse.

Edited by Maitdjai
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/29/2024 at 10:11 AM, worgeordie said:

Joe definitely was not" jacked up " , and Trump was saying nothing but lies ...

regards worgeordie

Lying is business as usual in politics.
That "the liar in chief" didn't have control over his chronic lying, is now the real problem.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Untrue. The illegal alien crime rate would be ZERO if they weren't in the country in the first place.  The idea that there is an acceptable number of young girls who can be raped and murdered by illegal aliens is utterly despicable. The only acceptable number is zero.

How many Christian church officials have been arrested for child molestation in the last year? We could have reduced that child molestation to zero if we had only closed the Christian churches.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jas007 said:

Did you not see the police usher people into the building?  They directed them inside, as if they were tour guides. 

Of course, you saw mostly video when the invaders were being ushered out. RW media misinforms the suckers by claiming the police were ushering people in, but that was rare:

There were a handful of police who allowed the crowd in once the windows were broken, the police were in shock at that point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

How many Christian church officials have been arrested for child molestation in the last year? We could have reduced that child molestation to zero if we had only closed the Christian churches.

You clearly must be getting nervous about Trump's impending victory. By the way, how many gay people have been arrested for child molestation, we could reduce that to zero if we eliminate gay people

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I dont know, it is your assertion, please provide some evidence.

What I DO know is that many young girls and women would be alive today if their attackers had not been ushered into the country by the truly execrable border policies of this administration.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I'll type slowly so you can understand:

Trump will lose the election in November, no matter who the Dems run.

Everytime Trump appears on TV, he loses voters.

you do realize that what i said was a quote from the debate right ? 

everyone can see your irrational fear now. being wrong for so long you are lashing out at everyone. i won't hold it against you. if i was in your place i would be scared too. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, dhupverg said:

Seymour Hersh has a good article about what's going on behind the curtain.

https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/who-is-running-the-country

I have been hearing for months about the increasing isolation of the president, from his one-time pals in the Senate, who find that he is unable to return their calls. Another old family friend, whose help has been sought by Biden on key issues since his days as vice president, told me of a plaintive call from the president many months ago. Biden said the White House was in chaos and he needed his friend’s help. The friend said he begged off and then told me, with a laugh: “I would rather have a root canal procedure every day than go to work there.”

Good article, wonder who the big Dem fundraisers are in Manhattan.

There also was pressure from the major Democratic fundraisers, many of them in New York City, for the campaign to do something to counter the perception of the president’s obvious growing impairment, as reported and filmed by major media.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jas007 said:

Serious issues with reality?  One day, the truth will come out.  In the meantime, continue living in fantasyland.

So, you are suggesting that Steve Bannon was working for the government when he said on January 5 that the next day would be wild?

The Proud Boys who prepared for the insurrection were working for the government?

Really?

1 hour ago, stoner said:

you do realize that what i said was a quote from the debate right ? 

everyone can see your irrational fear now. being wrong for so long you are lashing out at everyone. i won't hold it against you. if i was in your place i would be scared too. 

You are very confident about November, but the election is far away.

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

anyone with eyes is confident biden is cooked. he has been a mess for quite some time as i have been pointing out here. you will likely try to defend it still by talking about how much trump lied. 

most of the world now is saying it. biden needs help his mental state is very concerning. 

also. i remember for over a year now that i was confident about bidens state yet you were one of those who ridiculed me for it. 

You are obviously worried about Biden's condition because Biden is going to serve another term.

You don't worry about Trump, because Trump will continue to be a private citizen next year.

Makes total sense.

• Haha 1