Everybody is born and dies the same way

2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Not everyone building muscles, and for those who do no activity or high intensity over longer time like bicycling or running can have use of higher carb diets than fat. Protein should remain the same for high intensity as for building muscles. 

Just now, Hummin said:

Not everyone building muscles, and for those who do no activity or high intensity over longer time like bicycling or running can have use of higher carb diets than fat. Protein should remain the same for high intensity as for building muscles. 

Some people do keto so high fat.

On 7/10/2024 at 8:09 PM, susanlea said:

Born naked with nothing. When you die you don't get to take stuff with you. So why do people accumulate so much junk? 99% of everything you own is junk.

As one of the hundreds of thousands of world wide toy collectors I take offence at that. I love my 'junk' and I have a great Thai wife that helps me buy it here from Japan  - she also knows what it is worth and where to sell it to fund her life when I am dead !!! I quite like having a little fun with my investments. we already own 2 houses (Thailand and UK), couple fruit farms, we save money each month and are reasonably ok. I do not want 'life experiences' , I prefer something I can hold than a memory of a place. I can hold a toy when I have dementia - not remember a holiday !!

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Some people do keto so high fat.

well, for most that is only a short term solution, very few live on keto diet for the longer run. 

Balanced diet is the best solution if you do not have any underlying issues health conditions, that would make keto more beneficial. 

On 7/10/2024 at 10:50 PM, Hummin said:

Buying things you do not need, is a poor substitute for something missing in life, like hang out here to much. Im going to make changes, and quit my present job, and move. To much time to do nothing like being here way to much. 

Do you mean to tell me that hanging out on here reading all these incredibly interesting posts, isn't having a great life? I thought it was.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, retarius said:

Do you mean to tell me that hanging out on here reading all these incredibly interesting posts, isn't having a great life? I thought it was.

It is like I start to believe, going for a morning beer, and sit there to my wife come and carry my ass home, is better than sit here for 4 hours straight everyday. Simular for both, same things is discussed with the same people the same things, and next morning brings the oppertunity to start it all over again. But at least drinking makes you forget where it ended last day, and give a great oppertunity to start it all over again with whites sheets. 

I start wondering if the same breakfest club ends up here after their morning session at the bar and they had a nap after their wife picked them up

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It is like I start to believe, going for a morning beer, and sit there to my wife come and carry my ass home, is better than sit here for 4 hours straight everyday. Simular for both, same things is discussed with the same people the same things, and next morning brings the oppertunity to start it all over again. But at least drinking makes you forget where it ended last day, and give a great oppertunity to start it all over again with whites sheets. 

I start wondering if the same breakfest club ends up here after their morning session at the bar and they had a nap after their wife picked them up

If you lift weights and eat well you are better off. 

4 minutes ago, susanlea said:

still my mind hurts 😄

Well, Im prepering for dissapearing. 

A few hours killed yesterday gave me 3 like this

20240713_133638.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, retarius said:

You can multitask, I'm watching LIV Golf and Tour de France, whilst on here and Facebook 

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2024 at 3:33 AM, 123Stodg said:

Only someone who doesn’t value anything about them self or what they have would write something like that. 

Agree.  Growing up I learned a lot about history and geography from my stamp and coin collections.  My oldest son is also a coin collector and he will inherit my collections, which is of significant value, when I go.  As a general contractor, I accumulated a lot of tools and equipment.  Now that I have retired all of it has been given to my younger son who is also an independent contractor.  I have also gifted two of my properties to each son.  I don't consider any of this as junk and neither do my sons. 

3 hours ago, susanlea said:

Very expensive.

just eat one or 2 small pieces a day.

or every other day if your budget is that tight.

that's how chocolate was meant to be consumed.

until capitalists invented ginormous chocolate bars.

Buy Cadbury Mr Big Chocolate Bars 60g – Snowbird Sweets

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Low fat is good, not no fat

I don't calculate my fat percentage. Even if I did, I wouldn't know what numbers to strive for.

