Trump rushed off stage after possible assassination attempt

DPat

33 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

First of all, it wasn't a flat roof. It was a low-pitched gable roof. The witnesses on the ground who saw the shooter first said the shooter couldn't be seen from where the SS were stationed. The witnesses said they kept pointing to the shooter and the ss kept looking at them with binoculars but would not be able to see the shooter.

I wouldn't bother trying to waste your time arguing facts with idiots who don't even care about the truth.  Easier to just point and laugh at them.

14 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

He was a registered Republican*,But many MAGA are still trying to blame Biden

for the assassination attempt ,

* maybe he seen the light, at what the World would become if Trump won the election,

who wants a serial liar,rapist, fraudster ,narcissist, grifter ,and all the other stuff he has done,

to be in charge of your country , all rise King Donald .....

regards Worgegeordie

People should not play politics with assassinations.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

You may recall it was a thing in the primaries.  The Dem elite made it pointless to vote in the Dem primaries, so a lot of Dems registered as Repubs to vote against Trump in the Repub primary.

We don't know anything about the shooter's motivations.

Even if he were a Dem, his motivation may not have anything to do with politics.

• Agree 1

From reports to Newsmax's Alex Salvi and Axios' Juliegrace Brufke, it has been stated that officials mentioned Trump was struck by pieces of glass, possibly from a teleprompter that broke due to bullets. Yet, the details are still unclear, as Trump himself has described the incident as being hit by a bullet.

This is far more likely than the bullet story. Yet, Trump will milk this one and fashion himself into a near martyr and a hero. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

The idea that he won't leave if he is voted in this time is ridiculous.

He was voted out before and left. That is what happened.

Trump didn't leave without a fight.

The idea that he wouldn't fight harder and smarter next time is laughable.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

an article that is in need of 'fact checking' if ever i read one!

From the cited article:

"While speaking at a Montana campaign rally, Trump publicly praised Montana's then-Rep. Greg Gianforte (R) — the state's current governor — for previously assaulting a reporter. "Any guy that can do a body slam, he is my type!" Trump said.".

Please fact check this, and get back to us if it's false.

Note: Cultists have the capacity to ignore data that doesn't fit in their paradigm. You can handwave away any facts you don't like.

Conversely, a rational person would check the data with other sources and either accept the data as fact, or provide evidence that it was false.

So I guess you save time living in a cult.

28 minutes ago, impulse said:

That's not hard to believe.  You may recall it was a thing in the primaries.  The Dem elite made it pointless to vote in the Dem primaries, so a lot of Dems registered as Repubs to vote against Trump in the Repub primary.

The shooter voted in the 2022 election as a Republican.

12 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

We don't know anything about the shooter's motivations.

Even if he were a Dem, his motivation may not have anything to do with politics.

President Reagan's assassin attempt  was doing it for Jodie Foster! No one seems to remember. Did he even know HER background. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, atpeace said:

Who is this replacement?  So your theory is I think; an unknown super candidate is waiting in the shadows and somehow Trump knew this and had someone fire a shot and then he used a razor blade to cut his ear.  Sound logical...

I suggest you read "The Manchurian Candidate" by Richard Condon.

5 hours ago, Presnock said:

Yeah and even stranger, the shooter has been identified and they claim he was a Republican!

Registered as one for obvious reasons, but a Biden donor

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Quote ©Gilbert Doctorow, 2024

"I freely acknowledge that the most relevant point which I raised when I spoke of gross negligence of the authorities responsible for Former President Trump’s security, namely the failure to deploy drones for overhead supervision of the event, came from the remarks of a security expert on CNN that I listened to over breakfast.

Brilliant thinking. Have drones deployed, then another joins what's in the air with a grenade in its payload.

Isn't the job of the SS hard enough just protecting against assassination with handguns and sniper rifles?

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Where did that bullet finish up? There were people behind him.

I've seen reports saying that the bullet hit the teleprompter screen which shattered and the glass hit his ear.  I guess we'll know after the investigation.

On 7/14/2024 at 9:00 AM, nobodysfriend said:

May be someone will make an assassination attempt on Biden next ...?

Would be even than ...

No need for that because Biden is on a self destruction mode every time he speaks . 

