Trump rushed off stage after possible assassination attempt

DPat

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Silly question but are they obligated to take kill shots on shooters.

Wouldn't have taken out his legs put him out of service enough and then we could learn about his motives PLUS life in prison is really a much harsher punishment than instant death.

Also, if hopefully Trump loses and faces the legal consequences he deserves, they could have been prison buddies.

No,  a wounded person is the most dangerous .

As he was laying down, shooting him the legs wouldn't have any effect

Active gunmen need to be killed as quickly as possible  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NickyLouie said:

You need to accept this deep state assassination attempt just sealed the deal for Trump taking office again

Whilst no one knows the reasons for this attempted assassination yet, there are probably loads of possibilities as to the reasons.......... 

– The suspect could well have been part of a family that was "stiffed" by trump when his many companies went bankrupt and the poor everyday working American didn't get paid.

– Maybe someone who lost money when they bought into the "trump University" scam?

– Could well be a far right Christian who finds trump abhorrent because he lies, cheats and breaks just about every one of the 10 Commandments, whilst holding up to be a model Christian.

– Then again it could be someone who just hates compulsive liars and could put the USA in jeopardy if he was elected again.

– Perhaps someone who dislikes a president who steals from charities.

The list could go on and on and we probably won't know for a while, but there are many possibilities as listed above (and more) – – just saying!

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No,  a wounded person is the most dangerous .

As he was laying down, shooting him the legs wouldn't have any effect

Active gunmen need to be killed as quickly as possible  

I'm not convinced by that but I do get that even it was a one percent chance that he would keep shooting, kill shots are justifiable in cases like that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Silly question but are they obligated to take kill shots on shooters?

Wouldn't have taken out his legs put him out of service enough to end the threat and then we could learn about his motives PLUS life in prison is really a much harsher punishment than instant death.

Also, if hopefully Trump loses and faces the legal consequences he deserves, they could have been prison buddies.

He was killed by SS snipers. As far as i'm aware, snipers shoot to kill

Edited by CallumWK
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Whilst no one knows the reasons for this attempted assassination yet, there are probably loads of possibilities as to the reasons.......... 

– The suspect could well have been part of a family that was "stiffed" by trump when his many companies went bankrupt and the poor everyday working American didn't get paid.

– Maybe someone who lost money when they bought into the "trump University" scam?

– Could well be a far right Christian who finds trump abhorrent because he lies, cheats and breaks just about every one of the 10 Commandments, whilst holding up to be a model Christian.

– Then again it could be someone who just hates compulsive liars and could put the USA in jeopardy if he was elected again.

The list could go on and on and we probably won't know for a while, but there are many possibilities as listed above (and more) – – just saying!

Or the nut job wanted to make Trump look good by shooting in his general direction.

Unless the shooter left a manifesto, we're not going to know.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

VDO has been on Al Jazeera showing that he was apparently hit on the ear, though of course that will need to be confirmed. He had some blood on his face as well, though that likely came from the ear.

2 inches to the right and no Democrat politician would be out in public today, IMO.

Biden, Schumer, Obama, McConnell all on tv saying the expected words.

At least Trump didn't cower in a corner. He looked really angry and was giving a fist shake, presumably at whoever shot him. IMO it's likely that his popularity will increase now.

Obviously the Secret Service were not going to let him hang around, but he didn't look to me like someone that was running away.

Expect two things at least, Increased security and conspiracy theories.

If one politician is a target, everyone is, so I doubt this attempt have any official connections. The consequences is to big.

Wondering how the right wing would react if it was Biden who was shot at.

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

If one politician is a target, everyone is, so I doubt this attempt have any official connections. The consequences is to big.

probably just as much speculation as is happening now. 

why was there no secret service on the rooftop that the shooter was on ? so close to the incident it would seem like protocol to have ss on that roof during the trump rally. 

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I doubt that they would suggest that the shooter was a Biden supporter who shoot Biden to try to make Biden look good, that would be a ridiculous thing to suggest 

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

why was there no secret service on the rooftop that the shooter was on ? so close to the incident it would seem like protocol to have ss on that roof during the trump rally. 

How many rooftops you think there were within that range? I'm sure they are stationed on rooftops where they can monitor other rooftops

18 minutes ago, xylophone said:

So the assassin  had a pretty good reason to kill Trump and his actions are justified ?

