Aftermath of the Trump Assassination Attempt Staring into the Abyss

Social Media

7 minutes ago, stoner said:

sorry i doubted you before oh great one 🙂

but seriously we might not agree on exactly what happened however too many huh and what moments already. illogical things. things that never happen. lame excuses. the list goes on and on. 

fortunately we have zapruters everywhere now... and for once it may actually help. 

a 20 year old weakling with 0 training or anything about anything. managed to bypass all the law enforcement in the area. even thought he was spotted at the door with a range finder - another huh moment for me. would a 20 year old with 0 training even know how to use one of those things in the context of what i am supposed to swallow. that he was scouting the area and knew what distances meant in relation to the stages. etc etc etc. for the shots he made. well call me stupid for doubting that.

the video of him on the roof i simply cannot swallow with the bs reasons given. grand failures of that scale simply do not ever happen within the secret service. buddy was like a tortoise crossing the road on a sunday morning with dozens of people going hey look over there.

ohhhhhh he went to the shooting range....... oh im sorry i thought i was firing at that son of a bitch kennedy.   

Like you, I don’t know exactly what went on … but everybody is a budding Zapruder in the mobile phone and social media age … and all of these videos and photographs might help us get to the truth. 

4 hours ago, AlexRich said:

And you don't care about them anymore than Trump does. 

He called them and set up a fundraiser. Did you donate?

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're wrong and the shooter was a flippin republican. The side inciting violence is the maga fascist side.

Get real - you really think he was a republican?  He probably registered as a republican when he got his drivers license and didn't even look at the box he was checking.   If his Mom, who is a registered democrat, drove him that day he might have checked democrat. 

You make some good points on AN but you are reaching and coming off as flustered.  The post you were replying to was clear and sensible and the contrast is HUGE when reading your angry rant. You are worse than what you despise and what you would do with Trump's power as a president would be  frightening.  

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not running for president and if you don't acknowledge that the maga fascist movement is a violent movement you are simply misinformed.

Yes it's a fact he was a registered republican. There are also multiple witnesses saying he was a right winger, and of course deeply into the right wing side on gun issues. 

The totally disgusting republicans blaming Biden for the assasination attempts or Trump's son saying "THEY" tried to murder his father (meaning democrats) are the ones to condemn here, not people correctly pointing out that the maga movement / Project / Loved in Russia JD Vance, etc. is a direct threat to American democracy.

You're unhinged at the moment. No problem and I've been there before and wished I would have just realize it will all be OK.  Trump has done some good things and some terrible but reality is hard thing to grasp when you're comepletely losing your shhttt.

Edited by atpeace
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, atpeace said:

You're unhinged at the moment. No problem and I've been there before and wished I would have just realize it will all be OK.  Trump has done some good things and some terrible but reality is hard thing to grasp when you're comepletely loose your shhttt.

Not accepting his loss in the last election logically should make him ineligible for running for dog catcher. You're either for American democracy or you're not. Trump and his fans are not. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Not accepting his loss in the last election logically should make him ineligible for running for dog catcher. You're either for American democracy or you're not. Trump and his fans are not. 

Yep - that is a huge fail on Trumps resume.  Hard to get past but I found  a way for better or worse.  I get your point but I decided to move on.  If you stopped the hyperbole, and stopped labeling whole groups as many here do, I think you may find some common ground with MAGA. 

I wonder what percent of conservatives are MAGA enthusiasts.  Most MAGA IMO are just loud beer loving patriots that are having a blast.  Not my thing but reminds me of a big frat party.   Could make the argument I need to take them more seriously but I get a good laugh out of their shenanigans.  

In the end, the world is in a good place compared to even the recent past.  Trump as president isn't something I lose any sleep over.  In 2016 I was like you though so I can relate.

Looking at NASDAQ and DOW continue rise and the muted prior and post election polls, it seem that the shooting event has not shaken up the country and has little impact on either the outcome of the election. Perhaps due to the fact that Trump is not an incumbent and a person who always courted violence. The key issues like economy, abortion, immigration,taxes and foreign policies will be at play. It is still 4 months away and the race is still wide open. However Dems have a big decision to made by Aug 19. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Looking at NASDAQ and DOW continue rise and the muted prior and post election polls, it seem that the shooting event has not shaken up the country and has little impact on either the outcome of the election. Perhaps due to the fact that Trump is not an incumbent and a person who always courted violence. The key issues like economy, abortion, immigration,taxes and foreign policies will be at play. It is still 4 months away and the race is still wide open. However Dems have a big decision to made by Aug 19. 

