Car Falls into Construction Pit in Pattaya, Second Similar Accident Recently

webfact

IMG_4835-768x576.jpg

Pattaya —A sedan partially fell into a shallow construction hole in Pattaya in the early hours of Wednesday, July 3rd, 2024. Luckily, there were no injuries.

A video about the recent construction pit issues in Pattaya is HERE on our YouTube channel.

The accident occurred at the front of the Phu Yai Kui Market in the Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province. Rescue workers received reports of the accident around 2 AM and responded to the scene.

There, the rescuers found a Toyota Yaris car, with its front plunging into a construction pit for laying water pipes. The car was slightly damaged.

It was found that there were only traffic cones placed around the edge of the pit, and there were no warning lights indicating the construction area.

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: 77kaoded

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-07-04

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

2 hours ago, webfact said:

It was found that there were only traffic cones placed around the edge of the pit, and there were no warning lights indicating the construction area.

Well, we can say the cones are there as a warning sign, and the lights on the car are there for the driver to see the cones. Guess this guy missed all that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Brightly-lit street, the car has headlights, yet still the driver can't see what is on the road ahead. Busy on the phone, I presume?

Have you ever observed the workers on roads & footpaths in Thailand? I doubt they have ever driven a motor vehicle in their lives.

And, as I rediscover regularly with my peasant family here, lack of education of any kind does not help in imagining yourself in someone else's shoes.