He could just be a Democrat  who didn't want Trump to be President again ? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

How many rooftops you think there were within that range? I'm sure they are stationed on rooftops where they can monitor other rooftops

very few were within that range. possibly only a couple  2 or 3. this rooftop was also in the direct line of sight to the rally stage. 

someone posted an overhead pic here on AN of the stage and the building showing the direct line of sight. 

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Silly question but are they obligated to take kill shots on shooters?

Wouldn't have taken out his legs put him out of service enough to end the threat and then we could learn about his motives PLUS life in prison is really a much harsher punishment than instant death.

Not if officers are right there and he puts the gun down. He's taken alive. Anything short of that he's taken out.

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

very few were within that range. possibly only a couple  2 or 3. this rooftop was also in the direct line of sight to the rally stage. 

someone posted an overhead pic here on AN of the stage and the building showing the direct line of sight. 

have look here, I guess it is impossible to cover all rooftops, but sure one could always find something to argue.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cevwngjrwzno

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

No it doesn't. In Pennsylvania it is a common tactic to register as a member of the opposite party. This allows you to vote in their primaries and potentially screw up their choice of candidates.

The shooter also donated to a democratic PAC, and also to Biden on his inauguration day. That may actually show which way he leaned.

So a majority of voters do this?  I doubt it. Either way. It's not significant. He had a mental problem and was able to buy an ar15. Time to tighten up gun laws.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

have look here, I guess it is impossible to cover all rooftops, but sure one could always find something to argue.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cevwngjrwzno

all 4 of them ? impossible to cover 4 rooftops ? strange.

its literally the only other vantage point to cover if you are SS. the 2 buildings joining where they were are a non starter. so that only leaves the shooter building and the small building off to the right, small building to the right has a sloping roof vs the shooter roof which is the only flat roof in the entire area for a possible shot to happen.

either gross incompetence or something else. take your pick. 

2 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

It's not significant. He had a mental problem and was able to buy an ar15. Time to tighten up gun laws.

he used a .22 though right ? how does tightening gun laws (which i agree with) help this situation. 

generally criminals don't worry too much about gun laws.

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

Really ?   so what were you talking about when you posted

12  minutes you "never said it was a staged stunt"  yet 38 minutes before that "it was a political stunt that put others lives at risk"

and then this

You have lost it pal , stop making a fool of yourself,  you are about as lucid as Sleepy Joe and appear to be incapable of rational discussion. its actually buttock clenchingly embarrassing to read your posts.    

Please. Put me on ignore. Saying that the sitting president is Sleepy Joe, but getting angry when derogatory comments are made about Trump is ridiculous. Buttock clenchlingly ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickyLouie said:

You need to accept this deep state assassination attempt just sealed the deal for Trump taking office again.

hero2024.jpeg

Deep state?  More ridiculous conspiracy theories. The "Deep State " wouldn't have missed

• Agree 2

Apparently the convicted felon didn't hire the best people when it comes to secret service, although I don't think he gets to pick and choose them.  Or maybe the best ones don't want to work for him.  I thought that looking for sight lines and putting up barriers for that was something they were very good at, so it seems like someone dropped the ball.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, thainet said:

Well as a non American. I'm extremely pleased I'm not.

Whoever wins, it will bring chaos and perhaps anarchy, perhaps a new Civil war won't be far away. 

Not true. Both candidates are terrible. But Trump would be pure chaos

• Agree 1

when biden said trump needs to be put in a bulls eye 5 days ago you have to wonder when  a 20 year school/oni indoctrined far left whack job take him up on it

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, seajae said:

when biden said trump needs to be put in a bulls eye 5 days ago you have to wonder when  a 20 year school/oni indoctrined far left whack job take him up on it

Nutters for sure could misconstrue the comment. Biden for sure didn't mean for Trump to be shot. Pure conjecture and a terrible conspiracy theory.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-announce-white-house-office-gun-violence-prevention/story?id=103394253

Biden announces White House Office of Gun Violence Prevention

Advocates call the first-of-its kind office a win for the gun-safety movement.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, seajae said:

Thank you for this mornings Faux Fox talking points.  What other nonsense has the wingnut wurlizer starting implanting into your little head?

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Incorrigible1 said:

My only concern is whoever wins the election, that it does not negatively affect the US stock market.  

Don't you think Trump wins now? 

He got all served on a silver plate if not bullet.