Police bust Bangkok karaoke bar for running prostitution ring

snoop1130

57 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

it will end in tears...

Why, I had the time of my life doing that in some clubs in Stockholm when younger. Never went to more than socialize with a drink or two. After that hitting the nightlife.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Neither working in a beer bar, nor the bar accepting a bar fine for their staff leaving work, is illegal.

Not according to the letter of the law but the bar fine is like a brothel fee, and the 'staff' are prostitutes so let's keep it real and see it as it is. If the shagging took place on the premises it would be breaking the law, the fact that it doesn't circumvents the law, that's the only difference to a fully blown brothel.

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:
4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Neither working in a beer bar, nor the bar accepting a bar fine for their staff leaving work, is illegal.

Not according to the letter of the law

Really?   Please quote the letter of the law (section of the Criminal Code) that makes working in a beer bar, or the bar accepting a fee for taking an employee out of work, illegal.

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

If the shagging took place on the premises it would be breaking the law, the fact that it doesn't circumvents the law, that's the only difference to a fully blown brothel.

Exactly, that's why beer bars are legal and are not brothels.   Taking a girl out of a bar, for whatever purpose, is not "circumventing any law", there is no applicable law to circumvent. 

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Really?   Please quote the letter of the law (section of the Criminal Code) that makes working in a beer bar, or the bar accepting a fee for taking an employee out of work, illegal.

You've obviously misunderstood me, no, it is not illegal according to the letter of the law, I thought I had made that plain. As far as I'm concerned there is only a thin line dividing brothels and bar beers, I personally have nothing against either, I have never been in a brothel but have spent many hilarious hours in bars and enjoyed the experience. I've never paid a bar fine, I always arranged a meeting place with a woman the next day in the early afternoon, it always went well.

4 hours ago, itsari said:

From the way I read the report is that the men were drinking with the prostitutes in the floor above  the bar. 

I was saying if that is the case in many European countries the men would be prosecuted for soliciting to buy sex but not here in Thailand it seems 

it's illegal to pay for sex on the premises or off them. If a women is employed in a bar and a bar fine is paid for the purposes of prostitution it could be argued the bar owner is a pimp, also illegal.

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Exactly, that's why beer bars are legal and are not brothels.   Taking a girl out of a bar, for whatever purpose, is not "circumventing any law", there is no applicable law to circumvent. 

The circumvented law against prostitution, it is promoting prostitution but since nothing can be proved nothing is done about it. I find it hypocritical to prosecute someone for providing rooms when everyone knows the bar girl is going to a room somewhere else, the paid sex still takes place, the bar owner takes his cut and is now a legal pimp without consequences. Just legalize the whole thing with taxation and health care plus regular testing for STD's. How it is now is just a charade.

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Seems that neither do you, itsari, regarding soliciting.

In Thailand you are possibly correct.

I am comparing Thai law to many European countries law  if you take the trouble to read.

You obviously do not understand who is held accountable for there actions in soliciting for sex services in many countries on Europe.

59 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The circumvented law against prostitution, it is promoting prostitution but since nothing can be proved nothing is done about it. I find it hypocritical to prosecute someone for providing rooms when everyone knows the bar girl is going to a room somewhere else, the paid sex still takes place, the bar owner takes his cut and is now a legal pimp without consequences. Just legalize the whole thing with taxation and health care plus regular testing for STD's. How it is now is just a charade.

The law needs to follow the Nordic countries in making the customers responsible for their actions.

Just now, itsari said:

The law needs to follow the Nordic countries in making the customers responsible for their actions.

Oh isn't that a little strict? Men's brains are 24/7 do it, do it, do it. Womens brains are, what do I get out of it? so we meet in the middle with some crispy bank notes, she pretends to enjoy the process and you end up feeling somehow cheated by the comedy but you did it. A British police superintendent once said a brothel is as essential to a city as a sewage works.

15 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Oh isn't that a little strict? Men's brains are 24/7 do it, do it, do it. Womens brains are, what do I get out of it? so we meet in the middle with some crispy bank notes, she pretends to enjoy the process and you end up feeling somehow cheated by the comedy but you did it. A British police superintendent once said a brothel is as essential to a city as a sewage works.

