Wanted British Man Arrested Upon Arrival in Phuket

webfact

10 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Yup! Easy to be an armchair warrior and lay claim to the guy being a Brit because he is a thief.

Try saying that face to face with most of the Brits here in Thailand and see how that goes down.

So what s......e country are you from, pal?

Anything I post here I’ll say directly to one’s face.  Even yours.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, LosLobo said:

In a logical discussion, when someone asserts a claim, the burden of proof is on that person, there is no onus on others to disprove that the claim is false.

Seeing how I proved him wrong, I’m giving him the opportunity to justify himself.

Which he can’t.

5 hours ago, Kevbo said:

And you're obviously a Brit hating Aussie judging by your childish use of grammar

Should OF ??? What a retard

Not a Brit hater.  Not an Aussie.  Just stating facts.

The only retard I see other than the thief is the one writing your post.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RickyJB said:

🤔 in my own experience, could have been working for a company that fired him, still owed him money, and when he went to try get his money ,the company then used their "connection" with local police to bring a completely false charge of theft. The guy then left the country due to no visa and work permit expired.. not knowing about the warrant. This happened to me a few years ago, eventually due to my " connections" with tourist police the company had to give me an apology and a compensation payment.. still didnt get the full money i was owed though.. there are a lot of business owners in phuket that try this. 

Yep, could a, should a, would a.

Or just doing what a thief does.

Bottom line.  Don’t rely on try to support one’s self in Thailand through some BS type job.

Unless hired on by a legitimate western corporation to work in Thailand.

Earn in the West, spend in Thailand.

Since I am retired now, I watch a lot of movies or dramas from all different countries around the world. Now if someone gets in trouble with the law, they are talking about moving to Thailand can someone explain why that is? Thailand seems to be the favourite place for crims to hide and no I am not talking about a special nationality. 

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Since I am retired now, I watch a lot of movies or dramas from all different countries around the world. Now if someone gets in trouble with the law, they are talking about moving to Thailand can someone explain why that is? Thailand seems to be the favourite place for crims to hide and no I am not talking about a special nationality. 

Because they’ll fit right in.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, still kicking said:

Hiding? Visa free entry or visa/extension of stay without home country criminal check. Corruption, working illegally, incompetent Police. A paradise for foreign crims who cant change their ways.  No surprise they re-offend here.

2 hours ago, G_Money said:

Read the news, if capable.

The proof is there. 

You claimed

He was only looking for a legitimate job but the temptation to rip off his “employer “ was overwhelming.

Should of stuck with bar management, English teaching or digital nomading.

His “career” in Britain?  Tele sales or Financial “Investments”?

No proof at all, just slurs.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/3/2024 at 5:56 AM, Mywayboy said:

Time share

I suspect "Time Share" may be right.  A friend was working in timeshare sales in Phuket for a big name international company about that time. Not just one, but a couple of principals suddenly disappeared leaving the bank accounts dry and many deposits for the purchase of time shares never registered.  She was owed a substantial amount for commissions as were other sales staff but they never got paid.

On 7/3/2024 at 9:09 AM, Kerryd said:

A distinct lack of "finger-pointing" evidenced in that photo.

Have they stopped teaching that as the preferred method of determining who the guilty party is ?

He must have known they'd be looking for him. If you're working for someone and steal (or "embezzle") a whack of money from them and then skip the country, you probably shouldn't ever go back. Not unless you have a lot of "biometric" alterations, a new name and new passport at least.

Especially when there are safer options to travel to. Maybe the money he "allegedly" stole ran out and he thought he'd just come back and try the same thing again ?

And why do these guys never post about their situations on here ? Surely more than a few of them must be TV/AseanNow/Thiager forum members.

And WHAT is with those frakken pop-up ads now appearing repeatedly.
Every time someone new takes over the site it goes downhill a bit further.

Yes I wholeheartedly agree. I have been with this forum for so many years now. It is becoming unbearable and really irritating with all the advertising. I am at the considering deleting the app stage. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

You claimed

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

You claimed

Which ones are not true?

Perhaps you should finance retaining an attorney for this poor victim that the police had a warrant for and executed the warrant upon the poor victim’s arrival in Thailand.

There is a reason for the warrant.  Some people are just too daft to see.

But then maybe he just wanted to return to start a new career teaching English or become an online coaching digital nomad.  Quite common it seems.

Edited by G_Money
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, G_Money said:

There is a reason for the warrant.  Some people are just too daft to see.

Of course there is a reason, he is suspected of committing a crime.
Note 'suspected'.

Trouble is that many people on this forum don't seem to realise that when a person is suspected of committing a crime, it does not automatically mean that the person actually committed any crime.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, loong said:

Of course there is a reason, he is suspected of committing a crime.
Note 'suspected'.

Trouble is that many people on this forum don't seem to realise that when a person is suspected of committing a crime, it does not automatically mean that the person actually committed any crime.

About a 98% chance he’s guilty.  Especially in Thailand.

Close enough for me.

• Sad 1