" Jump to content

Bread Pudding- where to buy in Pattaya ?

how241

I have seen bread pudding at Friendship Market and occasionally at TOPS.  I am on the darkside so both are not so close to me.  Has anyone seen bread pudding for sale around Pattaya ?  I don't want to make it myself.

Thanks for any help. 

Edited by how241

17 minutes ago, Espanol said:

The OP expressly said that he doesn't want to bake it himself.

I know, but when I showed how absolutely simple it is ,I thought he may change his mind. Guess I was wrong.

5 minutes ago, how241 said:

I didn't see it.  I will write to them and ask about Pattaya delivery. Thanks

Page 5 miscellaneous items 

HASH BROWNS............................................250 GRAM..........60 BAHT BEEF SUET…………………………………………………………………………………..….150 BAHT/KILO BEEF DRIPPING………………………………………………….500 GM……………….80 BAHT BREAD PUDDING………………………………………………..LARGE………………..40 BAHT

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

HASH BROWNS............................................250 GRAM..........60 BAHT BEEF SUET…………………………………………………………………………………..….150 BAHT/KILO BEEF DRIPPING………………………………………………….500 GM……………….80 BAHT BREAD PUDDING………………………………………………..LARGE………………..40 BAHT

40 for the pudding, Bht 200 for delivery! 555

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Nookies, sounds more like a gentleman's club than a bread pudding venue. 

Delights would be a few, young, attractive females. 

Doh!

22 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Yes, you are correct.  I did write to them and they told me that they don't recommend shipping this to Pattaya.  A frozen shipping box would cost 250 baht.  Thanks for your help.

9 hours ago, Keeps said:

Yes, very much so. Bread pudding is a pretty stodgy lump of cake. Bread and butter pudding is much lighter. Triangles of buttered bread (or broiche etc) baked in the oven in a light custard. Some add sultanas, raisins, choc chips etc. 

Thanks for this info.  I don't think I have ever tried the 'Bread and butter pudding' .

It does sound Very good and I would definitely be interested if I can find somewhere to buy it.   I have bought bread pudding at TOPS occasionally but TOPS is far away from me and it is not an item they have all the time.  I believe outside vendors sell it through TOPS.  I did try to call TOPS one time to ask about availability but the staff had limited English and couldn't help me.   

Oh Well,  such is life in Pattaya.  There could be worst problems to have. hahaha

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, how241 said:

Thanks for this info.  I don't think I have ever tried the 'Bread and butter pudding' .

It does sound Very good and I would definitely be interested if I can find somewhere to buy it.   I have bought bread pudding at TOPS occasionally but TOPS is far away from me and it is not an item they have all the time.  I believe outside vendors sell it through TOPS.  I did try to call TOPS one time to ask about availability but the staff had limited English and couldn't help me.   

Oh Well,  such is life in Pattaya.  There could be worst problems to have. hahaha

I think you will struggle to buy it anywhere to be sent as it doesn't 'travel' well. If you have a small kitchen top oven at your residence then it is pretty easy to make with a few ingredients and a baking dish/tin. The other possible option is it's likely that one or two 'English' restaurants in Pattaya sell it as a desert (along with apple/fruit crumble which is also very tasty as I'm sure you are aware). The restaurants that offer Sunday roast etc. They may well be able to pack you up a couple of portions aswell as takeaway which will reheat ok in a microwave.

Best of luck with your search.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, how241 said:

Yes, you are correct.  I did write to them and they told me that they don't recommend shipping this to Pattaya.  A frozen shipping box would cost 250 baht.  Thanks for your help.

Shame.

I will try to remember to bring some down next time I visit Buriram.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Keeps said:

Yes, very much so. Bread pudding is a pretty stodgy lump of cake. Bread and butter pudding is much lighter. Triangles of buttered bread (or broiche etc) baked in the oven in a light custard. Some add sultanas, raisins, choc chips etc.

Isn't there a version with Carnation Condensed milk added too?

• Love It 1

On 7/19/2024 at 6:41 PM, Keeps said:

The other possible option is it's likely that one or two 'English' restaurants in Pattaya sell it as a desert (along with apple/fruit crumble which is also very tasty as I'm sure you are aware). The restaurants that offer Sunday roast etc.

Good idea.  If I find such a place I would ask the owner to bake me up a whole tray.  I have frozen it before so buying a larger amount would not be a problem for me. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Keeps said:

Never had it made with Condensed milk but my Nan used to make it with Carnation Evaporated milk which wasn't so dense as the condensed milk.

Likely I am mixing up the two... I am actually more familiar with the Evaporated milk as it was what we got over our tinned fruit after Sunday dinner, the roast! The condensed was rather thick and sickly sweet wasn't it? Liked the Condensed stuff in coffee too!

Bread pudding is easy to make and the ingredients are readily available.  Any restaurant with an oven could do it for you.  Find a recipe you like on line,  print it out and decide on the price with the restaurant.  You can even show them a YouTube video.

In Pattaya, Tigglebitties Tavern can make a pan or two for you.  They don't have it on the menu, but I know they can make bread pudding on request.

In the worst case, there are recipes for bread pudding in a microwave, but I have never tried it that way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Likely I am mixing up the two... I am actually more familiar with the Evaporated milk as it was what we got over our tinned fruit after Sunday dinner, the roast! The condensed was rather thick and sickly sweet wasn't it? Liked the Condensed stuff in coffee too!

Spot on. We would have Evaporated milk on our tinned fruit cocktail or tinned peach halves after the Sunday dinner. The Condensed milk is the stuff they put in the Thai coffee and is much thicker. You could boil a tin of that unopened for about 6 hours and it would become caramel sauce for sticky toffee pudding etc. Thankfully, Carnation now sells the caramel sauce so no need to go to all that effort.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Keeps said:

Spot on. We would have Evaporated milk on our tinned fruit cocktail or tinned peach halves after the Sunday dinner. The Condensed milk is the stuff they put in the Thai coffee and is much thicker. You could boil a tin of that unopened for about 6 hours and it would become caramel sauce for sticky toffee pudding etc. Thankfully, Carnation now sells the caramel sauce so no need to go to all that effort.

They don't sell Evaporated Milk nor Condensed Milk in Thailand, unless specifically imported. If you are thinking about disputing this, don't. 😊 If you don't believe me, take the trouble to actually read the label the next time that you are in a shop. There will be a lot of dancing around, but no "Evaporated Milk" nor "Condensed Milk". The product is nothing like what you would get in the U.K. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, NowNow said:

They don't sell Evaporated Milk nor Condensed Milk in Thailand, unless specifically imported. If you are thinking about disputing this, don't. 😊 If you don't believe me, take the trouble to actually read the label the next time that you are in a shop. There will be a lot of dancing around, but no "Evaporated Milk" nor "Condensed Milk". The product is nothing like what you would get in the U.K. 

I buy cans of Carnation condensed milk from tops.... toss it in a pan of boiling water for 3hrs..... Lush Caramel !

11 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

They don't have it on the menu, but I know they can make bread pudding on request.

Thanks !!!   I am writing to them now.  I sent over this video and also told them it can be any recipe.