> Jump to content

Bed Towels

Maybole

More than 20 ears ago I bought 2 bed towels in Wararot Market.

The are now becoming increasingly frayed and will not last much longer, but I cannot find any new ones.

Has any member seen bed towels for sale in Chiang mai area. I can find mattress toppers in many bedding outlets but these are not the 100% cotton that I want so ignore them please.

Sorry I can't answer your question. All the towels, Egyptian cotton bed linens, duvets, and pillows in my Bangkok condo were brought from the UK (John Lewis and Soak&Sleep). I just couldn't find the quality in Thailand. Not even in Central.

Edited by soi3eddie

15 minutes ago, MrBrad said:

I've never heard the term "bed towels."  Google search doesn't help.  What are they?

Peruse a Thai history of sleeping, popular 30-50 years ago, maybe before then. Think of a towel the size of a blanket used as a sheet or blanket.

13 hours ago, Maybole said:

More than 20 ears ago I bought 2 bed towels in Wararot Market.

The are now becoming increasingly frayed and will not last much longer, but I cannot find any new ones.

Has any member seen bed towels for sale in Chiang mai area. I can find mattress toppers in many bedding outlets but these are not the 100% cotton that I want so ignore them please.

Lazada?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/cotton-terry-towel-blanket-for-bed-home-gray-blue-bed-cover-adult-student-dormitory-bedspread-retro-floral-sofa-blankets-throw-i3506215325-s13046602030.html?

59 minutes ago, MrBrad said:

I've never heard the term "bed towels."  Google search doesn't help.  What are they?

In Japan they are called "towelkets". Basically, a towel that is the size of a bedsheet or blanket that is used in place of traditional sheets or blankets. Single size are 150cm x 200cm.  They are very comfy in the heat of summer, absorb body heat and do not stay damp.  

Some of the better ones have a lining of heat and moisture wicking material. We are bringing a set over to use this summer. They cost about 10,000 yen each in Japan (something like 2200 thb) for single size. My wife also uses towels as pillow covers because they are easy to clean, cool, and are very soft. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

In Japan they are called "towelkets". Basically, a towel that is the size of a bedsheet or blanket that is used in place of traditional sheets or blankets. Single size are 150cm x 200cm.  They are very comfy in the heat of summer, absorb body heat and do not stay damp.  

Some of the better ones have a lining of heat and moisture wicking material. We are bringing a set over to use this summer. They cost about 10,000 yen each in Japan (something like 2200 thb) for single size. My wife also uses towels as pillow covers because they are easy to clean, cool, and are very soft. 

Cotton, be it towels, shirts, undies or sheets, do not dry out very quickly.

Maybe look for a hotel supplies shop in Chiang Mai.

I get all linen and towels from the hotel suppliers here on Samui.

100% cotton - Egyptian and others. Various different thread counts (price).

Good quality - long lasting.

11 hours ago, MrBrad said:

Large (2mx2m) thin sheets of toweling material that can be slept on. I put them underthe sheet.

• Thanks 1