Heads will roll because of the lack of surveillance for the rally that enabled a sniper to make the assassination attempt . Basic risk assessment / protection methods not fulfilled . Even when a member of the public told the police that there was a man on the roof of a nearby building , Trump was not removed from the lectern . 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I expect security measures to be stepped up for both Trump & Biden . Even to the extent of Pope mobile type protection . 

Yesterdays event has been an embarrassment for American security measures . Political persuasions must unite in condemning this horrific act . The N.R.A. should be making a statement and not oppose a change in the Constitution of American gun ownership . Gun shooting in America is a daily event and hardly headline news . 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

trump-victory.jpg

That picture is a straight dagger to the heart of all military personnel,present and past.

Shame on the people who made and distribute this!

I hope all service personnel sees this and have their answer ready in November!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, superal said:

No need for that because Biden is on a self destruction mode every time he speaks . 

Heads will roll because of the lack of surveillance for the rally that enabled a sniper to make the assassination attempt . Basic risk assessment / protection methods not fulfilled . Even when a member of the public told the police that there was a man on the roof of a nearby building , Trump was not removed from the lectern . 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I expect security measures to be stepped up for both Trump & Biden . Even to the extent of Pope mobile type protection . 

Yesterdays event has been an embarrassment for American security measures . Political persuasions must unite in condemning this horrific act . The N.R.A. should be making a statement and not oppose a change in the Constitution of American gun ownership . Gun shooting in America is a daily event and hardly headline news . 

I wouldn't be surprised if the NRA posted a statement criticizing the would-be assassin's poor marksmanship.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Donated to Biden on his Inauguration Day, no less.  This whole "registered as a ....." shibboleth is completely uninformative. It has no impact on how anyone votes or feels.

Not to mention that there's a big contingent of Never-Trumpers in the Repub party, and even more RINOs.

11 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

I've seen reports saying that the bullet hit the teleprompter screen which shattered and the glass hit his ear.  I guess we'll know after the investigation.

Wrong the teleprompters were not hit you can see them intact after the shooting

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Maybe there's something to that claim. After all, what Trump callsy the lying New York Times claims to have a photo showing that it was  a bullet that hit Trump's ear:

Photo Appears to Capture Path of Bullet Used in Assassination Attempt
Michael Harrigan, a retired F.B.I. special agent, said the image captured by Doug Mills, a New York Times photographer, seems to show a bullet streaking past former President Donald J. Trump.

Donald Trump, in a red hat and a blue suit, speaks at a lectern. A red oval is drawn around what appears to be a bullet’s path.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/14/us/politics/photo-path-trump-assassination.html?smid=url-share

• Thanks 2

A post with unattributed content has been removed:

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article. Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions.

1 hour ago, stoner said:

really ?

you forgot convicted felon. 

You mean 34  felony convictions , yes really ....

regards Worgeordie

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, proton said:

Wrong the teleprompters were not hit you can see them intact after the shooting

Ah ... OK .... I'd not kept up with the updates.  I bet a bullet across the ear must sting a bit!

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Maybe there's something to that claim. After all, what Trump callsy the lying New York Times claims to have a photo showing that it was  a bullet that hit Trump's ear:

Photo Appears to Capture Path of Bullet Used in Assassination Attempt
Michael Harrigan, a retired F.B.I. special agent, said the image captured by Doug Mills, a New York Times photographer, seems to show a bullet streaking past former President Donald J. Trump.

Donald Trump, in a red hat and a blue suit, speaks at a lectern. A red oval is drawn around what appears to be a bullet’s path.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/14/us/politics/photo-path-trump-assassination.html?smid=url-share

Thanks .... I'd not seen the latest reports.  

1 hour ago, impulse said:

You may recall it was a thing in the primaries.  The Dem elite made it pointless to vote in the Dem primaries, so a lot of Dems registered as Repubs to vote against Trump in the Repub primary.

So you are saying HE was one of them ...maybe , could be , but I don't think so ...

regards Worgeordie

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/13/2024 at 8:07 PM, Tug said:

Bet there will be more security at his rallies it’s going to be interesting when we find out who did it

Or the cause.  Could it had been a remark Biden made on July 8th by Biden?  “It’s time to put Trump in a bullseye.”  Can you imagine if Trump had said this and this happened to Biden?  Did you notice CNN first reported Trump fell off the stage?  Did you know Democrats in the last 10 days or so voted on a bill to cut Secret Service support for Trump.  Or CNN took up half the front page with a story about Israel killing civilians going after a Hamas leader?  The Left is Evil.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1