Best cheap purchase you have made

On 7/9/2024 at 1:10 PM, 123Stodg said:

Short time hotels are only 300 Baht an hour!

I tried to explain that to my son when he drinks and don't drive when smoking pot and drinking. He has a thick head...  Those places saved me a bunch. (of headaches, etc.)

The 100baht or whatever it was for the Grab driver to travel across BKK to bring us our 30kgs of last-day-before-flying-home-specialty-foods-shopping order we'd done online at (the much cheaper than chain dept. stores) KCC Foods.  What a pleasure it was to sit in the comfort of our air con room and shop online vs., in the past, where we'd spend many hours and hundreds of baht on BTS & taxis and lose 20% of our body weight in sweat as we traipsed around BKK to source the stuff.   Another related great deal was the **non-stop** YVR-BKK-YVR Air Canada flight for $1100Cdn ($810USD).

17 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Nice advertisement

Yep, the best are genuinely informative; and so the reader testimonials attest to the value of his message. During the COVID gym lockdowns I used resistance bands extensively, along with my TRX knock-off (another great bargain), a pair of dumbbells, and treadmill. Stayed very fit and made a smooth translation back to the gym. Don't need the gym that much, given what I know, but I like a few of the specialized machines.

James Grage, above, uses high reps, classic Arnold, I'm not a fan of those. Intensity's far more efficient w/ less wear and tear, a la Arthur Jones/Mike Mentzer. I mostly used timed static contractions w/ occasional straight isometrics. Currently using some high reps w/ very low resistance (from a resistance band) to build up my rotator cuff.

Edited by BigStar

I built a complete gym from this guy/company. Machines, racks, dumbells and freeweights. Additionally I got treadmill and rowing machine, and many different accessories bought on Lazada. I think I invested maybe 300k in my gym, and worth every penny. Today, I might had invested in anchors points and elastic power bands, but still, cant beat the feeling of real weights. 

Simple and works for affordable prices. 

https://www.gymware.com/index.php

8 hours ago, Hummin said:

still, cant beat the feeling of real weights. 

As Sylvester Stallone says, "The check comes due on that."

https://www.instagram.com/officialslystallone/reel/CLCigsmJXxx/?img_index=officialslystallone

8 hours ago, Hummin said:

I think I invested maybe 300k in my gym

Set of bands, 600; knock off TRX, 1000; a pair of dumbbells, 800; treadmill/exercise bike, 10000 = 12.4k, and worth every satang.

Edited by BigStar

17 hours ago, BigStar said:

Yep, the best are genuinely informative; and so the reader testimonials attest to the value of his message. During the COVID gym lockdowns I used resistance bands extensively, along with my TRX knock-off (another great bargain), a pair of dumbbells, and treadmill. Stayed very fit and made a smooth translation back to the gym. Don't need the gym that much, given what I know, but I like a few of the specialized machines.

James Grage, above, uses high reps, classic Arnold, I'm not a fan of those. Intensity's far more efficient w/ less wear and tear, a la Arthur Jones/Mike Mentzer. I mostly used timed static contractions w/ occasional straight isometrics. Currently using some high reps w/ very low resistance (from a resistance band) to build up my rotator cuff.

I mainly do 10 reps but sometimes 30 for variety. Slow negatives is good for muscles. 2 to 4 seconds.

On 7/9/2024 at 5:05 PM, scubascuba3 said:

i had a good one too

Screenshot_2024-07-09-17-05-21-965_com.lazada.android.jpg

I just got one of these. Amazing value. It is some sort of light metal. Perhaps aluminum. I was only expecting plastic for that price. And works nice. 

I assume all the tiny holes will get plugged up with sediment eventually and then it will be tough to clean. Let's see. 

7 hours ago, SoCal1990 said:

I just got one of these. Amazing value. It is some sort of light metal. Perhaps aluminum. I was only expecting plastic for that price. And works nice. 

I assume all the tiny holes will get plugged up with sediment eventually and then it will be tough to clean. Let's see. 

Easy to clean, i use Vixol Oxy every few months but vinegar would also work. Need to wash the inside sponge filter thing also