Navy Chief Alarmed by Government's Delay on Chinese Submarine

webfact

Dear God,

Thank you for all the wonderful things in my life. Today, I have a special wish. Could you please help me get a submarine? I promise to use it for fun adventures and to explore the amazing underwater world. I'll be very careful and always share it with my friends.

Thank you for listening, and I know you'll do what's best.

Amen.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, connda said:

They will just take it to the bottom of the ocean and that will be that.  If they can't enforce hull integrity on a corvette, then they'll sink the sub in no time flat for sure.  It takes discipline to set out to sea.  The HTMS Sukhothai fiasco tells you everything you need to know about discipline in the Thai navy. Status-conscious Thai officers who acquire their commissions by virtue of their wealthy families don't necessarily make good commanders. 

Speaking as ex-USN.  Been there, done that.  And I don't see any purpose to a Thai sub program as there is no national security reason for it.  Who are they defensing against?  Rhohinga boat refugees?

One of my Grandfathers and an Uncle spent their entire career's in The Royal Navy and both used to say the Submariners were a different Breed to other Naval Sailors and just looking around inside a Sub' was enough for most to decide it wasn't a good idea !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

we don't have anybody qualified to captain this submarine

You can't qualify submariners/officers on something you don't 't have. Although I think with completion of the sub,  present Thai submariner crews were to go to China for training and sea trials. 

20 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Oh I don't know, didn't they manage to shell the dock whilst parking one of their LGBs (Large Grey Boats) recently.

Now, accidents happen, but to have an ND (negligent discharge) with your ships main armament whilst parking it is a remarkable achievement!

Aldo remarkable. It's not every nation that has an aircraft carrier having no naval aircraft.