Trump rushed off stage after possible assassination attempt

DPat

44 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Seems like you ignore the police officers who died or were injured on January 6th. All because of a meglomaniac who refused to accept defeat.

Trying to compare it to the huge issues we have with people of color being killed by police is ridiculous. And racist. Guess that you got your information from the Daily Caller?

Name 1 cop that died at the Capitol on Jan6.

There is reasoned debate about the number who died as a result of the Capitol riot. Ocasio-Cortez is including law enforcement officials who responded to the Capitol that day and committed suicide in the days and months afterward. 

Ocasio-Cortez’s statement that the Capitol attack resulted in “almost 10 dead” includes five police officers, none of whom died at the scene on Jan. 6.

The New York Times, citing unnamed law enforcement officials, initially reported that Sicknick was struck by a fire extinguisher, but later updated its story to say that medical experts said he did not die of blunt force trauma.  “The USCP accepts the findings from the District of Columbia’s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner that Officer Brian Sicknick died of natural causes.

Four suicides: Four other police officers committed suicide in the days and months after the riot.

So, one stroke and 4 suicides...  None of them at the Capitol on Jan6.

Journalist Glenn Greenwald commented on Twitter that the claim of “‘almost 10 dead’ from the 1/6 riot is deceitful in the extreme. Four people died on 1/6: all Trump supporters.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/11/how-many-died-as-a-result-of-capitol-riot/

Your turn...  How many died during the HRC riots and the 2020 BLM Summer of Love and mostly peaceful city burnings?  Betcha it was more than 4.  Then add all the non-MAGA mayhem since Oct07 and you can clearly see the left is far more destructive and dangerous than MAGAs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, novacova said:

Is the ultimate sum of the left in order to achieve their goal. In the modern day western left, which group is off on a vile tangent, using the classic subversive methods of autocratic authoritarian means against their political opponents to achieve their goals? It’s plain as day, and the extreme left knows it but pretend disingenuously that they don’t. Looks severely pathetic and foolish. 

Plain as day? Only if you fall for the misinformation from the right. Stunning anyone falls for it.

1 minute ago, candide said:

A well written B.S. conspiracy theory post.

And don’t forget the forefathers of your ideology, Carl Marx, Lenin, Stalin and Mao. It’s written right there history. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

About as disgraceful as trying to compare the BLM protests to the attack on the Capitol. Or suggesting Biden was behind it. Or suggesting it was the deep state.

But considering Trump's ego. Totally possible.

Who suggested that? link or BS. lol

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Name 1 cop that died at the Capitol on Jan6.

There is reasoned debate about the number who died as a result of the Capitol riot. Ocasio-Cortez is including law enforcement officials who responded to the Capitol that day and committed suicide in the days and months afterward. 

Ocasio-Cortez’s statement that the Capitol attack resulted in “almost 10 dead” includes five police officers, none of whom died at the scene on Jan. 6.

The New York Times, citing unnamed law enforcement officials, initially reported that Sicknick was struck by a fire extinguisher, but later updated its story to say that medical experts said he did not die of blunt force trauma.  “The USCP accepts the findings from the District of Columbia’s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner that Officer Brian Sicknick died of natural causes.

Four suicides: Four other police officers committed suicide in the days and months after the riot.

So, one stroke and 4 suicides...  None of them at the Capitol on Jan6.

Journalist Glenn Greenwald commented on Twitter that the claim of “‘almost 10 dead’ from the 1/6 riot is deceitful in the extreme. Four people died on 1/6: all Trump supporters.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/11/how-many-died-as-a-result-of-capitol-riot/

Your turn...  How many died during the HRC riots and the 2020 BLM Summer of Love and mostly peaceful city burnings?  Betcha it was more than 4.  Then add all the non-MAGA mayhem since Oct07 and you can clearly see the left is far more destructive and dangerous than MAGAs.

Stop. Please. Not going to waste my time with someone who falls for the bs from the Daily Caller.

Edited by Roo Island

14 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Republicans are calling for an investigation into the SS protection. That may be justified, but premature. First wait for the report.

Probably be like the Warren report, 555

9 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

image.jpeg.a981afadc71901a6ed542a3f981861dc.jpeg

More news for Putins propaganda machinery, and some wonder why the world looks at Usa as a demonised country. A Banana republic

Sad Statue literally

• Like 1

Just now, Roo Island said:

Go back a few posts and you'll see. Many from the far right have posted that here.