Yes, the rich are absolutely getting richer, that's why they all love Biden. The working poor and middle-class? Not so much. 

Bring in another ten million illegals Joe, we need lower wages and higher housing costs. Give them welfare cards they can spend buying our cr*p and put them in our hotels, that will drive up the numbers. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, the rich are absolutely getting richer, that's why they all love Biden. The working poor and middle-class? Not so much. 

Bring in another ten million illegals Joe, we need lower wages and higher housing costs. Give them welfare cards they can spend buying our cr*p and put them in our hotels, that will drive up the numbers. 

So your answer is a fake populists that give massive tax cuts to the rich?

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So your answer is a fake populists that give massive tax cuts to the rich?

No, you just made that up because you have no response. 

Please tell me how letting in ten million illegals helps the poor and middle class, I know how it helps the rich and drives the market. 

What are you paying in income tax? You understand the top 1% in the US pay over a quarter of ALL federal income taxes, and the top 10% pay over 60%. In fact, the top 10% over 75% of ALL income tax. 

More than 40% of US taxpayers pay NO federal income tax. 

Socially engineered tax incentives are put in place, and then you guys moan endlessly when people take advantage of them. 

But you already know all of this, yes?

The left does not really care about the poor, they only care about the rich.  "So long as the gap is smaller, they'd rather have the poor poorer."

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

No, you just made that up because you have no response. 

Please tell me how letting in ten million illegals helps the poor and middle class, I know how it helps the rich and drives the market. 

What are you paying in income tax? You understand the top 1% in the US pay over a quarter of ALL federal income taxes, and the top 10% pay over 60%. In fact, the top 10% over 75% of ALL income tax. 

More than 40% of US taxpayers pay NO federal income tax. 

Socially engineered tax incentives are put in place, and then you guys moan endlessly when people take advantage of them. 

But you already know all of this, yes?

The left does not really care about the poor, they only care about the rich.  "So long as the gap is smaller, they'd rather have the poor poorer."

It's a binary choice.

Voting for an insurrectionist fascist admitted wannabe dictator who will cave to Moscow is not a rational choice.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

It's a binary choice.

Voting for an insurrectionist fascist admitted wannabe dictator who will cave to Moscow is not a rational choice.

The "blue MAGA cult" is strong in you, go with God brother. 

If Trump is "...an insurrectionist fascist admitted wannabe dictator who will cave to Moscow...", is it not good that someone tried to kill him, and a shame that they did not? 

Just now, Yellowtail said:

If Trump is "...an insurrectionist fascist admitted wannabe dictator who will cave to Moscow...", is it not good that someone tried to kill him, and a shame that they did not? 

This is the hypocrisy. The left are comfortable in spewing hateful rhetoric, but when it comes right down to it, they really dont beileve it.  Otherwise they would be cheering.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

This is the hypocrisy. The left are comfortable in spewing hateful rhetoric, but when it comes right down to it, they really dont beileve it.  Otherwise they would be cheering.  

Don't kid yourself, they are cheering. Even the ones that know it's BS. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I see you've been watching Fox News and no I'm not going to dignify your disgusting troll bait.

I see you've been watching Fox News and no I'm not going to dignify your disgusting troll bait.

Of course, you want to make stuff up, spew it and run away like all leftists. 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not a leftist. 

I did not say you were a leftist, what I said was that you want to make stuff up, spew it and run away like all leftists. 

You could be a right-winger that makes stuff up, spews it and runs away like all leftists. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:
31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Of course, you want to make stuff up, spew it and run away like all leftists. 

I wish I had a baht for every lefty on here that has stomped their little lefty feet and gone home crying that they're not going to respond any more, then they come back and respond. 

I wish they'd keep their promises.  But keeping to their word is a big ask from a Dem.

With the 10:1 advantage they have with Dems in journalism vs Repubs in journalism, they should spot us a 5:1 handicap on bona fide links, just to level the playing field.  Or at least refrain from using lefty "fact checkers" that are paid shills.  And they still go away mad...

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/18/2024 at 11:51 AM, Eric Loh said:

Looking at NASDAQ and DOW continue rise and the muted prior and post election polls, it seem that the shooting event has not shaken up the country and has little impact on either the outcome of the election.

Could that be because the market makers have increased confidence that the Biden clan will be voted out in November?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Could that be because the market makers have increased confidence that the Biden clan will be voted out in November?

When examining the broader economic context, including GDP growth and job creation, Biden shows stronger performance than Trump in all these areas.

Cumulatively, Biden’s GDP growth stands at 19.24% compared to Trump’s 5.75%, and job growth under Biden has been significantly higher .

Mmmmmm!!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1