Trump rushed off stage after possible assassination attempt

DPat

15 hours ago, JimTripper said:

There was no cover on stage. They were sitting ducks on stage. In that kind of situation you have to move the target immediately. It's other security forces job to determine location and return fire not the SS protecting Trump.

One Guy is there in the video yelling "123 let's go!". They should not need to do that. They have spent years rehearsing this situation. I'm not sure what happened here. They are trained to not freeze like that.

Then Trump pops his head up after he's in the car. They did not even have him secured in the vehicle 🤷🏻‍♂️

B Team for Donald.

15 hours ago, CallumWK said:

If you look again it is clear he was ORDERED "down" after the bullet grazed his ear, and within seconds SS was all over him, requesting if it was safe yet to move him to the van

Pretty much what I said....

14 hours ago, xylophone said:

Whilst no one knows the reasons for this attempted assassination yet, there are probably loads of possibilities as to the reasons.......... 

– The suspect could well have been part of a family that was "stiffed" by trump when his many companies went bankrupt and the poor everyday working American didn't get paid.

– Maybe someone who lost money when they bought into the "trump University" scam?

– Could well be a far right Christian who finds trump abhorrent because he lies, cheats and breaks just about every one of the 10 Commandments, whilst holding up to be a model Christian.

– Then again it could be someone who just hates compulsive liars and could put the USA in jeopardy if he was elected again.

– Perhaps someone who dislikes a president who steals from charities.

The list could go on and on and we probably won't know for a while, but there are many possibilities as listed above (and more) – – just saying!

My friend thought that maybe he was just a hateful, brain-dead percussionist.

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

He was a registered Republican*,But many MAGA are still trying to blame Biden

for the assassination attempt ,

* maybe he seen the light, at what the World would become if Trump won the election,

who wants a serial liar,rapist, fraudster ,narcissist, grifter ,and all the other stuff he has done,

to be in charge of your country , all rise King Donald .....

regards Worgegeordie

More bs and what's with the asterisk?

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, shdmn said:

I wouldn't bother trying to waste your time arguing facts with idiots who don't even care about the truth.  Easier to just point and laugh at them.

Classic Pot Kettle Syndrome. 

No cure available as yet.

14 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Please. Put me on ignore. Saying that the sitting president is Sleepy Joe, but getting angry when derogatory comments are made about Trump is ridiculous. Buttock clenchlingly ridiculous.

I don't get in the least bit angry when derogatory comments are made about Trump or Biden, why would I?    However it is rather frustrating when threads are hijacked by idiots, like you, posting incoherent rubbish.

• Love It 1

21 minutes ago, nauseus said:

More bs and what's with the asterisk?

I like them **** ***

regards Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, shdmn said:

The reason is because its a proven scientific fact that right-leaning people are much more gullible than anyone else to that sort of thing. 

When people use terms like "its a proven scientific fact"    one just inherently knows its not the case

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/14/2024 at 12:22 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

Damn!

Looks like the shooter, Thomas Matthew Crooks of Pennsylvania, was a registered Republican.

555555!!!!!

And needed some shooting/markmanship training.

Edited by xylophone
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

My friend thought that maybe he was just a hateful, brain-dead percussionist.

I don't think it was proven that he played in an orchestra!!!!!!

5 hours ago, jvs said:

That picture is a straight dagger to the heart of all military personnel,present and past.

Shame on the people who made and distribute this!

I hope all service personnel sees this and have their answer ready in November!

Let's see who put it up first, eh?

14 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

trump-victory.jpg

Whomever put that together should be ashamed of themselves, because this lying, spoilt narcissistic Dumbo dodged military service by way of "bone spurs". He then denigrated an American war hero, Jon McCain, calling him a loser.........

This article by Atlantic editor Jeffrey Goldberg reads:

"Trump remained fixated on McCain, one of the few prominent Republicans to continue criticizing him after he won the nomination. When McCain died, in August 2018, Trump told his senior staff, according to three sources with direct knowledge of this event, ‘We’re not going to support that loser’s funeral,’ and he became furious, according to witnesses, when he saw flags lowered to half-staff. ‘What the f--- are we doing that for? Guy was a f---ing loser,’ the president told aides."

To even put Trump's likeness on a memorial for those fallen in the war is disgustingly shameful.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Whomever put that together should be ashamed of themselves, because this lying, spoilt narcissistic Dumbo dodged military service by way of "bone spurs". He then denigrated an American war hero, Jon McCain, calling him a loser.........