Some what a uncaring response to a problem that many European countries want to resolve by making the customers more responsible for there actions

19 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Perhaps your Uk police officer you quote is as bad as the customers for prostitution that want immunity from prosecution 

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That depends where the activity takes place, taking one home and having sex there is not a crime.

it is according to the suppression of prostitution act 1996, it does not depend where it takes place

Section 5. Any person who, for the purpose of prostitution, solicits, induces, introduces herself or himself to, follows or importunes a person in a street, public place or any other place, which is committed openly and shamelessly or causes nuisance to the public, shall be liable to a fine not exceeding one thousand Baht.

Section 6. Any person who associates with another person in a prostitution establishment for the purpose of prostitution of oneself or another person shall be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one month or to a fine not exceeding one thousand Baht or to both.

Section 11. Any person who is the owner, supervisor or manager of a prostitution business or a prostitution establishment, or the controller of prostitutes in a prostitution establishment shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of three to fifteen years and to a fine of sixty thousand to three hundred thousand Baht.

Just now, itsari said:

Some what a uncaring response to a problem that many European countries want to resolve by making the customers more responsible for there actions

What actions would they be? You are going to give a hypocritical woke answer that makes no sense aren't you......mostly life is easier when you accept the world as it is, platitudes are hideous little lies. Even women find male feminists a little creepy.

7 minutes ago, itsari said:

Perhaps your Uk police officer you quote is as bad as the customers for prostitution that want immunity from prosecution 

Why should anyone be prosecuted for having natural urges or to want to profit from them. What right does anyone have to say a women can't sell her sexuality, you aren't being forced to buy her. A man's desire is private, the state shouldn't be interfering with his natural urges, he is paying for sex for reasons that don't concern the state. The law doesn't stop prostitution it drives it underground where the state can't control the health issues or profit from taxation. It will end like prohibition.....stopping people from drinking alcohol, that caused the mafia.

7 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Why should anyone be prosecuted for having natural urges or to want to profit from them. What right does anyone have to say a women can't sell her sexuality, you aren't being forced to buy her. A man's desire is private, the state shouldn't be interfering with his natural urges, he is paying for sex for reasons that don't concern the state. The law doesn't stop prostitution it drives it underground where the state can't control the health issues or profit from taxation. It will end like prohibition.....stopping people from drinking alcohol, that caused the mafia.

If a woman is open to a criminal prosecution for receiving money for sex in Thailand, don't you think the man should be at least be treated the same for paying the woman for sex?

2 hours ago, itsari said:

If a woman is open to a criminal prosecution for receiving money for sex in Thailand, don't you think the man should be at least be treated the same for paying the woman for sex?

I've made it clear that I don't think either of them should be prosecuted, the state is playing the 'moral police' card which causes pimps to come out of the wood work to get customers for her for a large fee, other crimes follow from that, every time the state interferes unforeseen consequences follow, people don't want to be controlled. Why should a man be prosecuted for following his natural urges if it harms nobody.

15 hours ago, proton said:

it is according to the suppression of prostitution act 1996, it does not depend where it takes place

Section 5. Any person who, for the purpose of prostitution, solicits, induces, introduces herself or himself to, follows or importunes a person in a street, public place or any other place, which is committed openly and shamelessly or causes nuisance to the public, shall be liable to a fine not exceeding one thousand Baht.

Section 6. Any person who associates with another person in a prostitution establishment for the purpose of prostitution of oneself or another person shall be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one month or to a fine not exceeding one thousand Baht or to both.

Section 11. Any person who is the owner, supervisor or manager of a prostitution business or a prostitution establishment, or the controller of prostitutes in a prostitution establishment shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of three to fifteen years and to a fine of sixty thousand to three hundred thousand Baht.

You're quoting the "law" but nothing you have quoted says that it is illegal to pay someone for sex, other than in public or in a brothel.

Section 11 also applies to the owner of controller of the prostitutes and NOT the customers.

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

You're quoting the "law" but nothing you have quoted says that it is illegal to pay someone for sex, other than in public or in a brothel.

Section 11 also applies to the owner of controller of the prostitutes and NOT the customers.

Read the whole law, being a prostitute or paying one or pimping one out is illegal