I eat a lot of eggs, which have a lot of fat. 

Avocados will have fat.

I am not actively seeking out tons of fat. But these foods are high in nutrition and happen to contain fat.

On 7/13/2024 at 5:15 AM, Moonlover said:

You're comparing apples with oranges. There's a big difference between treasured and/or useful items and 'junk'. And by junk I mean unused stuff that fills up garages, loft spaces, spare rooms (sometimes even known as junk rooms) and sheds. 

I've kept very little junk in my life, I've been far too mobile for that and yet I have enjoyed my life to the full. 

The 2 items that I have kept the longest are my Leatherman multitool and my yoga mat (now used for my daily Qigong practice)

'Life is really simple and yet we insist on making it complicated'. Confucius 

That depends on your activities... 

We have a lot of 'stuff' in our house...   

Skiis, golf clubs, wakeboards, Mountain bikes, road bikes, various other sports items..  BBQ, washer, drier, ovens, microwaves, Espresso Machine, 

TV's (4 in the house) Sound systems, then the are shelves of decorations, 4x motorcycle helmets..

Tools, tool boxes etc etc the list goes on...

All of it useful to me - the Op was presented in a manner that anything owned is junk we don't need because we can't take it with us....  which I disagree with - the things we own compliment the enjoyment of our life....   

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Sad 1

Today I was standing with Mrs Cow on "my" land watching the house construction nearing completion. A rather esoteric thought entered my mind as it travelled to the future and I imagined one day a hundred years from now a couple totally unconnected to me or Mrs Cow would be standing on that very spot contemplating whether to renovate or demolish the old house standing on this particular block of land, built by an unknown someone in the past. The story remains the same only the players fade into the dust of history, to be replaced by new players, ad infinitum. We own nothing, we are just caretakers for others... Dust in the wind.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Cow said:

Today I was standing with Mrs Cow on "my" land watching the house construction nearing completion. A rather esoteric thought entered my mind as it travelled to the future and I imagined one day a hundred years from now a couple totally unconnected to me or Mrs Cow would be standing on that very spot contemplating whether to renovate or demolish the old house standing on this particular block of land, built by an unknown someone in the past. The story remains the same only the players fade into the dust of history, to be replaced by new players, ad infinitum. We own nothing, we are just caretakers for others... Dust in the wind.

Wow...perhaps a few too many coffees today

11 hours ago, susanlea said:

I lift weights everyday , most times have to take a pre-workout drink because of my lack of energy 

I find if I eat pasta spaghetti etc I have more energy the next day rather than chicken and broccoli 

15 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I lift weights everyday , most times have to take a pre-workout drink because of my lack of energy 

I find if I eat pasta spaghetti etc I have more energy the next day rather than chicken and broccoli 

Maybe doing more cardio will give you more energy, guys are too focused on just weights or maybe try mopping less

9 hours ago, save the frogs said:

I don't calculate my fat percentage. Even if I did, I wouldn't know what numbers to strive for.

I eat a lot of eggs, which have a lot of fat. 

Avocados will have fat.

I am not actively seeking out tons of fat. But these foods are high in nutrition and happen to contain fat.

Knownledge is the key, seek and find

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, susanlea said:

Cardio is boring.

Enjoy hiking, bicycle and padling, sort of long low intensity cardio 

Edited by Hummin
  • Love It 1

Neither of my parents worked, I missed kindergarten and had free lunches for 12 years.  The local shop let us have a tab that we paid off when the dole money came through.  We wore more clothes to cut down on the heating costs.  I think we might not all die the same.

Edited by Chris Daley

On 7/15/2024 at 12:16 AM, thainet said:

Wow...perhaps a few too many coffees today

And you have a bias or prejudice against coffee drinkers !

It usually starts small like this then becomes prejudice against other things , please have some kind of kindness to accept coffee