This article by Atlantic editor Jeffrey Goldberg reads:

"Trump remained fixated on McCain, one of the few prominent Republicans to continue criticizing him after he won the nomination. When McCain died, in August 2018, Trump told his senior staff, according to three sources with direct knowledge of this event, ‘We’re not going to support that loser’s funeral,’ and he became furious, according to witnesses, when he saw flags lowered to half-staff. ‘What the f--- are we doing that for? Guy was a f---ing loser,’ the president told aides."

To even put Trump's likeness on a memorial for those fallen in the war is disgustingly shameful.

I don't disagree of any of your Trump derisions - but that photo has now entered the annals of history for better or for worse.

A photograph like this would have been powerful at any time in the past century – but published now, at this stage in the presidential campaign, in an era where half the world has already seen it? The historian Timothy Garton Ash has said it will ‘change the course of history of the world’. Maybe so. What we can say for sure is that the image will be remembered as one of the most important political photographs ever taken.

https://archive.ph/tY7Jf

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I don't disagree of any of your Trump derisions - but that photo has now entered the annals of history for better or for worse.

A photograph like this would have been powerful at any time in the past century – but published now, at this stage in the presidential campaign, in an era where half the world has already seen it? The historian Timothy Garton Ash has said it will ‘change the course of history of the world’. Maybe so. What we can say for sure is that the image will be remembered as one of the most important political photographs ever taken.

https://archive.ph/tY7Jf

We are talking about different photographs; you are talking about the one where he has blood on his cheek and his fist raised in the air, I'm talking about the one where he is depicted in a statue along with war heroes, which is a travesty of justice and good taste, because this loser and coward belongs nowhere near those brave people who fought for their country, whilst he denigrated them.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, xylophone said:

We are talking about different photographs; you are talking about the one where he has blood on his cheek and his fist raised in the air, I'm talking about the one where he is depicted in a statue along with war heroes, which is a travesty of justice and good taste, because this loser and coward belongs nowhere near those brave people who fought for their country, whilst he denigrated them.

Its only a bit of fun, don't take it so seriously 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, xylophone said:

All true and yet "optics". The Iwo Jima one was actually staged as well. Sadly facts are becoming increasingly less important in this post-truth world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raising_the_Flag_on_Iwo_Jima#Bibliography

Screenshot 2024-07-15 100954.jpg

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

An interesting fact about trump nobody knows because the media refuses to mention it is he was the first president to support gay marriage. I bet most gay people don’t even know this. I guess they would not care even if they did because of the tee dee sss. And no, it wasn’t Obama. It was trump. Sorry. Facts don’t lie

Is that why he’s always on stage dancing away to the Village People’s YMCA?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

An indirect hit seems more likely to me. But we'd better wait for the report, a speculative correction of a speculative correction of a speculation is bound to be wrong somewhere.

This will prove to be the most accurate and best comment in the entire thread ..... or is that just speculation?😉

8 hours ago, paddypower said:

Just like all the innocents who get shot dead every year. due to people like you.

You're forgetting the innocents who don't get shot, robbed, burglarized or carjacked every year, because they're armed, or the bad guys think there's a chance that they are. 

Take away our right to be armed, and it's open season on the innocent, with the bad guys still armed.  Because they won't be giving up their guns.  Look at most Blue cities with tight gun control.  Crime is out of control.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

All true and yet "optics". The Iwo Jima one was actually staged as well. Sadly facts are becoming increasingly less important in this post-truth world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raising_the_Flag_on_Iwo_Jima#Bibliography

Screenshot 2024-07-15 100954.jpg

I believe that you are purposely missing the point, because although the flag raising at Iwo Jima was staged, it was done so to celebrate a victory, whereas lauding trump in a statue, alongside war heroes he denigrated is, IMO, disgusting.

This is the pic I am talking about and you know it. Or perhaps you don't as you could be one of the supporters whom trump prefers???

image.png.0c91e6a48a1673c51bef2c093f9f8acf.png

22 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Project 2025 here we come.

Works for me, but then I am a self-avowed conservative.  No - not MAGA.  No - not Republican.  A conservative in the Classical Liberal sense which put me left of center 50 some-odd years ago. 

• Confused 1