You don't know then, more like shutter Island!

18 minutes ago, jvs said:

Now you are defending the Jan 6 riots  by saying it was nothing compared to the BLM protests.

Are you admitting it was done by Right wing Republicans?

I think you are.

I just wish you would get your(republicans)facts straight so you can all draw one line instead of confusing yourself and others.

I'm not defending any violence.  I'm responding to a ludicrous claim that it's a proven fact that MAGAs are more dangerous.

All 3 instances of violence (4 now with the Oct7 riots) were wrong.  But Jan 6 killed a lot fewer people and did a lot less damage.  Though they did scare some people in power.  Which is why they've been hunted down 3+ years later, unlike the HRC supporters/rioters, the BLM rioters and the Hamas supporters/rioters.

Edited by impulse

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Probably be like the Warren report, 555

Ummm..that was an assassination. This wasn't. But yes, seems there were security lapses. Perhaps Trump's team should hire more guards.

1 minute ago, impulse said:

I'm not defending any violence.  I'm responding to a ludicrous claim that it's a proven fact that MAGAs are more dangerous.

All 3 instances of violence (4 now with the Oct7 riots) were wrong.  But Jan 6 killed a lot fewer people and did a lot less damage.  Though they did scare some people in power.  Which is why they've been hunted down 3+ years later, unlike the HRC supporters, the BLM rioter and the Hamas supporters.

It was an attack on our fragile democracy. Started by a nutter who refused to accept defeat.

You really need a better source for your news.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Roo Island said:

Not going to waste my time

Let me translate that from the lefty into English.  I got nothing, so I'm going to attack the source, and when that doesn't work any more I'm going to take my crayons and go home.

• Like 1

For those of you who do not understand Republicans have everything to loose by this attempt to eliminate Trump, and Trump will win the election because of this. There is no doubt he is going to win by a landslide now. 

What ever motive the shooter had, unless he wanted to be remembered in the history as the one who killed (failed) Trump, he failed if the intention was to save the country from Trump and his clan

37 minutes ago, jvs said:

There are many but here is one.

Thanks for the link, really appreciate backing up your claim.

If you look at the photo, it's actually taken from below and the flag is high above the group of people.  That's why you can't see it in the video.

20 minutes ago, Roo Island said:
22 minutes ago, candide said:

Did the BLM assault the Capitol n order to try to steal the election, after being excited by a candidate to the Presidency? 😀

image.jpeg.a981afadc71901a6ed542a3f981861dc.jpeg

Which is worse, a hollow threat or actual death and destruction?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Plain as day? Only if you fall for the misinformation from the right. Stunning anyone falls for it.

Yes, clear as a bell, plain as day.

At least have the courage and authenticity to admit that you’d prefer there would be absolutely no Republicans/conservatives/opposing views and you’d prefer for them to be all out of the way, wouldn’t such a thing bring you joy?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

For the millionth time - Antifa is NOT a group, it's a philosophy.

So?Does that make a difference in this case?

1 hour ago, Roo Island said:

Perhaps this was a false flag Trump setup for political gain? Wouldn't put it past the nutter. Remember when he wanted to put on a superman suit when he walked out of the hospital after getting covid? Such a narcissist.

No not false.

Real bullets.

Almost killed Trump and killed at least one audience member.

Trump isn't brave enough to go for such a dangerous stunt.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Even though I definitely do regard Trump as a fascist and do think if he comes to power again (which most including me think is more likely after this shooting) American democracy is finished, I am definitely very much against political violence from any side.

That said, I'm wondering about a counterfactual historical premise.

IF the bullet that grazed Trump's ear had hit, what would the political effect be in the US and the world?

Who would the republicans then nominate?

Would it mean the republicans were bound to win the election without Trump?

Would it have meant civil war? 

I understand if some people don't think it's OK to talk about this here and now, but my point is that we were basically ONE INCH from that becoming reality.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Even though I definitely do regard Trump as a fascist and do think if he comes to power again American democracy is finished, I am definitely very much against political violence from any side.

That said, I'm wondering about a counterfactual historical premise.

IF the bullet that grazed Trump's ear had hit, what would the political effect be in the US and the world?

Who would the republicans then nominate?

Would it mean the republicans were bound to win the election without Trump?

Would it have meant civil war? 

Speculation not needed never happened. Why talk about what if.

What if hillary had won.